Tattoo's

Poag

m00?
Strange title i know.

But i'm pondering getting a few tats done.

i was talking to a friend who i didn't know had any tats on her. Started talking about pericings and the like and she asked me if i had thoughts about getting a tat done.

So she showed me to three tats she has, one on the base of her back, its kinda a flame wave..i can't think of any other description for it...really like it myself, tempted to copy it.

Second was on her arm, she usually wear long sleeves so not seen it before, it was a kinda of braclet i guess going around her arm just below the elbow.

Third was a small tiger on her chest, just above her left breast i guess, yeah we got some funny looks, sitting in the park in the sun and suddenly no top on and showing me her tattoos :p

All really nicely done when she lived in Australia, shes 32 and has had them for some 8 years, the tiger was a little faded but the others were still pretty black, i think she had the tiger done first.

I am actually really keen to get one or some done, been looking for places in and around London [where i live] and found a few places, think i'll go in and have a look soonish.

What i am pondering tho is how long they will stay properly coloured for. I dont know if we have people on here who have tattoos or even, would be a logn shot, someone who actually does the tatting process.

Why? Well, i think i am changing as a person recently, how i see myself has changed drastically, I was generally quite serious in life, now i'm alot more....frivolus i guess. I thought about these not long ago [maybe 4 months ago] and decided definatly wasn't gonna do anythign like it to my body, thigns happened, outlook on life changed, i changed. So now they are a keen thing to have done.

So thats my wondering, i'm also pondering designs. Having gone around a few sites and looked at the "stock" galleries I have a few ideas for what i'd like. The flame crest at the base of ym back would be the one i get done first.
Also looked at..well.. a flaming circle i guess i'll try and find a picture in a minute to have on one side of my chest, however i wondered about something on ym forearms over ym chest, but i coulnd't come up with anythign that really said "this is me" to me..i'm still looking around at galleries :) I dont want a huge thing done, not the massive thigns you see, just a few not small but not massive ones i guess.

Anyone advise?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Generally its women that get it done at the base of the back... i haven't seen many men with it.

Ive got 4 tattoos big ass Dragon on my back :) covers the whole of my back which was expensive but it looks awsome.

Got a snake on my right arm that goes from the shoulder blade down to my wrist.

Panther on my left upper arm.

And brothers name on my lower left arm.

Colouring stays nice for a few years the colour doesn't like the sun though :) it will fade faster if its in sunlight all the time much like other things with colour on it.

The base of the back is probably the most painful place you could get a tattoo done i advise against it unless you know you have a high pain threshold. Tattoos hurt anyone who says they don't is lieing i advise you to get one done on your arm/upper back or something just to see how you go.

When i was having my dragon done (was in there for 4.5 hours) it was pretty painful when he started going down to my lower back.

Mean while some bloke comes in and asks for his lower back doing.. he passed out within 5mins.

Best advise is get a tattoo somewhere else first and see how you go because there would be nothing more embarrassing then fainting.

Poag

m00?
BTW what i'm looking for really is some decent places to get them done, opposed to "yes you should get some" "no never do it"

Its pretty much a given i'll get it done, just where and what i am looking for right now :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Xtro is the resident tattoo expert, he doesn't come here much anymore though.

I have 3, I want all 3 covered up though, I had them 17 years ago when I was 16 and they are typical 16 year old tattoos. I hate them. All the colours and blacks haven't faded at all though, the skin dermus(sp) is a very durable part of the skin and it doesn't change much, so if its there its there for life.

My advice would be to not have any at all and if you do have them where you can hide them.

Poag

m00?
Thanks Ada.

I was aware that it hurt like f**k, but not so bad that people feinted :eek:

Well I am looking at verious ones for my arm [forearm really] and possibly one to go from my shoulder down onto my chest.

I'm not really looking for "things" as in object or names, more the abstractness, and not overly complex, purly black and just lines really.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
Xtro is the resident tattoo expert, he doesn't come here much anymore though.

I have 3, I want all 3 covered up though, I had them 17 years ago when I was 16 and they are typical 16 year old tattoos. I hate them. All the colours and blacks haven't faded at all though, the skin dermus(sp) is a very durable part of the skin and it doesn't change much, so if its there its there for life.

My advice would be to not have any at all and if you do have them where you can hide them.

Yep i agree don't get one done anywhere where you cannot cover it up.

There is this girl round my area she has one of those tribal patterns on one side of her face... she looks gorgeous but she told me shes never got a job because of the tattoo.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gale said:
Thanks Ada.

I was aware that it hurt like f**k, but not so bad that people feinted :eek:

Well I am looking at verious ones for my arm [forearm really] and possibly one to go from my shoulder down onto my chest.

I'm not really looking for "things" as in object or names, more the abstractness, and not overly complex, purly black and just lines really.

Best thing to do mate is just go to the shop and ask for books on what kind of thing you want.

You wouldn't believe how many books they have one just one thing dragons/panthers etc etc my shop has 4 books with dragon tattoos in lots to choose from.

Mey

Part of the furniture
I always fancied getting Mjollnir tatooed on the underside of my forearm, but i always spend my money on booze and cigs before i find the bottle to get it done.

Mey

Part of the furniture
ooo how good is this tatoo.

(warning naked rear end inc: so possible NSFW)

Img5133_tattoo0159.jpg

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Gale said:
BTW what i'm looking for really is some decent places to get them done, opposed to "yes you should get some" "no never do it"

Its pretty much a given i'll get it done, just where and what i am looking for right now :)

Personally the places i would reccomend in london are

living image
Rob who owns it is one of the best tattoo artists in the world. I've had quite a few friends done by him and he is highly reccomended, i'm goign to be goign to him if i can ever come up with a new design for a left shoulder piece.

Tusk Come reccomended by friends.

Into You Come very highly reccomended by me as they did a great job with my upper back piece and all of their artists are world class (with Alex Binnie being one of the greatest tribal tattooists in the world)

There are a couple in Soho which i've had friends get work done at, but i can't for the life of me remember the names of them.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I love the look of new tattoos and I can see the temptation. The one that Mey posted looks fantastic. In my job I see too many old bodies and have seen have seen too many old tattoos to ever consider getting one.

Over time the colours will fade and the blacks will come dark blue and will blur and migrate into surrounding skin. Your skin will lose it's youthful tone and become less elastic and more saggy. Imagine the one Lazarus posted in 20 years time Yeugghh. (well it's already foul) Even May's one, think of it when that lovely pert bottom has been ravaged by child birth and cellulite, the colous have faded and the edges blurred.

Sadly the bottom line is that if you live to a ripe old age then you will undoubtedly regret having your tattoo at some point. When and how much will vary, but you will wish you hadn't sometime.

Of course if at this point you are rich enough you can always have it removed, so it's not all bad :)

RB

Mey

Part of the furniture
hehe i totally agree with you on the bluring and sagging my grandad (in his 60-70's) now has a sail ship on his right forearm (common for sailors me thinks) and it has gone pale blue and is very hard to see unless he strechs his skin.

Poag

m00?
quite true, which is why i'm not actually going for an object or a "thing" more lines and solid shapes, which aparently age better on skin.

Still i went to Into You at lunch today for 2 horus and flicked through the books, checked out some work alrdy done and chatted to the people there.

They can't do the Tribal work i'd like done until september :( they said theres a guy coming in who does Mowri [sorry terrible spelling] in June who can do me some of his work, but its not really the style I am looking at.

Onwards in my quest for a place to get it done :) dont mind traveling, as long i can get there, be done, and back inside a day from london :p

I'll give the other places Yaruar posted a call and see what the waiting times are.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Rubber Bullets said:
I love the look of new tattoos and I can see the temptation. The one that Mey posted looks fantastic. In my job I see too many old bodies and have seen have seen too many old tattoos to ever consider getting one.

Over time the colours will fade and the blacks will come dark blue and will blur and migrate into surrounding skin. Your skin will lose it's youthful tone and become less elastic and more saggy. Imagine the one Lazarus posted in 20 years time Yeugghh. (well it's already foul) Even May's one, think of it when that lovely pert bottom has been ravaged by child birth and cellulite, the colous have faded and the edges blurred.

Sadly the bottom line is that if you live to a ripe old age then you will undoubtedly regret having your tattoo at some point. When and how much will vary, but you will wish you hadn't sometime.

Of course if at this point you are rich enough you can always have it removed, so it's not all bad :)

RB

This is what's always put me off. I've been tempted a few times and then just imagine it 30 years down the line. And those big ones; well, sure you can get them removed, but over that area the scarring would probably be worse than the saggy tattoo.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
DaGaffer said:
And those big ones; well, sure you can get them removed, but over that area the scarring would probably be worse than the saggy tattoo.

True, but by the time I said that I was trying not to come over as too negative :)

RB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom