Swg

G

Gef

Originally posted by Damon Doombring

Oye...I actualy thought about trying swg, but now I dont know..Arnold schwarzenegger wannabe's with aimbot's dont make for good rp me thinks.. But on the other hand its probably quit easy to forsee what classes they wil be playing.

SWG is more like a classic MMORPG, no aiming. Bit like DAoC, target, attack, random number generator based on how long you been playing decides if you hit or miss.

But still think the idea of getting loads of mates together and building a little fort with gun turrets, walls and a few AT-ST's for defence sounds cool.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Not everyone will be Jedi's Damon, you should try having a chat with Jadow who beta tested.
They only had two jedi's and from what he told their life was far from easy and one of them got zergerd by stormtroopers.
And why would swg have more idiots than daoc? Just because its based on movies?

O

old.Tohtori

Ok, short post but...planetside got my attention.

I liked tribes, i played quite a bit of it but in the end it turned out to be another fps.

Now planetside seems like something i've been waiting since Wolfenstein 3d, the old one that is...long ago...

O

old.Gombur Glodson

It all comes down to taste in the end and what genres you prefer.
Same world different people.

A

arladon

old.Gombur Glodson , if that's how you feel it fine. I just wanted other peoples opinions. And I didnt want to search the forums for an old topic, I just made one. I just wanted a few points of view on it.

Thanks

D

Damon_D

Never said they would play jedi's did I :) But they sure as hell wont be playing a non-fighter class ;)

O

old.Tohtori

I probably will... allready thought, if i'm even going to play SWG, of playing a sidekick :p

You know, a funny minority type.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

old.Glombor.Gludson yuo aer a evil caerbear!1 ppls aer jus tryin to mak a point!!

O

old.Tohtori

Ooh...Unca Sicko is here agian...where have you been all day? I had to find Gombur Teh carpet pictar myself.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Never said they would play jedi's did I :) But they sure as hell wont be playing a non-fighter class ;)

Maybe not but people still play non fighter classes in other mmorpgs so why should swg be different?

C

Cedig

What interests me about this game, is the lengths that some prospective players are taking it. Its not even out yet and theres PA's (Guilds) that have formal structure and hundreds of members, they've decided which planet to build their city on etc etc

I hope it stands up to the hype. I will be trying this at some point. I've already joined a European PA (Artisan Ridge) and will try the Combat Medic role out (sounds similar to my DAoC Warden).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom