Tank/Stealther opinions on 1v1 vs caster

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
What do you solo guys feel about having 1v1's with casters? I'd say just on balance, both sides have a fair crack against the hib caster classes (pertinant to me). Not sure how it stacks for

But i'm never certain whether you want to have a 1v1 vs my eldie, so always leave those I recognise alone - Brad, Jir, Nux, Yr etc.

Stealthers, its not so important, coz if you want a 1v1 then you picks the time. Though cant really think of so many stealthers who arnt add happy - Eul and Censi's hunter are the ones that spring to mind, Cylian as well when he was around. Actually i'm sure there are others, i'd only remember the names in game.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
your only chance of surviving a stealther strike is using eld rr5, cant see how you can have a good 1v1 with a stealther really

leviathane

Part of the furniture
noticed a trend lately, hit a caster once and they insta moc. Even moc if you get bs/pa chains off :/

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
your only chance of surviving a stealther strike is using eld rr5, cant see how you can have a good 1v1 with a stealther really

Its can be done, there are ways and means. Had many many good 1v1 fights with stealthers on my eldie. Though rr5 helps :), plus not presenting a PA'able target. If the pa lands then it is toast time 95% of the time.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
noticed a trend lately, hit a caster once and they insta moc. Even moc if you get bs/pa chains off :/

Maybe with the big zergs dieing a death, casters investing less in pure damage and getting more solo/small pug friendly ra's. Perhaps. Or might just be that all casters seem to be rr10 or 11 nowadays :(

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

Noticed the same, particularly sorcs who will purge, then moc and lifetap you into the ground....tbh thats always happened, just seems more common recently.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh... melee vs caster .. cant give any super fights. So no reason to go for a classic '1vs1' tbh.

PS: Name of eld :p .. so that i know :p

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
hehe only winning way for a caster iif he mocs a pbao if a stealther has everything up tbh, and theres so noob sorc around doesnt matter if they moc or not they go down.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
hehe only winning way for a caster iif he mocs a pbao if a stealther has everything up tbh, and theres so noob sorc around doesnt matter if they moc or not they go down.

Not all stealthers play as well as you though :fluffle:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh... melee vs caster .. cant give any super fights. So no reason to go for a classic '1vs1' tbh.

PS: Name of eld :p .. so that i know :p

Less a classic one v one question, and more when i see those tanks solo are they happier to be left than engage in going head to head with a caster.

I probably know the answer (but wanted to kick off a discussion), best to just leave, as keeps things simple for peeps and meleers would rather save ras for other melee 1v1, and from the casters perspective (well mine) tanks are a lot of work for the rps now adays. Gone are the days of killing em in the duration of a stun. Which incidently is a good thing. ;)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Well..y. For all except heavy tanks that stand a glowing chance.... rest need to use at least purge usually.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
There's no stealther that can land CD if you play decent on your caster, atleast havent happend to me for a long time.
Had some really great 1v1 on my RM recently vs sorcs and cabbies, lost some and won some but to say you can't have a good 1v1 as a caster is just silly.
Against stealthers it's normally decided within the 1st 2-4 secs depending on PA damage and other toys they might use (poisonspike etc) but Zo /use2 is always nice as a way to try and get that little advantage you need to turn the battle around.

Problem with solo casters is you will likely get added on even by the people that say they respect 1v1 fights because people don't approve of 1v1 if 1 of them is a caster (can understand it to some extent if you put for instance a Necro in the caster list).

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Aye agree there. Ive had some cracking long running battles against most classes at one time or another.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Have had a few cool caster fights aswell, but 70% of the times it's PA > free rps, 25% caster purge/moc/ml9 > dead, and 5% would be the times you actually get a cool fight :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
re: insta moc dumpage. tbh it's the best thing to do if get an assassin pop anyhow, nm how moronic it looks.

Alternative is trying to get qc CC off while they spam run thru, GoV starts proccing (CC immunity inc!) and health bar drops to the floor. Then they purge it anyhow - they wouldn't have popped unless purge was up. I hate wasting moc on assassins and tend to hang on to it, but dumping it 1/2way thru fight normally is too late.

Some 1v1s are stupid ofc but that goes between melee classes also as much as vs casters. I can't say I like fighting stealth much either, either one extreme happens or the other. Sometimes u get stun nuke nuke kills or some caster jump you and frag you, sometimes have fights with both parties dumping 3, 4, 5 actives and/or immunity timers resetting and/or moving across zones.

Lot of classes can kill casters, i dunno why peeps whine, prolly history from the 4 brittles, unnerfed ml9 era. Only class I can think of that's totally useless is the pally (let em get in melee, slam you, take another 10s checking out whose arguing on big brother, who cares, you'll still be on 70% hps).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
just run through when they moc, not only do t hey waste two times RAs but they also die

HAve to say casters arent much trouble as a heavy tank anymore, most just run off into the distance. As a NS though if you get the PA full chain off they are usually dead.

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Run through on a caster only works if its a non pbaoe class do it to a chanter or a sup sm ice wizz or a chanter and ur dead anyway :p

Never soloed much on my chanter never found it interesting if you found someone and stunned them most of the time they died not much of a fight in my eyes and if that didn't happen you got zerged by a fg hence why I have a stealther for solo play

leviathane

Part of the furniture
chanters are so funny if you run with stun immunity charge from cb up. Stun debuff wtf why am i mezzed, the shit ones anyway that only know stun nuke nuke omg i win.

C

Carss

As most casters tend to be in a zerg area i tend to jump them with 1her out, summon pet and frenzy it asap, pull out 2her when bt and brittles are down and run though ragnarok with matter or spirit weapons to drop them fast, if they moc they get FZ or PS or simply more run though :p

Roll somthing else if you want to solo id say crom, casters get boreing to solo with, is only fun to take out multipul idiots, but it does get dull after a while.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
caster are generally free RP to a hunter, based on the fact you know the ones which are going to give you trouble if they use ability X and you dont have ability Y up to counter.. the main problem is dropping a caster out of speed from hunter POV, if u balls that up you can get toasted.

having purge 1 doesnt help...

MOC could potentially own you but you have like FZ or phase shift to help you.

saying that you fight so few decent casters you could get a warped impression really... when you fight the good casters you realize that if you dont tie them up and get the grind going on them fast you are prolly gonna get some nuke slap love....

like maeloch (who is as elusive as they come) says though, if you eat a PA chain from an assasin and go down the QC+CC that can get you killed... so MOC is not always crap..

Ive noticed the solo caster population drop basically because of how they boost PA... which is good for the game...

someone commented on this on mirc, like you assume playing a caster is soooo easy etc. but theres so many sneaks around who will jump you when you least expect it... the caster notoriously (on the whole) has just become an add class... with the rare few exceptions of solid players (like staj and maeloch) who can play them with some respect to others.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
What do you solo guys feel about having 1v1's with casters? I'd say just on balance, both sides have a fair crack against the hib caster classes (pertinant to me). Not sure how it stacks for

But i'm never certain whether you want to have a 1v1 vs my eldie, so always leave those I recognise alone - Brad, Jir, Nux, Yr etc.

Stealthers, its not so important, coz if you want a 1v1 then you picks the time. Though cant really think of so many stealthers who arnt add happy - Eul and Censi's hunter are the ones that spring to mind, Cylian as well when he was around. Actually i'm sure there are others, i'd only remember the names in game.
I don't mind a 1vs1 with casters and some of those fights can be quite fun, but i don't think /beckon and /bow would work too well between a caster and a tank. If that's what you mean.
With my zerker, i would get stunned and possibly nuked down before i reached you, or i could just charge and kill you. Either way, it wouldn't make for a very good duel. :)
If you see me running around solo, looking for a fight, you're better off attacking me before i see you. I don't mind that, cause i might charge you if i see you first. That's what i consider as soloing anyways, not standing around /beckoning and /bowing. That's something i do if i run into another melee char and neither of us get the jump on the other.

It was a little different when i played my skald though. I could sometimes have great fights with a caster then.
I still remember the fight i had with Maeloch in Hadrian's over a year ago. Think both of us blew just about everything we had. He won, but it was a close one. It still annoys me that i didn't remember i had just respecced to AotG2. :)

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
only 1on1 fights against casters which is really seriously 100% lame is the sorcers RR5 and ML9 pet at once.. and when RR5 burns out and im not dead yet on champ MoC 3 gets fired too.. MoC alone can be survirved but not SoI+ML9

Everz

FH is my second home
screw 1v1, just go nuts, all the turds do is ra dump on you.. ahaha all scared of loosing to an rr2 ns.. welcome to the chanter world, beware xDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom