Tailoring Q

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've got 1006 Tailoring and 6 plat. I've started making Tempered Starklaeder Boots to skill up on (update: finally made 1007 after about 20 successful makes :)) But despite them being orange to me most of them have been 97, 98 or 99 % qua. How come I can make these on oranges ? Can I expect a MP too ?

Cheers, :)

confused-Wij.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
After u ding 1000 i think u can do MP parts of everything.

If you are under 1000 i think you can only do MP on grey things... or was it yellow and under? can remember.

Correct me if im wrong :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Aha :) Thought that might be it. Below 1000 I had to wait till it was yellow before I could make 97-MP though I usually waited till grey for double speed :)

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
Aha :) Thought that might be it. Below 1000 I had to wait till it was yellow before I could make 97-MP though I usually waited till grey for double speed :)
Never ever had a MP on anything until it was grey(well untill LGM that is)
needed it to be yellow before 99 though, you sure you can get MP on yellows before you turn lgm?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Grebneklaf said:
Never ever had a MP on anything until it was grey(well untill LGM that is)
needed it to be yellow before 99 though, you sure you can get MP on yellows before you turn lgm?

My experience is roughly that if you have a 2% chance to make a MP, you need to be within 1 point of it going grey (2 - 1).

To make a 99%, you need to be within 18 points of it going grey (16.33%+2% change = 18.33 - 1, rounded up).

To make a 98%, within 34 points of grey (16.33%+16.33%+2% = 34.66 -1).

To make a 97%, within 50 points of grey (16.33%+16.33%+16.33%+2% = 51-1) - ie. green, blue or yellow

And so on.

I've not checked it in detail, but my experience of trying to make stuff not quite grey certainly indicates it's pretty much like this for 99% and MP at least. These results are quite close to the colour ranges, but not exactly the same. Large studies are hard, though, as your skill level tends to change whilst making stuff that isn't grey. Only non grey MP I made was on 64 siegecrafting, one of 200 or so pieces of siege ammo I made before getting that final point. That suggested to me that making MP on last point of green was possible, but probably a smaller than 2% chance. I certainly tried lots of makes once on an item that had just turned green, and it wasn't until I'd gained a few points (on 100+ makes) that I made my first 99%.

Darzil

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
The technical explanation:

When you ding 1000+ skill (LGM) you get the same probability table on any item as you previously did on grey items only. So if you are skilling on yellows/orange as a LGM crafter, you get the same amount of 99%s and MPs as when you made BG1 weapons on 900 skill. Con no longer matters when it comes to the quality outcome of the product, it only determines the speed it takes to finish an item, and of course the chance of skilling up.

As someone else pointed out, there is 2% chance for MP, which gives 98 percent divided by the 6 qualities left = 98/6 = 16% chance of 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99% qual. For practical needs you can translate that to ca 1/6th chance. That only applies in the long run, ofc, but still. When calculating prices, or estimating cost when doing craft-until-you-get-the-qual-the-customer-wants crafting, I am using 6 or 7 retries as a benchmark.

I think the idea is that LGM crafters face an expensive path, and getting 99%s and MPs along the way is nice to sell off to make it a bit less expensive. Being a WC like me it really helped (along with stlong guild funding) but as a tailor it won't matter much in the long run ^^

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Darzil said:
My experience is roughly that if you have a 2% chance to make a MP, you need to be within 1 point of it going grey (2 - 1).

To make a 99%, you need to be within 18 points of it going grey (16.33%+2% change = 18.33 - 1, rounded up).

To make a 98%, within 34 points of grey (16.33%+16.33%+2% = 34.66 -1).

To make a 97%, within 50 points of grey (16.33%+16.33%+16.33%+2% = 51-1) - ie. green, blue or yellow

And so on.

I've not checked it in detail, but my experience of trying to make stuff not quite grey certainly indicates it's pretty much like this for 99% and MP at least. These results are quite close to the colour ranges, but not exactly the same. Large studies are hard, though, as your skill level tends to change whilst making stuff that isn't grey. Only non grey MP I made was on 64 siegecrafting, one of 200 or so pieces of siege ammo I made before getting that final point. That suggested to me that making MP on last point of green was possible, but probably a smaller than 2% chance. I certainly tried lots of makes once on an item that had just turned green, and it wasn't until I'd gained a few points (on 100+ makes) that I made my first 99%.

Darzil

I'm pretty sure I've had MP and 99% before items were grey. (Before I dinged 1000 of course.)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Affrinard said:
You can't get an MP on non-gray items pre-LGM skill.

Oh. Must have been a dream :(

I'm 1100 now btw. Bit more farming and it's back to Hagall :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
heh pretty much already been said by klonk and darzil tbh.. after 1000.. its when u hit the mp mark u get mp's more often. thats the key.

you have go through the mental stuff of 600-800.. and the money thing of 800+ to 1k.. i wouldnt worry about it tbh. hard work is done now :D home straight! mp's are a bonus when skilling from 1k+.. can sell them.. even the 99% stuff.. but like the lads said above.. its all about the 1k marker. after that. quality goes a bit nuts.. in a good way though :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
oh btw!! you have been topping up your other skills like MW and WW in meantime yes? VERY important! stupid question to a 1k+ tailor i know but this is in a certain thread ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes, I have MW and WW at 1000 :)

*not daft*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom