Talisman Training

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hi All,

I just picked up Talisman Training as a craft. What 2nd craft is best to go with this? I cant craft anything at the moment and did not want to pick the wrong 2nd craft

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Hi All,

I just picked up Talisman Training as a craft. What 2nd craft is best to go with this? I cant craft anything at the moment and did not want to pick the wrong 2nd craft

you will need salvaging :)

:m00:

Kirini

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman requires things mainly from:
- Apocathary (which requires things from Cultivating and something else)
- Scavenging
- Salvaging

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
Im doing scavenging and getting lots of talisman items - 2 purples already, only started yesterday

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman requires things mainly from:
- Apocathary (which requires things from Cultivating and something else)
- Scavenging
- Salvaging

This is true but for each point of talisman you need a fragment which is only (as far as I can make out) got by Salvaging magical items. Whereas at least to begin with the talisman crafting items you get from other gathering professions can be bought from merchant (albeit lesser quality ones). Without a Salvager you can't make any progress on Talisman making at all.

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
Do any of you play dwarf, and can tell me where i pick up the talisman skill, cant seem to find the trainer ennywhere?????

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Do any of you play dwarf, and can tell me where i pick up the talisman skill, cant seem to find the trainer ennywhere?????

I don't play dwarf but the trainers are cunningly disguised on Destruction by being called Hedge Wizards - possibly same on Order?

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
I don't play dwarf but the trainers are cunningly disguised on Destruction by being called Hedge Wizards - possibly same on Order?

Dunno but i found it really quick wenn i played elf, but dwarf are knowen for their bad eyesight, maybe thats the problem:p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dunno but i found it really quick wenn i played elf, but dwarf are knowen for their bad eyesight, maybe thats the problem:p

Dwarves supposidly have good eyesight as they spend all their times under mountains mining.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

The trainers are all in or around redhammers pub.

The talisman trainer (hedge wizard) is inside the pub near the fireplace.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
hedge wizard!

bloody hell ive been looking all over for talisman trainer

I thought hedge wizard taught gardening or something

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
My big grumble about talisman making is that the drop rate fro salvaging is very low comapred to cultivating. For me the drop rate is something like 1 in 20

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman making is a nightmare, I'm rank 8 and haven't made anything yet. Can't seem to get any fragments. I'm seriously considering going salvage/scavenge to make some money and bin talismans altogether.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman making is a nightmare, I'm rank 8 and haven't made anything yet. Can't seem to get any fragments. I'm seriously considering going salvage/scavenge to make some money and bin talismans altogether.

To make a fragment you need to salvage a piece of armour or a weapon. Ive done it successfully most times. The critisism I have is because salvage drop is very low Iam using armour Ive jjust replaced to salvage. This has the up side of already possing it but the down side is that I cant sell it on to a merchant to make a little cash.

Oh the armour/weapon must be at least a green item

Tamron

Fledgling Freddie
I'm fucked then. Sod it, I'll go salv/scav and make shit loads of money to buy my bloody talismans.

As far as I know, you can't pick up two "gathering" skills. 1 gathering, 1 crafting only (or just 1 of them, but not 2 of the same kind).

pito

Loyal Freddie
yup talisman making sucks buty has great rewards i decided to train it and have been able to make some pretty nice talismans (is nice to be a BW at lvl9 with 1550 health) but it is a pain in the ass u see the problem starts when all fragmenst are gathered by salvaging this means u need to get green items minimum to destroy and get fragmenst from the second is that sicne salvaging is a gathering profession u cant pick scavagering(miss spell it i know) and in this profession u get all teh nice purple and really good curios that make the talisman stronger so i say they change it and aloow u to have atleast 2 gathering proffessions otherwise is just plain stupid cant get fragmenst with out salvaging and u cnat get curios witth out scavareging so wither way u are screwd

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
yup talisman making sucks buty has great rewards i decided to train it and have been able to make some pretty nice talismans (is nice to be a BW at lvl9 with 1550 health) but it is a pain in the ass u see the problem starts when all fragmenst are gathered by salvaging this means u need to get green items minimum to destroy and get fragmenst from the second is that sicne salvaging is a gathering profession u cant pick scavagering(miss spell it i know) and in this profession u get all teh nice purple and really good curios that make the talisman stronger so i say they change it and aloow u to have atleast 2 gathering proffessions otherwise is just plain stupid cant get fragmenst with out salvaging and u cnat get curios witth out scavareging so wither way u are screwd

Or you could get them from guild mates in exchange for making them talisman later, or take scavenging on an alt. It's not uncommon for MMO's to have some form of cross profession interdependence because it's a multi-player game :)

fetto1

Fledgling Freddie
i got talisman making , but i cant find the magical salveging anywhere , have been looking for ages , can someone plz tell me where i can find it

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i got talisman making , but i cant find the magical salveging anywhere , have been looking for ages , can someone plz tell me where i can find it

in the 2nd town/city you get to (the one after your starting location), look for the salvager. They will train you in magical salvaging.

fetto1

Fledgling Freddie
ahh now i got it ty for the info ppl =)
thught it was only "regular" salveging so i never tried it =P
ty again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom