Tanks

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
So was thinking in rolling a tank , wich of those 3 ( bm, hero, champ) is most wanted nowadays in rvr grps? Champ is a class that i like but i think isnt very wanted in rvr grps and i want to play in fg, suggest plz :p thnx in advance

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Champ is da luve <3

ST, Debuffs, Insta DD, Insta snare, LW, über RR5 is just perfect imo :p

Missing Stoicism and Charge tho :(

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Yeah cause you really need it :p

well not really.. been also running alot grps lately with 2 champs(me and bencevur) and the damageoutput is quite better than the damage BMs can do.

charge and Stoicism aint really needed THAT much, but its a very bad idea just to run in the middle of grps without charge :p If you play your character well its not a must to have those.

ps. the RR5 ability can take out some mercs/zerkers with only 2 shots sometimes if they aint getting heal - check some of the damages in my signature. :flame:

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
I would say champion aswell... its a very diverse class that is awesome for interupting and weakening ur enemies :)

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
Fuaip said:
and the damageoutput is quite better than the damage BMs can do.

damage per hit yes, dps no.

what is your swingspeed? i 3 shot some zerks on my bm aswell.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Chrstffr said:
damage per hit yes, dps no.

what is your swingspeed? i 3 shot some zerks on my bm aswell.

damageoutput mainly is more, if not i wouldnt be able to kill all those zerkers/mercs when i solo or BM's in duels..

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Fuaip said:
damageoutput mainly is more, if not i wouldnt be able to kill all those zerkers/mercs when i solo or BM's in duels..
uhm ur debuffs is VERY powerful in 1vs1 fights, it doesnt mean ur dmg is higher then bm's ;p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
On paper Champions are the best option ... but i never rolled one as i know myself that i could never live with the low hp/Lack of cc immunity ... played a Hero for a good while but kinda shelved him now and my blademaster is almost ready for rvr ... Blademaster imo :D

P.S. Furby 15 str 10 qui @ creation ftw ...

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Watch the ourgroup video (they run champ+bm) setup and lol dont see and pov but they kill quick. Id go with either of those.
Also at lower RRs, go high LW/valor str/con debuff and arti charges, go poc and pwn some PL groups
;)

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:
uhm ur debuffs is VERY powerful in 1vs1 fights, it doesnt mean ur dmg is higher then bm's ;p

might be true.. havnt played BM really:D

anyway, to make me semi right: RR5 on tough armor is better damage!! :D

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Fuaip said:
might be true.. havnt played BM really:D

anyway, to make me semi right: RR5 on tough armor is better damage!! :D

Or ... u could just duo with me on ure shade and be my buff leeching Padawan :D

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:
Or ... u could just duo with me on ure shade and be my buff leeching Padawan :D

When i dont got GG's running i will, Master Yoda-Punishment.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
But champs dmg with lw is lower than hero's one no?

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Ta for the replys :p gonna pl one do ml's temp and lets see if i get some grps :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
champ dmg is pretty good, especially considering u can't be str-con stripped, but i dont think it matches a firby blade bm.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd wait and see what new MLs Heros get access to before rolling a champ.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh i heard they will prolly get banelord, is that right?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Yurka said:
I'd wait and see what new MLs Heros get access to before rolling a champ.

hero does/will do a different job really. bm's are in danger from hero's if hero gets BL... not champs, imo.

faropparick

Fledgling Freddie
I agree Champ is very good, because in my opinion Champ > Hero (if you want to be a offensive tank ofc); BM would be also a good pick up but there are many BM and very few Champ.

BM for sure have more DPS than Champ (except against high ABS target, because of Champ RR5) and at high RR they are unstopable because of charge+stoicism+determination

On the other hand Champ have much more utility with Valor, Slam, Static Tempest, ecc...

P.S. 2 little advices if you want to roll a tank:
1) 250 quickness is a must, don't think to make a template without it (if you are a firby you will need to spend some RP also to get it); it grants you much more damage than +str or +%crit (tested both by simulations and by real RvR)
2) Find a regular partner tank if you can; when you are in RvR it is very very important that the tanks knows each other, because they will need to move together, to know when is better to assist each other and when is better to split on differents targets, to temporize the BL shouts ecc...During last weeks I started to play a lot with the same partner, and I can see that I'm double as effective with him, compared to everyone other

There could be many others good advices but I wanted to focus on this 2 because they are very important and not allways so considered (in particular concerning quickness)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
I would go either Blademaster or Hero even though champ is nice I wouldent want to play that class in RvR.

Main reason is really the lack of storcism that a rather big deal tbh.

Even with storcism the many CC's can be annoying, and ofcourse it's only worse as a champ.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Think will roll champ, suggestion on starting points? celt female 4tw :)

And i thought to go 42 shield, as i think its not worth atm going 50 valor, it pisses off to get debuffed of s/c but dont really think in spending so many points on it till they boost a bit valor line, what ya think?

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
faropparick said:
P.S. 2 little advices if you want to roll a tank:
1) 250 quickness is a must, don't think to make a template without it (if you are a firby you will need to spend some RP also to get it); it grants you much more damage than +str or +%crit (tested both by simulations and by real RvR)

well, i dont find the 250 quick on champ needed that bad, as frontload isnt that bad. Also it will take 4 of my RSP's to get from 233 to 250 which i dont want to spend on quick :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
celt i'd go 15str 10con or 10str 10con 10qui

i went shar 15str 10qui which gives 10con more than a celt with +10con and the same base qui, if he went 15str 10con ofc :m00:

+shar has the 5% sorc mezz racial

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
Fuaip said:
and the damageoutput is quite better than the damage BMs can do.

Nowhere close.

You can *peak* better damage in a limited timeframe now and then (badge + debuffs), but in general a bm will outdamage a champ quite significantly. Add to that the fact that you will get CCed off your target a lot more of the time than a stio/charge tank will, and the math is fairly clear.

Champ is the typical example of a hybrid you want 1 of in a group and never more.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Gondath said:
Champ is the typical example of a hybrid you want 1 of in a group and never more.

2 in grp can be very good, if there is like 3 casters. Yesterday i played in grp with 2 animists, 2 Champs, 1 caster(chanter or Bain) as damageoutput which actually worked surprisingly good.

I'd maybe even prefer to play 2 champs in caster grps because of the debuffs/ST and such. But yes, mostly in grps with like 3 tanks or 2 tanks+BG'er the BM would be good as 2nd tank and only 1 champion

faropparick

Fledgling Freddie
Fuaip said:
well, i dont find the 250 quick on champ needed that bad, as frontload isnt that bad. Also it will take 4 of my RSP's to get from 233 to 250 which i dont want to spend on quick :p

Don't have experience with Champ since I never rolled one in RvR, however as a BM it is allmost impossible to kill my target at 1° shot, even with the assist of one other BM, and so I really need my 250 (248 now tbh) quickness to get a fast 2°/3° shot to finish him before he can get healed (mind also that often the 1° shot is fucked by bladeturn).

Think at this: for all healers +101 Dex on TP and Aug Dex is a must to raise your chance to heal in time; so why a tank would not want to get +quick to shot again your target before healing?
And + quick not only mean more DPS but also more interrupt (again I'm speaking as a BM, perhaps champ is different also if I don't think so)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom