Tarantino - Overrated

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Kill Bill was bloody aweful, imo of course. From Dusk Till Dawn on the other hand, was great fun and pulp Fiction is one of me favourite films :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Braindead and From Dusk Till Dawn.

The only similarity you are seeing and finding, Darko, is that they both contain a lot of fun, OTT killing.

FDTD is clearly by no way a rip off of Braindead, they're totally different. So one was made after the other, and they both have excessive gory killing? OH NO, IT'S A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
To my defense I did just give two blatent examples...I can't be arsed to watch it again to find more.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Kill Bill was bad enough, but Kill Bill 2 is the most dissapointing movie I've ever seen in cinema. Some scenes were too long and you'll find better dialogue in badly translated japannese movies.

The films wanted to do something different and while some will appreciate it, I'm not one of them. I'd rather have seen a single movie with less crap and more action. Read books to appreciate good dialogue, watch movies for fast entertainment, imo.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, I've just watched Kill Bill 2, and I have to say it was a big improvement on Kill Bill 1. The dialogue was a bit drawn out at times, and I found myself getting distracted by thoughts of work/money etc, but on the whole, much more fun than vol .1

It was also quite beautifully shot, the scenes outside the church (and inside) were wonderfully lit. Bill's house was made beautiful by some very complimentary lighting.

One of the highlights was the coffin sequence, which I won't go into for obvious reasons, but was very well thought out. I also enjoyed the sections showing *******'s training, made me think of all those dodgy chop sokey movies.

BTW 'escape' perhaps you should go buy Armageddon, you'll never have to go to the cinema ever again.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Armageddon is that american disaster movie? probably includes male bonding experiences and the usual holywood crap. I've seen the trailer and want nothing more to do with the film.

Kill Bill will become like a famous artist who smears his excrement across a canvas and frames it in an art gallery. The masses of fanatical arts critics will be blown away by the contrasting textures and such... whilst someone in possesion of his senses will wonder what kind of a person displays his shit in public.

Truly, if I want to be inspired by well lit locations and constrasting colours, I could watch any one of 30 home improvement programs on TV. It's not what I'm paying money to see in cinema. The film had potential, but Tarantino wanted to be artistic and frankly he doesn't have it. He should stick with violent movies with clever editing.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
The best thing about Kill Bill is ITV's haxxored Midsomer Murders ad which rips off the fucking annoying constantly on every 2 seconds Kill Bill ads...

That fucking tune is really annoying now... it's constantly on! it's a pain!

Saying that I haven't watched Kill Bill 1 or 2 yet, been waiting to watch them both in a row for the first time :p

Talsar

Albion Legend
Tbh i thought that he was slipping somewhat until Kill Bill, another classic imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom