Tank RA's

K

Kharok Svark

I am about to Realm Respec, and wondered whether it was worth taking Purge, as well as Determination 3+

Obviously going FA2 / IP, Determination 3.

But need advice comments please about going for Determination 4 / Purge, or just Aug Dex 2, Master of Pain / Parry.

I am a Berserker BTW, but the Determination / Purge issue is one a few Tanks may have thought over.

K

klavrynd

i used to be anti acitve ra's but with 4 points, purge really is worth the hassle

mopain adds just a small overall damage increase but its allways nice.

with parry still being borked in rvr , i dont suggest getting moparry (tried it, it sucked in rvr, ruled in pve, but then again only pansies choose defence over damage ^^)

havent tried det 4 cos i dont have the points

G

Gallak

Not got it meself yet, and it'll cost me a lot more points, but the guarantee you get from a purge (+ the ability to get rid of poisons, diseases and ress sick if you're not scared of the timer, like in PvE) seems well worth it

A

AbPoon

Det 3 is a must, always on and cuts mezz and stuns (Apart from melee stuns) down very short.

Purge also although its on a 30 min timer is great for getting out of shield stuns and at 4points its a steal and for a berserker i'd recommend these ra's

Avoidence of magic, 3% on all your magic resists helps

Toughness, gets you about 40 more hp per lvl

mop, 5% more chance to crit handy as zerking in every fight just gets you killed

Master of parry, Costs 1 point if you have aug dex 2 for mop already, anyone who hasnt noticed the parry fix is doing something wrong or is still on the old 50 50 template.

Aug dex 2, pre req for mop and parry

Det3, stun/mezz timers down by 45%

Purge up every 30 mins and takes all status effects off

FA 2 pre req for ip and comes in handy

IP 100% insta heal

Aug quick 2 pre req for dodger

Dodger, 3% on your evade rate, handy but i'd get other stuff 1st

Aug con, worth it for one point, gives about 30 hp

Thats the main abilitys anyway, some people rate other stuff but most other stuff has limited use.

K

Kharok Svark

Thanks for the replies ;

I will go for FA2/IP/DET3/Purge/AOM in the respec.

I will work on rest over time.

K

Kagato.

Had the same issue myself, im not keen on active RA's, quickbar gets to cluttered as it is, but FA2/IP is a must so I respecced for it as well, but I went for Detirmination 4 as well as, as to my thinking, Det 3 used to cost 10 points, and now with the cheaper RA's Det 4 is only 2 extra levels cost, so 12 levels for Det 4 is reasonable. Purge, handy, but those 4 levels also get you half way to getting MoP 2 which I love.

Passively I like MoPain/Parrying and toughness, aug con/strength and AoM.

Users who are viewing this thread