Swordmaster Stances and Crowd Control reactions

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I sincerly dunno if it boils down to my laptop not being the overall best possible piece of HW to run the game or, as it seems to me, the infamous Disorient bug which sets back melee styles and "locks" the timer bar at 1 second.
Anyway yesterday i was out at late night searching for some 1 vs 1 to get my reactions back in the Gimpmaster and i ran in a Chosen and had some multiple fights with a Marauder.
The Chosen fight was a nightmare (he had Corrupting Horror i guess up) i think i managed to finish off 1 cycle from Normal -> Improved -> Perfect Balance cause i shattered the enchant, the rest of the fight, invariably, my Gimpo remained locked in the middle of the action, with the bar at 1s filled and all the buttons greyed out, with me only able to move around.
Against the Marauder i had 8 fights, in the 7 in which he used Thunderous Blow (even tho to a minor extent) same result (ofc when i wasn't disarmed xD) and bad loss.
I tried to frantically keep bashing the supposed to be lit and ready abilities (not the same one ofc) and the Combat log had a long thoery of Ability Not Ready Yet spam.
Bit frustrating to say the least.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm sure if you manage to find me 1v1 you'll feel good about yourself pretty quick.

Oh wait. Wrong server ;)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
This is a problem i've had on the SM. The stance often resets to the starting stance when disarmed, interrupted or knockdowned. Often disorient will trip it.

In terms of dps, I seem to put out 40-50% less dps on average (as being Khaine spec a sizeable amount of my dps comes from 2nd and 3rd stance attacks).

In my opinion, the SM balance mechanic needs revision full stop as we suffer more than any other class from disarms/knockdowns due to this.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
In my opinion, the SM balance mechanic needs revision full stop as we suffer more than any other class from disarms/knockdowns due to this.

Do you now :twak:

The stance reset bug is annoying but happens less often on my Black Orc than it seems to for the above posters.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
The Balance/Plan mechanic has it's fair share of problems and at times seems like more of a hindrance than anything else, in fairness most of the stance resetting bugs I suffered were fixed a few patches ago, if the above posters are indeed suffering as many problem as they claim then I would encourage them to send in feedback reports and get a few threads up in the class section over on Warhammer alliance for a more direct chance of getting some confirmation from Mythic.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
If the patch notes that were knocking about wernt fake then we will soon see a end to disorient in melee as it will be a % of cast time and since melee is insta it will be immune.

Crosses fingers :)

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
If the patch notes that were knocking about wernt fake then we will soon see a end to disorient in melee as it will be a % of cast time and since melee is insta it will be immune.

Crosses fingers :)

Personally I'm more interested in the normalisation of armour penetration, but the cc that mostly fraks over the stance system is Disarms and knock-downs.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
This is a problem i've had on the SM. The stance often resets to the starting stance when disarmed, interrupted or knockdowned. Often disorient will trip it.

Yes, I totally agree. It's wholly unacceptable that when a class which relies on balance is stunned or knocked down, it should have to regain it's balance before it can pull off it's most damaging moves.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Do you now :twak:

The stance reset bug is annoying but happens less often on my Black Orc than it seems to for the above posters.

Should have included BO's in that but wasn't thinking after a long day!

Yes, I totally agree. It's wholly unacceptable that when a class which relies on balance is stunned or knocked down, it should have to regain it's balance before it can pull off it's most damaging moves.

Ignoring your slightly snide tone and facetious logic there,the base point is this: black orcs and swordmasters suffer more than any other class from knockdown/stun in terms of loss of dps/utility.

A BW/Sorc can be nuking at full power the second they're up/unstunned again, a shaman/rp/zealot etc can be healing at full strength, a marauder/wl can be hitting for full damage. We have to wait at least 3 (+ the stun/knockdown 2-3 seconds making 5-6 seconds in all) seconds to get back to where we were before, and have lost a good chunk of our dps in doing so.

Edit: This often becomes 10+ seconds with the ability/recovery/gc lag in big sieges, making it very difficult to get off a full chain.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Should have included BO's in that but wasn't thinking after a long day!

Ignoring your slightly snide tone and facetious logic there,the base point is this: black orcs and swordmasters suffer more than any other class from knockdown/stun in terms of loss of dps/utility.

A BW/Sorc can be nuking at full power the second they're up/unstunned again, a shaman/rp/zealot etc can be healing at full strength, a marauder/wl can be hitting for full damage. We have to wait at least 3 (+ the stun/knockdown 2-3 seconds making 5-6 seconds in all) seconds to get back to where we were before, and have lost a good chunk of our dps in doing so.

Edit: This often becomes 10+ seconds with the ability/recovery/gc lag in big sieges, making it very difficult to get off a full chain.

Apart the dps loss there's also the CC defensive mechanic which get screwed in the process since we are stuck with the KB in 3rd spot in chain and ... oh wait we got only that :p

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Apart the dps loss there's also the CC defensive mechanic which get screwed in the process since we are stuck with the KB in 3rd spot in chain and ... oh wait we got only that :p

Don't SM get a root/snare as well?

I'm sure I've been stunned or rooted by a SM in fights before now.

personally I think that Borcs and SM should have options which make them harder to disrupt than other tanks as it would fit with their mechanic better.

For instance. A Borc should be harder to knockdown due to his size whereas a SM would be harder to knockdown because of their innate agility. That works fluffwise and keeps knockdowns/disarms being effective without unduly punishing those classes for the mechanics they use.

I'm also looking forwards to the day when Disorientates are more equal. I don't want to see my class nerfed (Marauder is my class of choice) but I do want to see the game be a bit more fun to play. if I have to sacrifice my stacking disorientates to remove the Disabled/Disarmed/Stunned/Knockdown/Death that happens regularly now I feel it's a small price to pay.

Immunities aren't working properly atm. I'd like to see those fixed first then review where classes like SM are with chains being reset and DPS loss.

M

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Don't SM get a root/snare as well?

I'm sure I've been stunned or rooted by a SM in fights before now.

personally I think that Borcs and SM should have options which make them harder to disrupt than other tanks as it would fit with their mechanic better.

For instance. A Borc should be harder to knockdown due to his size whereas a SM would be harder to knockdown because of their innate agility. That works fluffwise and keeps knockdowns/disarms being effective without unduly punishing those classes for the mechanics they use.

I'm also looking forwards to the day when Disorientates are more equal. I don't want to see my class nerfed (Marauder is my class of choice) but I do want to see the game be a bit more fun to play. if I have to sacrifice my stacking disorientates to remove the Disabled/Disarmed/Stunned/Knockdown/Death that happens regularly now I feel it's a small price to pay.

Immunities aren't working properly atm. I'd like to see those fixed first then review where classes like SM are with chains being reset and DPS loss.

M

Yeh aoe root also, you are right :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, the snare isn't worth a damn though unless you spec for Quick Incision to add a dot to it, as it's base damage is pathetic.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Yeah, the snare isn't worth a damn though unless you spec for Quick Incision to add a dot to it, as it's base damage is pathetic.

I think the prime use of a snare is to make sure the enemy cant get out of melee range. The amount of damage should be of lower importance.

However I agree that SMs/BOs suffer the hardest from disorients and knockdowns in their current form. I dont know if that should be changed since I like the idea of "counterclasses". Of course I agree that if that idea is widely accepted as a concept, it should be balanced out over all the classes.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the prime use of a snare is to make sure the enemy cant get out of melee range. The amount of damage should be of lower importance.
While that's true, the snare used to do a lot more damage back when it was still a DoT. Now its damage is almost lower than even the lowest auto attack you can get.

Danita

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom