Sword or Hammer ?

Emerica-Polomalu

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there :)

On my troll zerker im hammer/la atm, but i wondering respec sword, only if its better, or the same, cause ill like to get some knowldge about what is best before, any tips ? :)

Thanks ^^

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Unless you really can't stand the look of your weapons, stick with Hammer, it has really good styles, low endurance usage,high damage and the excellent behindstylesnare. I went from Hammer to Sword after Mythic fucked up the looks of Malice/Battler in their hammerversions.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, Lju! :p

Imo that Malice hammer is cool, but Battler.. Its so ugly. :p

Bro uses Hammer and he says he likes it.

Rhiem

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm dusnt matter really , use the LA styles the most , and with that new side stun coming up :) , the back style snare from hammer comes in handy though !

Cozak

Part of the furniture
What these people said, hammer is the best due to the styles. But also crush is a better damage type than slash, imo, especially for 8v8.

Emerica-Polomalu

Fledgling Freddie
ah - i only use LA styles on my zerker, tho i don't even use the Conquer ( snare style ) :O - but Spear of kings looks all :D

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Emerica-Polomalu said:
ah - i only use LA styles on my zerker, tho i don't even use the Conquer ( snare style ) :O - but Spear of kings looks all :D
Use conquer if they are running away from you and LA back style chain if they are not :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
What these people said, hammer is the best due to the styles. But also crush is a better damage type than slash, imo, especially for 8v8.
I disagree. Slash is a better damage type for 8vs8.
As slash, only bards and BMs are resistant(wont find many vamps, rangers and NSs in groups).
As crush, alb chain and hib scale is resistant, which will be more classes.
There's only 5% difference between those that are neutral and vulnerable, which is pretty much the same.

Basically it's overall better damage(slash) vs snarestyles(hammer).

I'm hoping the fix they did to the "target out of range" crap will work, so kiters wont be such a huge problem.
I believe that was in 1.84? Was a fix to some bug that got introduced just before that, but it looks like targets wont be out of range as much. I hope.

Lothoras

One of Freddy's beloved
it all depends on what template you want tbh, but yeah hammer is good. theres nothing wrong with sword or axe tho

Quimby Copperthumb

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently Mythic have reverted the Hammer versions of Malice and Battler back to their previous appearance. If you have the horrible looking ones you can visit the relevant Scholar who will change them for you.

There's definately no reason not to spec Hammer now ;)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Quimby Copperthumb said:
Apparently Mythic have reverted the Hammer versions of Malice and Battler back to their previous appearance. If you have the horrible looking ones you can visit the relevant Scholar who will change them for you.

How sure r u on that ??

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
It must be next patch cause i respecced my 2h hammer malice and it came back looking the same.

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Quimby Copperthumb said:

Could you point us towards anything that supports that, please? Would really, really love it if it was the case!

auroria

Banned
hammer>sword any time for the slow style, im splitspec on zerk atm, so only use the style to snare not to dmg, because it does quite alot less dmg ;) If i ever join some rvr grp im speccing 50 hammer+11+8 and 50 leftaxe though

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Quimby Copperthumb said:

gif proof and me love you long time :)

Quimby Copperthumb

Fledgling Freddie
I am going to have to be a bit rubbish and state that I can't prove it :(

I know I definately saw something on The Herald a while ago about this, but I've been back and can't find it again.

I'll post something on VN Boards and get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom