SWTOR subscriber numbers are in

Soazak

Part of the furniture
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...active-star-wars-the-old-republic-subscribers

1.7mil active subscribers
2 million sales

not sure what to think here, on the one part 1.7mil is more than enough to keep a game afloat on the other hand losing 300,000 subscribers in the frist month of the games life should send alarm bells ringing.

That's pretty good tbh, all MMOs lose a bunch of players after the free month, as no game will ever please everyone. It seems to be keeping a lot more people than Rift/War/Aion/AoC/all the other shit MMOs that have been released in recent years.

Will be more interesting to see it again in a few months, to see if they actually make an effort with PvP, if not I can see a lot of people leaving..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Quite a few player have left pending further content for L50's. Still not bad numbers at all. IMO it is very early days for SWTOR and the big test comes now and over the next 6 months. They have to develop L50 content quickly with decent RvR that has some limits numbers wise. I would hate to see more instanced PvP, gets boring doing the same settings over and over.

My wish would be for open RvR battling over several neutral worlds. Each world with 5 citadels, own all five to take the planet. Capturing zones and gates to get to the citadels. Spawn/speeder capture points etc. Each world captured would have space stations to capture as well. Would be nice to fly with a guild squadron for epic space battles. Capturing docking areas and fighting way through a space station. Once captured opening a gateway to the planet with drop ships. That would be some cool shit!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Better then any other MMO to date, i'd call that a success and "enough" :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, that's far better results than any other MMO to date*. I would wait 6 months and see then. Whether they deliver content or not.

*excluding WoW ofc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, that's far better results than any other MMO to date*. I would wait 6 months and see then. Whether they deliver content or not.

*excluding WoW ofc.

Including wow even, it took a while for wow to reach 2mil.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but before WoW there were hardly any MMO players about. I mean modern MMOs in the last few years, all of which have fallen flat on their face within the first month.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
It should be noted that the figure of 1.7 million active subscribers includes people who are still in their free month. There's not 1.7 million paying subscribers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think there will be a more accurate number count in late feb, there is bound to be people who stopped playing but have active subs still so.

rynnor

Rockhound
I look at the site that shows contiguous logins - interestingly there hasnt been a big dropoff from the free month which was very obvious in games like Rift/WAR etc.

I still dont think its broken even yet - 120 million dollars of box sales but the retailers will nick half of that - they need about 10 million subscriber months to break even.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, but it's still not low numbers.

6 months should tell the story, as always.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Those numbers seem like a solid start to me, but as above, numbers at launch don't mean as much as numbers in 6 months.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not going to delve in to the report but the 2 million sales 1.7m active subscribers was an operating highlight from their Q3 financial report which ended on 31st Dec. So it may tell us even less about drop off. I.e. 15% of purchasers haven't even activated yet, let alone stopped playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom