Talisman Training

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Just to reemphasise how lame salvaging/talisman making is - I was 2 days ahead of my son in playing the game. Since he started he took up cultivating/apothacary - his skill is already 3 times mine due to the much higher rate of drop of his items.
Salvaging on its own is insufficient to provide the nesessary items - you have to have scavaging as well - which we all know we cant do. The developers are going to have to change this else they will find that there is noone doing talisman making.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Just to reemphasise how lame salvaging/talisman making is - I was 2 days ahead of my son in playing the game. Since he started he took up cultivating/apothacary - his skill is already 3 times mine due to the much higher rate of drop of his items.
Salvaging on its own is insufficient to provide the nesessary items - you have to have scavaging as well - which we all know we cant do. The developers are going to have to change this else they will find that there is noone doing talisman making.

I just dont know how the imbalance between salvaging and cultivating made it through QA and beta.... obviously the profession lead in Mythic was playing wow or something....

:m00:

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I just dont know how the imbalance between salvaging and cultivating made it through QA and beta.... obviously the profession lead in Mythic was playing wow or something....

It would be helpful if there were some official furums where we could talk directly to them instead of hopping they will troll trough all the unoffical sites. Ok so there is a box you can send in comments to but you have no gaurentee that they have read the post. If there were some offical furums we could at least see them respond and make us aware that they are looking into the problem.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
It would be helpful if there were some official furums where we could talk directly to them instead of hopping they will troll trough all the unoffical sites. Ok so there is a box you can send in comments to but you have no gaurentee that they have read the post. If there were some offical furums we could at least see them respond and make us aware that they are looking into the problem.

Official forums are the main reason Warcraft became a steaming great pile of shit.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman making and Salvaging weren't implemented until very late and it shows in the imbalance.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman making and Salvaging weren't implemented until very late and it shows in the imbalance.

That does explain an aweful lot. Can somone please look at this issue and get it sorted?

logoth

Fledgling Freddie
remember they probably DONT want to have many talisman makers. you can always use potions, lots of them, but you need talismans only for some of you gear... once.

anyone know where we get better containers/golden essences?

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
remember they probably DONT want to have many talisman makers. you can always use potions, lots of them, but you need talismans only for some of you gear... once.

anyone know where we get better containers/golden essences?

Thats not strictly true as a talisman has a life expectancy from 5 hours to a couple of days - so they do need to be replaced fairly regualrly

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
Thats not strictly true as a talisman has a life expectancy from 5 hours to a couple of days - so they do need to be replaced fairly regualrly

I believe the better quality talismans are permanent though

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I believe the better quality talismans are permanent though

I think he means that you will get rid of talismans as you upgrade weapons and armour. You cannot remove them once fused to an item.

None of mine have been temporary, even the low quality ones.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I think he means that you will get rid of talismans as you upgrade weapons and armour. You cannot remove them once fused to an item.

None of mine have been temporary, even the low quality ones.

if you make a talisman especially a low level one, afterall your hard work of salavaging, they have a shelf life of about 8-24hours, after that the cease to exist. I have not managed toget anywhere nearthe good ones as i find it hard to skill up, these hopefully will be permanent.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahhh.... is that the 8h etc after the skill level? Did wonder what the hell that meant.

Oh well, I have always got rid of weapons and armour faster than the talisman goes.

I made my first "good quality" talisman yesterday, +2 strength, with no time limit on the end of it. I was level 19 talisman, and 30 odd salvaging. Got lucky in that I had some good quality ingredients that did not need level 25+ talisman making.

I am now level 24 talisman making, and I have 8 level 25+ fragments, 1 level 25+ gold core and one level 25+ curio. I have 4 or 5 level 25+ essence. Roll on good talisman times!

One thing about talisman making, it works fine, it is harder than the other trades, but can be very rewarding. You can buy uncommon items from renown merchants, and you get a lot from quests. The only things that are hard to come by are curios and gold (good quality). You need to trade for these or have a guild mate/ friend that does scavanging to compliment your skills.

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
Funny thing happened with me : The very first one I made was a blue talisman so I was like ok this looks very promising! Unfortunatly all the others I created after that point where utterly crap haha ... and to think I gave away that first one as I thought :" ok if the first one is this good the others will even be better!". Not :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom