tbh

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
kinda realised today, for the first time, i don't actually enjoy this game any more. i'm just playing for the sake of playing.

i only play mid casters to any great extent, who are mostly useless. there's been plenty of time to sort caster issues, but i think i've waited long enough, and forked out more than enough money.

toa sounds like a pile of shit imo, further imballancing the allready imballanced, and adding a shitload of new bugs. making combat faster and people die quicker isn't improving the game, its just the same thing at a differnt speed.

anyway, i've had my fill of it. sub ends in two weeks time, so i shall be charging hopelessly into emain one.. last.. time to be wtf pwned by some instamezzer and his stealther mate, get zerged, or smacked to death with a wet kipper by some afk bard.

/jaded
/salute
/quit

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
ok.... be happy ^^

and btw TOA is only tank love ? sound like that from what u wrote ^^

well bb and have a nice rl :touch:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Know how you feel old m8, shame to see you go still, but i guess this is gonna be a regular thing.

Time to make a "/Cya round" macro. :(

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah Spiritmasters suck ass. Highest delve pbae in the game. Pet with ridiculous amounts of intercepts. Support from best guard tank in the game? And support from 2-3 of best cc class in game. Oh and aoe stun. :twak:

Cya (but theres nothing wrong with mid casters).

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The SM 1.66 TL report mentioned problems in ToA for all casters unless they were willing to RA respec to get Majestic Will 3 as the mobs were just simply too tough. That means reducing effectiveness for RvR for casters of all realms as all are affected the same. Given that RvR is generally ruled (with rare exceptions) by tank groups unless in siege or zerg, Rivan's frustration is something that is felt by many that play casters.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
ToA will bring some improvements to casters, like faster casting speed, more dmg, ways to manipulate your own and the opponents power supply, ways to lower the opponents effective level (thereby making it harder for her to resist you) and the ability to be bodyguarded by a tank. Ofc tanks will also be improved, but on the whole i see more utility for casters in future rvr groups.

On the topic of beeing jaded: Yup, we all feel that sooner or later: Sometimes a break will make you wanna come back, sometimes it wont. Some days the game is fun, other days you cant imagine why you keep playing it. The key, as with most things is modest consumption :) Nothing can keep its entertainment value if its worn out and overused.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
If you actually read what people have said about ToA as opposed to just skimming through the whines, you will realise that this is when casters come into their own.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I was referring to generally low effectiveness currently outside of a zerg or a siege. Tbh there are few casters that haven't expressed the same frustrations at various times.

ToA should bring casters back into RvR properly for the first time in ages after people do the appropriate quests and item hunting etc.
(However it is a bit of an insult being asked to give up RAs though just so you can hit a mob you *need* to get for a quest in PvE ;))

Prescient Node alone is worth getting ToA for, just so you can see stealth zergs at MGs then pbae the shit out of them - it might not break stealth but by hec it means you know where to get the buggers :D

Oasis

Fledgling Freddie
Hope you find a good new game m8.
I have to agree I'm bored too. I think I need sex :eek:

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
I hate the idea of being forced back into PvE again to level up who knows what for all these weird and wonderful abilities etc, some of which seem so *out there* that i don't think i'd actually understand what was going on in a PvP conflict any more.

everything in this game seems bias against magic users- without *massive* investments in RAs, as oppose to the cheap nail in the caster coffin that was determination.

enough is enough imo; i've had a lot of fun in the past, but i'm sick of waiting for the next keep defence so i can scrape together a few rps.

sorry to sound so whiney, but after two years i've become very, very jaded and cynical.

good luck to you all etc :)

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
I hate the idea of being forced back into PvE again to level up who knows what for all these weird and wonderful abilities etc, some of which seem so *out there* that i don't think i'd actually understand what was going on in a PvP conflict any more.

everything in this game seems bias against magic users- without *massive* investments in RAs, as oppose to the cheap nail in the caster coffin that was determination.

enough is enough imo; i've had a lot of fun in the past, but i'm sick of waiting for the next keep defence so i can scrape together a few rps.

sorry to sound so whiney, but after two years i've become very, very jaded and cynical.

good luck to you all etc :)

I feel where you're coming from but I've just recently returned from an extended break and I'm amazed at how new and fun the game is again.

I'm looking at levelling from 1-50 for a 7th time and it's not nearly as daunting as it would have been before my break.

Don't quit, take a break! :wub:

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Dook said:
I feel where you're coming from but I've just recently returned from an extended break and I'm amazed at how new and fun the game is again.

I'm looking at levelling from 1-50 for a 7th time and it's not nearly as daunting as it would have been before my break.

Don't quit, take a break! :wub:

I totaly agree..
I just came back from a 6 month breake and i am lvling a scout and a cleric (NOT bb ;) ) , and trying to get into a guild

it is SO much more fun than when i quit, and some of the improvements are realy noticable when you have ben away for some time.....

as you mgiht notice from my sig i played SWG during this breake/quit, and kinda missed the RvR part of DaoC... i know, i know.. it sounds crazy but its true! :)

Play your SB if your tierd of caster classes, move to hib/alb for a while, or take a breake...

But if you want to quit, dont delete your chars, you may regret it ;)

Sigurd

Banned
You'll come crawling back... we all do... as for casters being bad in RvR - not the case these days, not in the US servers anyway - artifacts give + to casting time, buff effectiveness, all sorts of nice abilities... of course they take time to aquire, level etc. (harpy feather cloak is 2 oranges per 1% to level 1 solo) but we're all in the same boat, tanks, casters, support, assassins. You might want to look at an animist if you can bring yourself to play in hib, they're one of the best casters these days.

Flawless

Fledgling Freddie
almost got my 9th level 50, tried all realms, beyond 40.

and well ruddy sick of it, i really wish i had somthing better to do with my time ;p

i just play it to pass the time.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Hm Rivan has no affiliation to the Brood War player Rivan? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom