SWG server

1234Taz

What about the faction exploites that 100s of people used to get full sets of faction armor and pets?. The devs thought it would be good for those people to keep it after exploiting and then to make it even better they nerfed faction gains and increased the costs.

Exploiters4tehwin! :eek:

M

minstrel_kyra

Got it today, only messed with it for about an hour. Really need to have time to yourself to play this game to understand the dynamics. (I wasn't a lucky beta tester so its all new).

I finally decide to wait till kids are in bed so I can really understand (and ask hubby's friends to help since they have been playing since beta and know what they are doing). Well he gets home, sees it sitting on my desk and next thing you know, my son is squealing, "Daddy made a wookie!!!!!!!!!!"

/me sighs

So he's been on MY game (my birthday present too!) since he got home. I threw a tantrum and he promised to let me play it tomorrow. LOL um sure.

Guess I will get to play it when he gets his version next week.

bleh, I need to stop being so nice LOL!

Oh and yes, I made a Kyrah on Eclipse, she's somewhere lost in the wilderness, having chased after a dumb waypoint only to find that's not where her mission wants her to be.. doh!! I'll figure it tomorrow, gonna go watch some tv now. :)

S

SilverHood

Kor'vy the lizardman here.. on eclipse.

This game seems very hard on new players

The basic difficulty 2 mission involved me walking for 40 mins and running from lots of angry mobs... and for a measly 500 credits

K

katt!

Originally posted by vayasen
SWG has bugs but it also has 10x the content DAOC does

empty randomly generated land does NOT equal to content kthx :x

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by katt!
empty randomly generated land does NOT equal to content kthx :x

and spawn zones on otherwise empty land = content ?

:rolleyes:

K

katt!

Originally posted by SilverHood
and spawn zones on otherwise empty land = content ?

:rolleyes:

in fact, yes.

handcrafted zones > swgs "hi random formula, would you like to be a developer?".

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by vayasen
SWG has bugs but it also has 10x the content DAOC does(already.

DAOC where shall I go tonight..hmm emain or Sidi.

Good choice.

what a load of crap, when you started with daoc you also had lots of areas to go to, same with SWG now

K

katt!

swg has some strong points. but its NOT the fighting pve/pvp part of it. about as far away as it can get :eek:

S

SilverHood

i find the PvE side much more exciting that daoc's PvE

was hunting tuscens, and we took down one of them, and suddenly we were ambushed by 4 of them on a hill....

a huge fire fight ensued, much hilarity as we took down another one.... and then the a bantha charged us and we we're running all over the place.... sadly we lost 2 people, but it was fun :)

O

old.Morchaoron

i find the PvE side much more exciting that daoc's PvE

Until you know exactly how the AI works like in this game then it be like "I pull you take first round BAF i pull 2nd round away then you attack when 1st dead"

You know its always the same, doing things for the first time is always better then the second :sleeping:

M

MrGrumpie

Importmadness....a warning..

btw, if anyone is looking to buy SWG, read the bit below before you do and I suggest AVOID this company:

As anyone from europe will well know, getting hold of SWG is not the most straight forward thing to do, when stocks are so restricted.

I came across ImportMadness, and through one of their ebay ads (that should say it all [frown], although so far I've only good experiences on ebay ) I clicked on a link to get a special price on the collectors edition. (£79.99+ £9.99 postage).

Their ebay ad (sadly I didn't save the damn page) clearly stated "Ships same day, 48hour delivery with insurance and tracking number", and also clearly "UK Duty Paid".

This is my first email:
====================================
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 6:38 PM
To: orders@importmadness.com">orders@importmadness.com</a>
Subject: Star Wars Galaxies

Hi

I'm writing in response to your ebay advert for the SWG collectors edition. What is the total price, including shipping, as its not clear from the ebay ad. Your website lists a standard shipping price of £14.99, which is extortionate considering they're already in the country.

Can you clarify the total price for me please? I'll happily take one if the postage charge is more realistic.

Regards

================================
They replied:

----- Original Message -----

To: 'MrGrumpie'
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:49 PM
Subject: RE: Star Wars Galaxies

Hi

That must be a database error. The shipping price is 9.99 GBP with insurance and a tracking number.

Thanks for informing us of this problem. J

It should be fine now, please try again

Total price is 79.99 GBP + 9.99 GBP = 89.98 GBP

-Customer Care
ImportMadness
297 Royal Appian Cres
Concord, Ontario
L4K 5K9
Canada

Fax: (905) 417 1177
======================================
All sounds good so far doesn't it?
Anyway, it continues.....

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:22 PM
To: orders@importmadness.com
Subject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies

Thankyou, I've just placed an order with you. Can you confirm that it will be sent tomorrow?

Kind regards
===========================================
To: xxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 12:38 AM

Hi

I can confirm that it will be sent tomorrow. You will get it within 48 hrs but that is 2 business days, so it will arrive on Monday. I will provide you with your tacking number in a few hours and someone will need to sign for the package when it arrives. I will also provide the phone number of the company so you can arrange delivery in case they miss you at home.

Thank you for your order and I hope you enjoy this game. J

-Customer Care

ImportMadness
297 Royal Appian Cres
Concord, Ontario
L4K 5K9
Canada

Fax: (905) 417 1177

=======================================
Well I thought, that's great, I'll have it next week. Importmadness seemed prompt with their replies too.

On Friday I checked my order status on their website and it was showing as "pending". So I dropped them a quick email asking if it had been sent. No reply.

Saturday, and on their site the Standard SWG Edition is suddenly in stock again (£33.99 + £5 postage). So I decide to email them from a different email address. They confirmed they had the £33.99 edition in stock, and that if I placed an order it would ship Monday. Strange I thought, they didnt reply to my email re: current status on the order I already placed, but when I'm making a sales enquiry they respond almost immediately? Hmmm.

So I sent them another email stating that I already had an order with them, and as they clearly hadn't shipped that one, I'd like them to send the standard edition instead and only charge my card with £40 odd charge instead of £90.

Amazingly enough, on Sunday the order status suddenly changed to "Despatched"........despatched on a SUNDAY? When I checked my bank account, I discovered that my account wasn't debited until Monday...£90.

Anyway, my frustration was set to get worse. Monday passed, Tuesday passed, no word of the game, no tracking no. like they promised, no specified courier or tel. number like they promised in one of their earlier emails.

So I sent them this email:
===================================
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 2:37 PM
To: orders@importmadness.com
Subject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies

Can you please tell me why this item hasn't arrived yet?

On your website it says it was despatched last Sunday.

WHERE is my tracking number?

WHO is the courier?

Frankly your service is appalling, when I've emailed with a general enquiry you reply quickly, when I'm emailing to ask for an update you simply ignore my emails.

Is this a genuine company?

Please let me know what is going on please.

=======================================
Not impressed, as you can tell. On Friday they finally replied (2 days after my stroppy email, remember they respond within an hour to any enquiries):

To: 'MrGrumpie'
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 9:02 AM

Your order has left and I will have to check with customs to see when they will release the package.

Thanks
Importmadness.co.uk
========================================
Hmmm that doesn't sound right. I'm confused here. So I sent them this email:

To: <a href="mailto:eek:rders@importmadness.com[/Email]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies - order 15591. Tracking number?

Dear Sir/Madam

Customs? Your advert stated UK duty paid, which means it's being despatched from the UK I assumed. As it's being "held" in customs, if I get a bill I will expect a full refund of the duty charges. Your ad also stated 48 hour delivery. It's now 8 days since I placed the order.

You said I would receive a tracking number within hours of placing my order. Despite my (admiteddly stroppy) email below, you STILL haven't given me my tracking number. Why haven't you emailed me to advise whats going on? Why have I not received details of either the courier or the tracking number? What makes it even more exasperating is that you don't even have the decency to apologise.

Either you're ripping me off or your service stinks, I'm not sure which it is at the moment. If I have to wait until next week for any further response, I'll copy and paste this whole email trail on every gaming message board I can find, and let everyone make of it what they will.

Regards
============================================

So I'm left thinking, is this a cowboy outfit? They seem incapable of providing even the most basic customer service once they have your money.

A string of failed promises from the word go, I'm £90 poorer with no sign of the package, and no way of knowing if it has indeed been sent or its vapourware.

Bastards.

N

-Nxs-

Its very possible the package can be held up at customs, Ive recently ordered items from the USA, some arrive within 2 days, some have taken 2 months both with the same international courier.

Either way they prommised a two business day delivery - this has not happened, you have no goods - contact your credit card company they will give you a refund. If the item arrives just email the supplier stating that as they did not abide by their terms and conditions and if they provide funds to return the item you will gladly do so.

O

old.Morchaoron

All my friends already quit that game...

no suprise really, some companies really make mmorpgs look 10 times nicer then they actually are

M

MrGrumpie

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
no suprise really, some companies really make mmorpgs look 10 times nicer then they actually are

Don't they all?

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
Until you know exactly how the AI works like in this game then it be like "I pull you take first round BAF i pull 2nd round away then you attack when 1st dead"

You know its always the same, doing things for the first time is always better then the second :sleeping:

atleast I have to use skill to beat the AI, rather than DAOC's spam the taunt button in groups, or spam havoc if solo

O

old.Morchaoron

atleast I have to use skill to beat the AI, rather than DAOC's spam the taunt button in groups, or spam havoc if solo

you say that now, but after some time you will be able to see through that AI aswell, it'll be just routine aswell

Don't they all?

ermm I thought this game was 100% shit when first heard of it, but it was the beta that made me like it (unfortunately cant say that about swg)

J

Jonaldo

All I see is one person who doesn't want to like this game and isn't prepared to listen to any arguments in defence of it, and others trying to point out that it is as good as DAoC, as that isn't exactly the top notch PvP experience a lot of us hoped for.

I will check out SWG, will check out WoW, will check out Dragon Empires, wait for Ryzom - then play the best one.

I may return to DAoC for a short period but ultimately that was a great let down and no-one for me, but that's just my taste in games. What one person likes, others don't like and it'll always be like that.

S

SilverHood

btw, PvP is SWG is fuxx0red

you have the skills and equipment to take down mobs with 10k hp, but players rarely have over 1000 in health action or mind

one shotting people can be fun tho :D

just the 3 pets with 14k hp that make pvp a bit sucky

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by oldtimer
Got 2 out of 5 in the Gamesdomain review.

From that reading it looks like this is a very "average joe" mmorpg. The Star Wars setting didnt help.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=11769

9.7 out of 10 .. different persons different tastes.. just like everyone else in the world :)

Noway one game can please all players. It just aint gonna happen.

Will probably be the same when WoW comes.. some of the ones praising WoW now might just be equally disapointed as some who were praising swg and felt let down.

Dont like it, to bad maybe the next mog down the line is for you.. you did like it? enjoy the stay til the next mog comes along that catches your interest.

M

minstrel_kyra

Okay, made a char on Eclipse (well 2 if you count the one on hubby's account) and have yet to run into anybody i know. I logged in every day for nearly a week and soloed the whole time :( Not one single person from DAoC was there. Was very lonely and boring. Plus the server goes down every single flipping day.

So I am now playing on Ahazi with my husband and his friends and Choppy has joined us over there too.

I really really really wanted to play with you guys but since I never saw anyone to chat with and got tired of the dumb server going down, I am going to where I know I have friends and a server that doesn't crash every time I load up the game. (Plus that means I don't have to play on Euro time, I can play at night and have people to group with). Feel free to come visit me on Ahazi if you want.

Good luck guys on Eclipse :)

****Kyrah MoonDancer, Scout/exotic dancer/creature handler-to-be Ahazi ****
****Kyr'a MoonDancer, baby scout Eclipse****

O

old.Krusha

Was running alittle on eclipse (the few times it wasnt full and then it was heavy load) so i joined some friends on sunrunner.. so far ive only met nice helpfull ppl.. so i stayed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom