Talvin Singh

T

Tom

Pretty good musician, not sure if worth buying, but definitely worth looking at Secret Tear and OK, both good tracks.

W

What The

He's great if you're white and middle class and need a cd that you can whip out for other white middle class friends at dinner parties to show exactly how multicultural you are.

T

Tom

I couldn't care less about that, I just like the music.

I don't play Jean Michel Jarre to show my liking for the French.

S

Sir Frizz

What the fuck has class/skin colour got to do with anything?

Stuck in the early 19th century "What The"?

W

What The

It's a reference to the furor surrounding his Mecury Music Award.

Feel free to go back to the Linkin Park now Mr Frizz.

S

Sir Frizz

Linkin Park are as satanic as all the other generic rock/grunge/whatever groups out there.

:p

L

leggy

I'm sure it was Talvin who said "I don't mind who listens to my music as long as it isn't white kids"

:/

I read an interview from him in a new and shit music mag. It's that good I can't even remember the name.

T

Tom

Originally posted by What The
He's great if you're white and middle class and need a cd that you can whip out for other white middle class friends at dinner parties to show exactly how multicultural you are.

Actually, I find that statement quite offensive.

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Tom
Actually, I find that statement quite offensive.

Hmm, actually i see where "What The" is coming from now. With leggy's reference, i detect a hint of sarcasm Tom.

Mebes we was wrong m8's kekekeke :p~~~~~~

T

Tom

Sarcasm or not, its not particularly funny for somebody who hardly posts here to suggest that people only buy that music to impress others. I think its a stupid thing to say.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by Tom
Sarcasm or not, its not particularly funny for somebody who hardly posts here...

This is a local forum, for local people!

W

What The

Originally posted by Tom
Sarcasm or not, its not particularly funny for somebody who hardly posts here to suggest that people only buy that music to impress others. I think its a stupid thing to say.

Ah, my statement would have been funny if I had registered say 3 years ago? An enlightened poster I see.

R

Rekin

I think his point was that your statement might be alright with people you know, with strangers its downright offensive. I think most people understand that. You, obviously don't. Which by your reckoning, makes me quite within my rights to call you a fucking spaz. I'm not going to though.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Rekin
I think his point was that your statement might be alright with people you know, with strangers its downright offensive. I think most people understand that. You, obviously don't. Which by your reckoning, makes me quite within my rights to call you a fucking spaz. I'm not going to though.

Truly the most winnar post :D

W

What The

My statement is only offensive to people who know nothing about Talvin Singh. In the future I'll be sure to back up statements about artists, in their own threads, with hard evidence, otherwise, heavens above, some idiot will take offence.

C

Cdr

I didnt find it offensive.

R

Rekin

My statement is only offensive to people who know nothing about Talvin Singh. In the future I'll be sure to back up statements about artists, in their own threads, with hard evidence, otherwise, heavens above, some idiot will take offence.

You are here ----------------------->

The point is here ------------------------> .

T

Tom

Can't you just answer my post with comments about the quality of his music? Instead of blithering on about some kind of racial/class prejudice?

W

Will

I own OK and Ha, both are excellent albums. And yes, I am white and formerly middle class. In your face, Singh. ;)

M

maxi--

Whoever 'What The' is, he fucking rules.

I qualify this statement by saying, well, I agree with him about how idiots take offence pretty quick.

My point is, you can say something quite forward, and maybe even a little confrontational, and GUARENTEE that someone on here will take offence (whether it's aimed at them or not, whether, infact, thye have any fucking clue what they're talking about)

edited cos i can't be arsed.

E

Embattle

Has maxi-- found a friend....stay tuned and find out in the next exciting post of We Be Whale Lovers In England.

O

old.tRoG

Oooooooh! Let's start a flamewar! :eek:

Although, I don't think the offending post was very funny, or very offensive. Just in case you wanted to know. Oh, and to anyone who quotes that last sentence and says, simply, "No." - to you, I give the greatest comedic moment evAr award 2003.

Well done.

:hat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom