Taking Keeps

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Having seen the many discussions on the main RvR boards, I've started wondering, how hard is it to take a keep ?

I've been leading a few low level raids, in an effort to one day have a character who has captured all the BG keeps. So far we've notched up capturing the first three BG keeps for Alb and Hib, and the first two for Mid.

One thing that's become apparent, particularly in the level 14 one, is that the lord is a tough kill. A full group attacking it and the lord will still resist all spells, even with petspam, and the lord will hit for about a 1/3 of a tank's hits each time they hit (cast bladeturn on the tank was how we got the kills in the end).

Does it get easier, or harder, in later BGs / Big boy rvr ?

Darzil

Poli

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Having seen the many discussions on the main RvR boards, I've started wondering, how hard is it to take a keep ?

I've been leading a few low level raids, in an effort to one day have a character who has captured all the BG keeps. So far we've notched up capturing the first three BG keeps for Alb and Hib, and the first two for Mid.

One thing that's become apparent, particularly in the level 14 one, is that the lord is a tough kill. A full group attacking it and the lord will still resist all spells, even with petspam, and the lord will hit for about a 1/3 of a tank's hits each time they hit (cast bladeturn on the tank was how we got the kills in the end).

Does it get easier, or harder, in later BGs / Big boy rvr ?

Darzil

yes! Well..I mean no! ofcourse not!... it means yes, well...

In the battlegrounds, as for "soloing" keeps with a grp, it should become easier, though harder because of enemy players in thid, leirvik and such. Big Boy RvR are prolly the toughest, because of enemies, not the actual guards, for a kitted out grp, that is...

Skidlee

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have been in duo/trio's and taken all the keeps thid to leir. It's all down to your tactics, and numbers ;)

Pally, reaver, and heretic have no problem all the way, but i have even taken leirvik with 3 infs and a bot.

In thid there are a few combinations that could take ck but most albs only know the zerg option.

All you need to know is the lord can only agro 1 person, so if that person runs away or out of LOS you will get hit by one arrow BUT whoever else you are with will be albe to stand there hitting till he gets agro, so he runs away, you come back and hit him. Rinse and repeat.

If thats to much bother, just using numbers you could use 1 pally and sorc plus healing pet on roof., takes a while but not a problem.

Necro's fully buffed from thid onwards take like 40% less damage than any tank, get a heretic damage shield (if necro is sight like mine) cast HoT on pet and heretic can use small heals.

Quite long otions but if mids/hib arent there you will get keep no problems.

Hibs have it the easiest, 2 animist and you have keep in 3 mins.
Mids could get a SC'd BD, damage shield with cave shamy and put pets on roof for same effect as sorc with healing pet.

Its all numbers, jarl can only hit you for capped damage on a 1H 3-3.5spd weapon healing pets could cover it, and if they are having hard time cave shammy could heal its not as though they need to heal for alot.

Hope thats of some help.

Just so you know I think the magic number to break to-hit code is about 16+ enemy so i hope you theurg has a BIG power pool ;)

EDIT: I was corrected by Shaz it was 3 infs, not the 2 I thought :)

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
If there are no defenders, This is extremly easy to take, all you need is one class that can heal and 1-2 tanks and you got it
With defenders its another story depending on what classes you use
an animist to keep the defenders away at lord helps.
I found shammys really nice for defending since a good dot can kill the not so good casters and atleast scare the tanks a lil:)

Toema

Fledgling Freddie
Theurg+Tank+cleric is a nice easy way to take the keep without defenders :)

Toxic

Loyal Freddie
mid: zerker, buffbot and healer
The buffbot gives endurance buff great for the zerker to smash off styles as well as dmg add and healer has pom.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like it gets easier on later keeps, then.

Two tanks and a healer certainly doesn't get close to working on the level 14 one. One tank, two bladeturn spammers, and one healer worked. As did one tank, one bladeturn spammer and three healers.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom