Advice Swimming earplugs

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...has anyone any experience of them? Something has happened to my ears over the last couple of years so that I routinely get water stuck in my ears if I go swimming/put my head under water for any reason. The doctor can’t see any issue with my ears, but it usually results in temporary deafness, my ears filing with wax and a syringe job to fix it, which is expensive (just visiting the doctor in Ireland costs €60) and a pain in the arse. So I figured swimming earplugs might be a fix, but most of the sites I’ve looked up are just brochureware so I’m not really sure if they’ll be effective. Thoughts?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not got perforated drums then.

No idea m8. Weird it happens tho. I've never had my ears syringed despite being a wax factory. I kinda figure leave 'em alone.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I would have thought buy something from Amazon with a high user rating and see how you get on.

Doubt they cost very much.

DaGaffer

Not got perforated drums then.

No idea m8. Weird it happens tho. I've never had my ears syringed despite being a wax factory. I kinda figure leave 'em alone.

The water gets stuck behind the wax but also makes the wax near impossible to dis-lodge myself as well. I assumed perforated eardrums but I’m assured they’re not.

I would have thought buy something from Amazon with a high user rating and see how you get on.

Doubt they cost very much.

Yeah, I’ve already done that, but the opportunity cost of getting it wrong is another sixty quid doctor’s visit so I figured I’d see if anyone had direct knowledge.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I used to have decent luck with silicone earplugs, held in place by a swim cap. They mould to your ear shape, and are better than plastic ones, which leak too much water.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Olive Oil I hear is a good thing for softening up earwax Gaff.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Did he check for bone buildup.
It sounds really weird, but its quite common and causes lots of water ..ear problems.

DaGaffer

Did he check for bone buildup.
It sounds really weird, but its quite common and causes lots of water ..ear problems.

That's Surfer's Ear. Yeah he looked at that as well, but given I surf about as well as a Hippo does needlepoint, I expected this was unlikely.

DaGaffer

Olive Oil I hear is a good thing for softening up earwax Gaff.

Oh, done all that, drops as well, but that's all stable door stuff; I'd like to prevent rather than cure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom