System Restore (XP)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
If you have set it to off make sure it is actually off etc.

Just found out the reason why i have no space is that I have two copies of my entire HD in my "system restore" folder >_<

Deleting them now, hopefully it work muck up the pc

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It uses a max of 12% of your hard drive, so how it has two entire copies of your drive -- considering it only backs up certain files -- is mind boggling.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I guess it's some sort of differential backup + archiving - lots of system files are just lines of code which compress rather nicely.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Sorry

"System Rollback Data"

it was using 69.7GB odd of my 115GB partition :eek:

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I guess it's some sort of differential backup + archiving - lots of system files are just lines of code which compress rather nicely.

It was file for file, its ok tho I managed to rescue some videos and pictures i thought I had lost ;)

So counting the system rollback thing, I had 5 copies of my DAOC folder on my pc :p (3 from the orginal copy of my HD when i had several clients, 1 from the "current" one and one actual copy I use :p)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I've never even heard of that folder. 99.9% sure that it isn't anything to do with Windows XP.

Get fax straight b4 posting etc.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I've never even heard of that folder. 99.9% sure that it isn't anything to do with Windows XP.

Get fax straight b4 posting etc.

Um a quick google would show you it is. Its just hidden due to being a system file

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Um a quick google would show you it is. Its just hidden due to being a system file

System Restore stuff is stored in "System Volume Information". A quick google would tell you that.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Apparently its the system restore point for vista.....

Also my XP is showing up as Vista to linux....

WHY do I suspect that this has something to do with windows update

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Just a random thought but you don't have roxio go back installed by any chance ?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Just a random thought but you don't have roxio go back installed by any chance ?

There is a folder called that in program files, came with the laptop, never seen any evidence of it being installed tho.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Just Roxio Go Back uses that folder name structure to store its backups and was a pain in my neck for a few days a couple of weeks back on a HP laptop. Might want to check that didn't cause the problem as removing the folder isn't enougth if it is Roxio. It will just start again.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Just Roxio Go Back uses that folder name structure to store its backups and was a pain in my neck for a few days a couple of weeks back on a HP laptop. Might want to check that didn't cause the problem as removing the folder isn't enougth if it is Roxio. It will just start again.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom