Tailoring

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i have a few questions about tailoring.....

as this will be my first usefull crafter id like to know:

how do you guys craft?? do you sell the items back to the merchant or salavage them and use the materials again?

will i get to max tailoring in about 5p or so (dont have more to spend)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I used the skilling up guide on this site........... http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Crafting&file=tailoring , it was my 1st ever crafter though so i just followed the guide.

When skilling up i always just sell the items back to the merchant , easier and you get more for them than salvaging.

To get to 1100 tailoring cost me 3.4p , then about 600g to get woodwork and metalwork upto 1000 , easiest way to do that is to use the sub skills like armorcraft , weaponcraft and so on , anything that needs metal/wood to make will have a chance of giving you a point in it.

At 1000 metalwork/woodwork (and you should have atleast 1000 leatherworking/clothworking from skilling up tailoring by then) you will be able to salvage and trinket everything.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ty very much, very usefull info, and i can even look at other crafting info from that site allsso.

rep point for you

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Well 5Pshould get you very far, but, when you get LGM, if you gonna use your tailor for other then salvage bot then you will be needing more money to make some MP's, They can very in all from 1 try to 1000 trys, I would recomend This site for calculating your crafting costs when you make MP orders :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, im thinking of useing my tailor for mp orders allso, but im thinking of lvling AC after that.........

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
ohhh an ac'er is expensive to get... I spent around 25Plat or so to get mine up to 1145...

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
Best crafting method I can think of is do the crafting quests until you have enough tools to do 100 points at the % inc. Get good str and buffs if you can, load up on materials and then rent some good movies. Press the num key every once in a while, it is so exciting.. :)

And yea sell back when your inv full and repeat.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
My 2 cents about crafting (and i have done a fair bit of it)

Tailoring is by far the cheapest to skillup in, and from what i hear from other tailors (im not an activa tailor anymore) then there is a fair need for MP cloth.

When you skill up, then never ever salvage crafted items, only salvage loot.
And as someone else mentioned, when you get your tailor to 1000+ then get your subskills (metalworking, leatherworking, woodworking) up also (clothworking you will have leveled up while doing tailoring).
From 900+ in your subskills then you can salvage all materials, and from 1025 in subskills then you can trinket all at maximum speed (20 units at a time).

To get your metal and woodworking up then i would suggest that you did arrows from fletching (since they are stupidly cheep to skill up on), and leatherworking and whatever woodworking and metalworking you are missing do that on weaponcrafting/armourcrafting.

And remember that even if your tailoring is at 1000+ then you can still get points in subskills from fletching, WC, AC even if they are at a much lower skill, and even if your subskill is higher than your fletch/WC/AC then you can still gain skills in the subskills - only limit is that your subskills cant get above your tailoring, and fletch cant go above 75% of your tailoring, and WC/AC cant go above 40% of your tailoring (iirc).

When you get to 1000+ then you can skill up trying to get MP that you can sell for a profit on your CM, possibly making it free of cost from 1000+.
When you pass 1000 in skill then you get a 2% chance to make a MP, even if the item you are making con orange to you (in skill).

If you are making a 2nd. crafter then an AC'er is a good compliment to your tailor, since the AC'er needs stuff from a tailor to make chain/plate.
Though AC'ing is kinda expensive, but the 25p mentioned sounds over the top, atleast if you skill up on making orders from 1000+.

Only downside to tailoring/AC'ing is that it can take a fooking long time to fill an MP order.

I believe that the only really profitable crafter there is in the game atm is SC'er - its not that expensive to make an SC'er - around 15-20 P i would think, but its frustrating to have to craft that many gems to fill an order (4 gems for each piece of armour/weapon in the order).

But its nice to be your own crafter - you can always make your own gear then.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
imo...

When making MPs for the open market, ~match your prices to the market value (i.e whatever is on the ME's on both servers).
Remember u will hardly sell 99qua items so the most efficient is to just sell them back to vendors. Prices on 99qua is also almost the same as vendors pay for it, so its just taking up space in your inventory.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yep, really want to be able to do my own armor. mybe even roll a sc someday, dunno if i want to do a alch couse i have heard the astronomos (SP!) cost of it and the slow progress.

thx for the great input guys, really leart alot!

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Feyd said:
and from 1025 in subskills then you can trinket all at maximum speed (20 units at a time).
Oh I gues you never found out that it takes 92 seconds to make the 20 units at a time and takes 6 seconds to make 2 units at a time that makes your maximum speed 32 seconds slower then making 2 units at a time for each 20 units, thats 5 min 10 seconds slower for each 200 units....

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
Oh I gues you never found out that it takes 92 seconds to make the 20 units at a time and takes 6 seconds to make 2 units at a time that makes your maximum speed 32 seconds slower then making 2 units at a time for each 20 units, thats 5 min 10 seconds slower for each 200 units....

surely i have - and correction - it takes 72 sec to make 20 units, and 6 sec to make 2 units - making it 12 sec slower aye - but also alot less keypresses, so i can netsurf/read/ect. better.
The time loss is then actually only 2 min on a 200 stack of metal
Time you will often have lost doing the 2- units at a time anyway, because a) you forget to press the key, b) you are in the kitchen getting a drink, c) something else.

Also 2 more benefits from teh 20 units at a time
1) if you do the 20 units at a time then it will take up alot less space = you have to run to merchant less (actually it takes up 1/10 compared to the 2 units at a time). Infact it unly takes up the same amount of space as your metal did.
2) It weigh alot less also. If you take 1 stack of metal and trinket with 20 units at a time, then it will weigh less trinketed than it did as raw metal. Iirc then when you do the 2 units at a time then it will weigh more than the raw metal.

Those 2 put together gives you a 3nd benefit.
You can load your toon up with as much metal as he can carry, and then sit and trinket 20-units at a time for 1 long session, where as if you trinket 2-units at a time then you will have to watch your inventory to make sure the trinkets isnt just dropped on the floor, or have a BB or other toon ready to hold some of the trinkets when you want to move.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Feyd said:
surely i have - and correction - it takes 72 sec to make 20 units, and 6 sec to make 2 units - making it 12 sec slower aye - but also alot less keypresses, so i can netsurf/read/ect. better.
The time loss is then actually only 2 min on a 200 stack of metal.
gues your watch alot faster then mine then... cause I use 92 seconds on each 20...
Feyd said:
Time you will often have lost doing the 2- units at a time anyway, because a) you forget to press the key, b) you are in the kitchen getting a drink, c) something else.
Depends if you actually learn to use your sound on your computer then you can press the button when it says ding... also if you have to walk to the kitchen etc all the time when trinketing then you'll prolly waste more time making the 20 boxes unless you really fast.... cause of the extra time it takes...
Feyd said:
Also 2 more benefits from teh 20 units at a time
1) if you do the 20 units at a time then it will take up alot less space = you have to run to merchant less (actually it takes up 1/10 compared to the 2 units at a time). Infact it unly takes up the same amount of space as your metal did.
2) It weigh alot less also. If you take 1 stack of metal and trinket with 20 units at a time, then it will weigh less trinketed than it did as raw metal. Iirc then when you do the 2 units at a time then it will weigh more than the raw metal.

Those 2 put together gives you a 3nd benefit.
You can load your toon up with as much metal as he can carry, and then sit and trinket 20-units at a time for 1 long session, where as if you trinket 2-units at a time then you will have to watch your inventory to make sure the trinkets isnt just dropped on the floor, or have a BB or other toon ready to hold some of the trinkets when you want to move.
Yep so true, but I think that the most people who have that extra time is the people using crafting tools in the form of macro programs and others that is against the Coc, I know I could surely use my time on other stuff then waiting an extra 32 seconds each 20 units I make...

If I can make 1P in 1 hour pressing my button 100 times or make the exact same plat in 1½hour by pressing my button 10 times, well time is money... that makes my profit lower by pressing button less time, but spares my keyboard the extra pushes, but in 3 hours making hinges I make 3plat and making jewlery boxes I would only make 2P...

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Feyd said:
and from 1025 in subskills then you can trinket all at maximum speed (20 units at a time).
Dimmer said:
it takes 92 seconds to make the 20 units at a time and takes 6 seconds to make 2 units at a time that makes your maximum speed 32 seconds slower then making 2 units at a time for each 20 units, thats 5 min 10 seconds slower for each 200 units....
but this was my whole point... maximum speed is NOT!!!! 20 each time

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
gues your watch alot faster then mine then... cause I use 92 seconds on each 20...
On asterite its 72 sec - im very very sure on that. Dunno what the time is on arcanium, could be 92, but sounds a bit high still.
But dont trust me - try and time it yourself again.

Dimmer said:
Depends if you actually learn to use your sound on your computer then you can press the button when it says ding... also if you have to walk to the kitchen etc all the time when trinketing then you'll prolly waste more time making the 20 boxes unless you really fast.... cause of the extra time it takes...
Have you tried to alt-tab away from DAoC - it doesnt say a sound then.

Dimmer said:
Yep so true, but I think that the most people who have that extra time is the people using crafting tools in the form of macro programs and others that is against the Coc, I know I could surely use my time on other stuff then waiting an extra 32 seconds each 20 units I make...
I would belive that the ppl who use the small trinkets is the macro ppl - i would go nuts if i had to press a key every 6 sec.

Dimmer said:
If I can make 1P in 1 hour pressing my button 100 times or make the exact same plat in 1½hour by pressing my button 10 times, well time is money... that makes my profit lower by pressing button less time, but spares my keyboard the extra pushes, but in 3 hours making hinges I make 3plat and making jewlery boxes I would only make 2P...
Well - to use correct figures
Using small trinkets
1 hour = 600 keypresses = 1.200 asterite trinketed = 2.682,72 gp sell value (not profit if you bought the seals)
Using big trinkets = 50 keypresses = 1.000 asterite trinketed = 2.235,60 gp sell value.

When i trinket, then i would clearly prefere to only get interupted 50 times an hour than 600 times an hour -though sacrificing 447,12 gp sellback value an hour

on a side note - when i trinket i do 2 or 3 accounts at a time - and then its clearly an advantage to use the 20 - else you spend all the time pressing differnt keyboards/mouses.

Edit: btw look at my sig - i think i know how to trinket - how do you think i have financed all that?

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
but this was my whole point... maximum speed is NOT!!!! 20 each time
ok
you missed my point then - and i could have worded it better

at 1025 you can
1) Trinket all at max speed - all trinket being grey (agree?)
2) Trinket 20 at a time at max speed - the 20 unit trinket being grey (agree?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom