Taken

X

Xtro

Disappointing. Not enough of the flipping aliens and its supposed to be about them ffs :/

Y

Yaka

Originally posted by Xtro
Disappointing. Not enough of the flipping aliens and its supposed to be about them ffs :/

well having seen it all. its about the experiments the aliens did with WWII pilots family and the texan womans family over 3 generations. persnaly i think the series as whole is very good but last episodes the worst. series 2 is in the making i hear

B

bigfoot

/me nods in agreement with Yaka, thought it was very good but the last episode kind of felt like it was setting it up for the next series, even if that perhaps was not the intention.

C

.Cask

I really enjoyed it. A whole different take on the whole alien abduction theme. What really got my interested me was how there was very little reluctance in showing the aliens. Not like most of the films/series on the same theme where you have to watch 30 episodes to see a hand. Instead they got that right out at the start and left the story to develop.

I can't wait for the next installment.

Y

Yaka

i doubt the next installment will as epic-ie as series 1 was from the latter stages of WWII till the present day. and the 3 familys thru 3 generations was a class idea. would be nice to see the conclusion to it all. i am just hoping it dont go the same as V did ie class first series and total bollox after that.

C

.Cask

Hopefully they will concentrate more on the aliens in the next series, as I don't suppose many are watching it for the romances or family affairs.

And it'd be kind of dissapointing if there wasn't a minor interstellar war :D

E

Embattle

People were just expecting too much alien involvement.

D

dysfunction

Its very much like "The Third Wave" or whatever it was called.

So its not really all that original...

D

danger

On that kind of note does anyone remember some series that was on BBC ages ago called Invasion: Earth or something like that with some Aliens called ND's and some other Aliens... as far as I remember they left a cliff hanger at the end of the first series and never got around to making a second (or if they did I missed it)..... hmm it must of been 5+ years back now.... Anyone know what happened to it?

M

Munkey-

aye, and that tornado pilot.

Diddnt really watch it

D

danger

Yeah I've googled it and only found one site that merely said it was shite....

If I remember rightly I was 13 at the time watched practically every episode... yet I can barely remember what it was about.....

heh

Weren't there some other aliens that committed mass suicide for no apparent reason.... hmmm oh well when I remember certain fragments of it, it seems quite shit :)

U

Ukle

Originally posted by ^Danger
On that kind of note does anyone remember some series that was on BBC ages ago called Invasion: Earth or something like that with some Aliens called ND's and some other Aliens... as far as I remember they left a cliff hanger at the end of the first series and never got around to making a second (or if they did I missed it)..... hmm it must of been 5+ years back now.... Anyone know what happened to it?

Bizarrly watched the whole series a few weeks ago on Sci-fi channel think i must of been ill or something as just sat there and watched the whole series (think 6 hours in total). It was an alright mini-series, well it seemed alright at the time but as mentioned I think I must off been ill or something to be sitting in front of the telly for 6 hours solid. As for the ending there was not really a chance for a follow on as such as it ends with the human race losing as they discover the ND's exist in another Universe or some such and cant be killed.

Y

Yaka

this was on the beeb 1 at the time ?

i remeber the firet few eps which were ok the rest were a bit shite

O

old.milou

"I'm going to do some cutting now..." - I seem to remember that line from a certain scene in Wild Palms.

Y

Yaka

hmmmm wild palms aint the one that used to be on bbc 2 or was that called palm springs im getting confused :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom