SWToR: Allies and Adversaries

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ancient Shadows are going Sith.

We've got The Unforgiven tagged as allies and hoping some more of the old school DAoC peeps may be showing up for a fight.

I noticed Phoenix Legion will make an appearance so naturally have immediately tagged them as adversaries :D

If anyone is up for a rumble, you can tag us as allies or adversaries at Ancient Shadows | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Have any other folks got such plans for launch?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd like to join a FH guild/clan/whatnot, but i can't say which server im going for yet so that kind of limits my options :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yea difficult to say really, hopefully there will be one server that a lot of FH ppl goto. Also have not really decided which side to play tbh, that probably depends on rl friends too

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
my guild mystical awakening from war and a few ex celtic fist peeps are playing republic

Aada

Part of the furniture
Will be going Republic also would love to join a guild from here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i'm going bountyhunter as i did in SW:G, so don't have much of a choice :p

They should've made a third faction of neutrals, with smugglers and BH etc.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Aye, I'd have liked a third faction but didn't really expect one given that its largely a 2-sided story anyway, with other factions such as the Hutts etc being relatively minor.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
had 4 guildies in the beta
none of them were still playing it 3 days later, and i quote "its a massive fucking dissapointment, its like WoW-lite, but worse"

-if- we get a guild beta, might give it a go, but i seriously doubt its going to be any good, sadly, i think its going to fall in the WAR hole :- "zomg its *insert favourite IP here*, i must buy it", 3 days later, your bored of it

so , not planning on getting it atm :D

and i await the usual people with the usual "no balance, no content, shit pvp, blah blah" threads i expect to see by the dozen , on here, before the new year :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Interesting. All the feedback I've had from people is that its really good.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
I think ppl who say it is really good are massive Star wars fans and are blinded from the fact its just like anything else out there. I was blinded at WAR then realised it did suck and it wasnt working as well as daoc did.
I have been reading that some ppl say it wasnt any good in beta and that Rift was a better game in beta then what swtor was, but others are saying its amazing.
Personally i wanted space combat from the start and im still not convinced that another 2 side pvp/pve game will work you will always have the same problems that other games will have and thats balance.
Having said this i am a big Star Wars fan so i'll probably end up trying it but i might delay til March time and see whats happens unless GW2 comes out and with that being free to play it works alot better for me atm.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll make my own mind up if I like the game I have it preordered and if its shit fine but I wanna try it out even if it will only last me the first month.

It will probably me my final MMO as everything since WOW has just been massive pile of shit, don't fuck it up Bioware.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
had 4 guildies in the beta
none of them were still playing it 3 days later, and i quote "its a massive fucking dissapointment, its like WoW-lite, but worse"
To me, the whole term "WoW-lite, but worse" smells of emotionally-driven opinion, rather than a neutral perspective. I could be wrong.

Onto the subject of your post, and I enjoyed WoW very much. Looking at the list of features, I can't see how SWTOR is 'lite'r than WoW was, but I haven't played the beta.

Mabs said:
-if- we get a guild beta, might give it a go, but i seriously doubt its going to be any good, sadly, i think its going to fall in the WAR hole

I enjoyed WAR very much indeed (but I played long after release), I just felt that the awful paid expansions were pathetic and the company had no money to even balance the classes.

I would not be completely disappointed if it was up to WAR's standard when I was playing (end of 2010), and I'm more than happy that WAR devs work on the PvP aspects of SWTOR.

Mabs said:
and i await the usual people with the usual "no balance, no content, shit pvp, blah blah" threads i expect to see by the dozen , on here, before the new year :)
Those are inevitable, even if it's perfect. In fact, and not to prejudge, but I wouldn't be surprised to see your own posts among them.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I'll make my own mind up if I like the game I have it preordered and if its shit fine but I wanna try it out even if it will only last me the first month.

thats what i use a beta for ;)

if i dont get a beta, i wont get it on release, period

as i said, i havent personally seen it, but everything ive heard has been negative or very.. neutral, absolutely noone was hooting about it, which is usually a bad sign

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't usually do betas anymore as I find day one they have a huge patch that changes a lot of things anyway.

And I enjoy that launch day feel.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yea I personally avoid betas nowadays, I always play it expecting it to be perfect and end up making my judgements on the game based on the beta, rather than the released product.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
As i dont avoid betas ;p if you want to send me a beta key i will love you big time :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hmm, its looking like there's a very small limit on the number of guilds you can have as allies and adversaries :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Old school TU, aye. Not entirely sure who is making the move to SWTOR from their bunch as not chatted to Koveras for a wee while.

Sneakybollox

Fledgling Freddie
Alot of former Prydwen and Excal players have formed Rule of One, will be playing Sith on a PvP server. New recruits definately welcome, numbers are currently 46 and growing.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Aesir's Blade (very old school Mid/Excal with a lot of great guys) are going Empire PvE. Allies/Adversaries/Members from FH welcome :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
no clue what faction to play tbh, I know i'll play either a jedi consular or a sith inquis tho / healer.

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
(Hi Nigthchill!)
Aesir's Blade used to play togetehr mnay years ago in SWG under the name NSA. Homebase was on the planet Lok.
I think we've pretty much stayed in touch over the years and various games, but if you've not signed up yet ... www.aesirsblade.co.uk

Agrivia (aka Ceddwen, Ky'ra)

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, and WAR too, and a fair few other games. I was just listing the origin :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
I definately will need to join a nice group of people. Just cant decide which way I am going... thinking fo going stealthy saber crazy bugger for first character for a change.... normally play the good guy and avoid stealth characters so it would be a change and I reckon I could adapt the playstyle to my liking easily. The tanking with them probably be fun I am thinking.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i'm considering a none jedi tbh, thinking about it there will be nothing but jedi :p stands to reason most guilds will be looking for none jedi purely because of the jedi numbers.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
My WAR guild Kill Frenzy will be splitting into two for the release of this, Kill Frenzy will be forming a guild as Siths on a PvP server and Syndicate our newly created Republic guild will also be rolling pvp.

Hopefully we will cross your path Roo!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom