Tanks and PQ's

emma

Loyal Freddie
Is it just me or is it really hard to get decent contribution bonus's as a tank in PQ's, just seems silly that a tank the 2nd most important thing on later PQ's gets screwed over big time in contribution even though in most cases that PQ would have been nigh on impossible without one.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
As the tank I get 500 or 450 almost all the time in PQs which is first or second place. I'm also using a shield also, so I don't know if they calculate damage taken or not but I could dps a little more too if I used a 2 Hander.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It can be hard just getting to the mobs in time before casters nuke them... :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Its very hard if theres a better tank than you but if I'm the only tank i rarely get below second place. You get sick contribution points for tanking.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
so far on the first few PQ's as the chaos melee DPS class (forgot the name) I get first place on contribution about 70% of the time as I'm not scared to take damage as I seems to end up with healers who actualy help by healing in a group. so I can hold agro cause daamage and take it while the casters fire in.

but to behonest I dont think it is that hard to get contribution first place as from my experiance 90% of the time the people play tank class run from the mobs and it normaly ends up being some1 with high DPS taking the agro. but not sure if that is just the people on the server I'm playing on.

but getting first in contribution means nothing I have had it loads of times but if the roll goes the wrong way like it often does for me you put all that contribution in and end up ranking below the loot awards.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Very easy as a healer to come 1st or 2nd in the contribution list. Dot the mob, use instant damage spells on it and hot the tanks.

I think tanks gain "points" from holding aggro, but can't confirm this.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tanks and healers do very well in my experience. Melee dps loses out the further I go (chapter 9 so far)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom