Food Tandoori chicken

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Love Indian food but it is really hard to get tandoori chicken cooked at home 100% right. I have tried loads of recipes, pastes, rubs and marinades over the years but none came close to the real thing. Then last week in Marks and Spencer I found this stuff on offer...

Marks and Spencer Tandoori Paste 200g Jar Britstore

It was reduced to 99p a jar for the promotion and by god it fucking rocks. Mixed in with 250g of low fat natural yoghurt to form the marinade and then leaving the chicken (on bone) in the marinade for 24 hours the results were amazing. I might add, I cooked mine at 250c in my Halogen oven for 30 mins to give it that authentic Tandoor oven finish, it was amazing and the best bit is that I then used the marinade again for some diced chicken. The following day I cooked the whole lot including the marinade with some added chopped/blended tomato and garlic, it cooked up into a stunning Tandoori chicken masala. Lush and at 99p an absolute steal. Off to M&S tomorrow to grab a load more before the offer ends.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl did you also do a nice floral arrangement for the table?

I'm renaming you Delia and sending a coupon for tampax in the post; you should get it before your next cycle.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
rofl did you also do a nice floral arrangement for the table?

I'm renaming you Delia and sending a coupon for tampax in the post; you should get it before your next cycle.

No flowers unless they are edible, that is my rule. :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
tandoori chicken = chicken cooked in a tandoor.

maybe thats why pre made spice mixes aren't quite doing it.

trollface.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
tandoori chicken = chicken cooked in a tandoor.

maybe thats why pre made spice mixes aren't quite doing it.

trollface.jpg

As I said, cooking it in a halogen oven gives it a proper finish much like a tandoor oven, so you end up with small charred bits which add more to the flavour. Honestly, it was the best homemade Tandoori Chicken I have had by miles, as close to a good Indian restaurant as you well get without an actual tandoor oven. Next batch I do I will post pics.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Going for an Indian this Sunday.

Last Sunday had a massive craving for crispy duck.......*drool*.....boy, it was soooooooooo tasty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom