tactics on beating the hibs

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
so say hyperthetically I had a brother who was playing on Hib and I was going to meet him in Thid to kick his behind

and I was a Skald and he was an Eldritch...

what would you do to get the upper hand??

what tactics would you use??

ok... so it's not so hyperthetical...

but kicking his behind would still be great :twak:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Mez his pet, Snare him - use your DD's to interupt if he tries to let off a cast before your on top of him.

Tell him when he gets to Luri hell to say Archeon sent him, i'm only 4 souls away from the car ;)

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
LOLOL

Tell him when he gets to Luri hell to say Archeon sent him, i'm only 4 souls away from the car ;)

Will do :D

I have one question though and that was the ground target aoe and root, what are the chances of him getting one of these off??

I'll post how well I killed him ater the event ;)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Archeon said:
Mez his pet, Snare him - use your DD's to interupt if he tries to let off a cast before your on top of him.

Eld's don't get pets xD

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
Gah!! :eek6: ... no pets...ok then so what do I do then?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
as soon as your see him dd/shout him with both. Cast your damage add song. Mezz him, get behind him, wait for shouts to be able to cast again. Shout him with both then start smaking him. Should be in your favour, if he starts to cast, it will be a quickcast stun, run through him and re-stick him, giving him no line of sight, screwing up his cast.

You should win

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
now thats cracking tacktics.. didn't even think about running through him :D

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Aoami said:
Eld's don't get pets xD

Ahh, my bad - was thinking of the other type of hib caster. Whatever the hell their called :D

Still the pet bit aside that tactic could in theory be used to drop any caster - the only problem would be bolts and range, you'd probably need to get the drop on him first. My RC runie in Thid could knock out most heros/arms with 2 bolts and then 2 DD's after that assuming i didn't crit any of them. And that was before bolts got overhauled.

As for GTAE stuff, i wouldn't worry about that too much. First he'd have to setup the ground target, then cast the spell. All in all not as practical as just blasting away. But yeah, don't let him stun you or your f00ked

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
u should dd him hit him 1 time to break the bladeturn then mezz and w8 for dds again

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
DD won't break bladeturn (Edit: doh misread post above...)

As soon as he starts casting, DD him once, run towards him with your weapon out - if he starts casting again DD him again, by this time you should be in range - if your weapon is out you will have hit him unstyled as soon as you've reached him - mezz him immediately afterwards - hopefully you will have mezzed him before he has finishing quickcasting.

Then wait for DDs to come back, get behind him and smack him one...or as many as it takes ;)

If he tries casting (which undoubtedly he'll do) strafe, run through him, whatever, just make sure he can't see you.

Continue hitting until he's dead :)

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
When you see him from distance, change speed song to dmg add and go to battle mode, then run towards him yelling bad things and whack with whatever you're using, u can do it!1

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
unless you totally fuck up you can´t rly lose with a skald vs a mage in bg1

just dd him and smack him and when you see him qc stun you mezz him then wait until dd´s are up again then dd him and smack him at same time. he should be dead right now if not you still got your snare for another interupt

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on his spec... and if you meet him solo :) Elds do MUCH better in a group, since they have no pet. If he's void spec, then he'll be deadly at long range with bolts like a fire wizard. If he's mana spec, he'll debuff your strength and movement into the ground with a variety of debuff instas, disease, snare nukes... and he will be able to pbaoe, so may decide to go close combat and let the healers sweat a bit :) All elds get a baseline bolt and stun among other things too.

Here's their spell list if you want to behold the sickness.

Silenzio

Fledgling Freddie
use ur snare shout cuz have longer range... interrupt him and keep speed up...

so u will interrupt his first cast... and get near enough to dd ov even 2 melee... than
brake bt mez go for positional rest is easy if u dont do weird ;P

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Dev1l said:
tactics on beating the hibs
Radar really helps, and dont forgot to abuse window dragging to the max! Even better get a GM account and give yourself infinite HP.

PM Lethul for links to all of the above

Slu

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Radar really helps, and dont forgot to abuse window dragging to the max! Even better get a GM account and give yourself infinite HP.

PM Lethul for links to all of the above

:D :D

As usual Rulke has the best answers! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom