Sword specced hunter ?

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Just ask yourself this: "Does thanes work?"

... and you'll hopefully answer: "yes, but far from optimal" ;p

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
probably will, but why ? spear has more styles including a back position stun and u can choose thrust or slash

Lendamos

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone that had tried sword spec on hunter ?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
str based weapskill hurts you, because
1) your str is lower than str+dex / 2 most of the time
2) assassins enervate you and you lose half of that even alraedy sucky ws
3) you dont have evade based high dmg styles (till 1.64)

tsaxpinoula

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
str based weapskill hurts you, because
1) your str is lower than str+dex / 2 most of the time
2) assassins enervate you and you lose half of that even alraedy sucky ws
3) you dont have evade based high dmg styles (till 1.64)

indeed spear s etter cause hunters base stat is dex
spear :touch: is better than sword :twak:
and imo most of hunters use sc spears than tg due to spd

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
But with sword u get the choise of 2h or 1h .. against high evade classes or ones that spec highly in shield u will hit more with a quicker weapon and there for do more damage over time. Slow speed weapons only work if u have a good way of negateing ure opponents deffence .. attacking from the rear while ure opponent is engaged fighting someone else or some form of anytime stun .. So i guess its a case of what type of utility u feel suits ure style of play best .. the ability to use quick and slow slash weaps or slow weps with a chiose of 2 dam types ..

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
damage over time isn't even worth considering when most fights hunters are in are over in seconds one way or the other. Sword skill relies on block/parries for the decent styles, since hunters can't parry and will rarely block due to non-spec in shield it's rather pointless even carrying a sword around. There's even less point trying to justify it by carrying a 2 handed sword - if you want a 2 hander go for a spear.

There's a reason why Hunters are one of the few classes that can spec in spear - it's suited for them.

Flinx

Fledgling Freddie
OK Ive played a sword specced Hunter since the begining.

it suits my style of play.

I tried Spear once and yes it can give nice massive damage. but at the cost of swing time.

i'll stick to my 1h sword (Gazi one with BT proc) and hope mythic eventualy lets us use a bloody small shield.

Hunters the only none cloth wearing class that can't use a shield :eek7:

at the end of the day you can spec how you want im just a stubborn git :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
A sword will give 10% resists vs. Hib stealthers and Infils, whereas Spears give neutral resists to them and Scouts are weak to them.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
damage over time isn't even worth considering when most fights hunters are in are over in seconds one way or the other. Sword skill relies on block/parries for the decent styles, since hunters can't parry and will rarely block due to non-spec in shield it's rather pointless even carrying a sword around. There's even less point trying to justify it by carrying a 2
in fact..hunters will never block

not being able to carry a shield at all :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom