Switching from speakers to headphone and vice versa

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
...without leaving WAR?

So far, I haven´t found a way to switch from speakers to headphones ingame. I can Alt Tab the game and switch settings in Windows, but I still need to log our and log in again to make the change "happen". Is there no option to do this ingame yet (as it used to be in Lotro for example)?

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
If it's a USB headset you can't afaik as they use their own built-in soundcard thingy instead of your PCs one and games tend to not like having the soundcard changed.

I switched to a Speed-Link Medusa 5.1 Home headset which uses the analogue sockets of my soundcard and has outputs to my speakers so I can switch between the two by pressing a button. Not cheap though at £60ish inc P&P.

Amazon.co.uk: Speed-Link MEDUSA 5.1 Home Edition Headset: Electronics & Photo

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Normally i just yonk the lead out of the back of the pc thor and replace it and that seems to work for me, but if your using a proper sound card, no idea m8

Plank

Fledgling Freddie
Buy something like a Y connector , route from back of soundcard and set up a switch system (manual or otherwise) Or buy a set of speakers like the logitech Z-5500 and this gives you a headphone socket to plug headphones in and out on the fly.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I used to have a Microsoft Gamevoice which I could plug my speakers and headphones into, then I could just flick a switch on the gamevoice and it would swap between headset and speakers. You could also setup chat channels with it and select who to chat to and such. Maybe worth a look for you.

Kreuger

Fledgling Freddie
its possible if you use normal socket, but it sounds to me that you use a usb headset, which sucks for that kinda thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom