Suspended ?

living

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
I smell somthing fishy. :/ Right now it.. also I would ahve though GOA would have seen you an e-mail says why you have had your account suppended
sometimes they can be arsed to mail you, but not always that you get them, even tho they claim to have mailed them :) and they got this weird thing about avoiding awnsering whatever u need to know when u finally get a hang of a gm

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Buffer said:
Clueless
The settings of your spam filters are your problem, If you have it set to delete/bounce/ignore a noreply@* then its hardly goa's fault, afaik that has always been the the email address they used, and quite rightly, otherwise they would be flooded with lots of questions etc. far better for them to bounce the email or send it to /dev/null

Reread my original post to find out the clueless user.

My rather offtopic post is pointing out the problems GOA are facing because they're sending emails and ignoring any bounces. They could quite easily set the reply address to a VERPified address to manage any replies or bounces.

Amazing how you diagnose Jiq's problem as being a spam filter problem, when he admitted that he had the wrong email address with his account.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Why don't you rather think which 3rd party program you used could cause it instead of asking GOA? Smells really fishy...

You know what programs run in the background, you know what programs you use to probably improve your gaming or other stuff...Write down the progs you use while running DAoC and maybe we can conclude which one could have caused it...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Jiq, in answer to your question:
For obvious reasons I can't tell you how the program works. What I can tell you is that it doesn't do a hard-drive or memory scan - that is a big no and a legal minefield that no sane company would step into.
Other programs running at the same time as DAoC that don't interfere with the game directly will not trigger the radar detection. So you can safely run MSN, IRC, Winamp, streaming_goat_pr0n.exe or whatever floats your particular boat without risking your account.

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Jiq, in answer to your question:
For obvious reasons I can't tell you how the program works. What I can tell you is that it doesn't do a hard-drive or memory scan - that is a big no and a legal minefield that no sane company would step into.
Other programs running at the same time as DAoC that don't interfere with the game directly will not trigger the radar detection. So you can safely run MSN, IRC, Winamp, streaming_goat_pr0n.exe or whatever floats your particular boat without risking your account.

Programs like fraps interfere with DAoC obviously.. so in theory it should be a 3rd party program and trigger the radar detection? or am i just totally off track? :p

Jiq

Fledgling Freddie
Sight... i still havent gotten any real answers but atleast i know the most common programs wont trigger it :)

thegreatest ???? cba

but that about fraps was interesting since i have used that for filming is that considered a 3 rd part ?

if that is so i wont be using that any more

TBH everyone know that radar and so on is 3rd part but is a program like fraps ? kk ill wait but thanx 4 info about usually used programs i appreciate it
untill an answer occurs my best regards to u all

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
streaming_goat_pr0n.exe

bet many ppl did google that :D

not that i did ofc .... nono not atall

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Programs like fraps interfere with DAoC obviously.. so in theory it should be a 3rd party program and trigger the radar detection? or am i just totally off track? :p

It doesnt access the memory space of DAoC, like radar programs. It only captures frames of the game window (or is it the whole screen?). Anyway, fraps shouldn't get you in trouble.

Martok

Part of the furniture
i have a question would xfire count as a 3rd party program as i run that in the background its a gaming chat program and does interface with the game once in a while.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Sykepleier said:
i'm sure GoA don't just suspend some acc w/o any reason sorry :m00:

Lols, GOA deleted Gohrim's acco for one month+++.. There was some nonexistant problem with paying of the acco and that was the reason, so T_T

Cyfr

Banned
I got banned like 2 years ago for nothing and goa wouldn't provide logs, GG xD

Poag

m00?
Buffer said:
Clueless
The settings of your spam filters are your problem, If you have it set to delete/bounce/ignore a noreply@* then its hardly goa's fault, afaik that has always been the the email address they used, and quite rightly, otherwise they would be flooded with lots of questions etc. far better for them to bounce the email or send it to /dev/null

e-mails of this sort are not many emails, they are one person specific, so is highly unlikely to be seen by a mail server running a spam/defense script as a flood/attack

Kinda pointless...99% of the people who would be affected don't even set there own spam filters.....they would be using hotmail..yahoo or there ISP email system which has preset spam filters...that regular John Doe cannot change...much

i had one of my accounts set to use a hotmail address...i'd never setup a rule to mark it as junk mail, but lo and behold..there it was in the junk mailbox.

Yes freemail may not be that good compared to somehtign u admin urself, but then how many of the daoc population do you think admin there own email servers.....not many.

-Gale

ps- Referring to people as clueless when you have failed to think things through is kinda ironic :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Gale said:
Yes freemail may not be that good compared to somehtign u admin urself, but then how many of the daoc population do you think admin there own email servers.....not many

I do :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Makes two of us. Or three.
I lost count!

But, back to the topic.. I read the XFire FAQ, and looking at the first two issues, amongst several things on its forum, I'm under the impression that XFire actually hooks into DAOC's process to render its communication tool thinger. I don't know the details on the detection system, but, if it works the way I think it does, XFire may just trigger a false positive.

Martok

Part of the furniture
Daedalus said:
Makes two of us. Or three.
I lost count!

But, back to the topic.. I read the XFire FAQ, and looking at the first two issues, amongst several things on its forum, I'm under the impression that XFire actually hooks into DAOC's process to render its communication tool thinger. I don't know the details on the detection system, but, if it works the way I think it does, XFire may just trigger a false positive.

if it does trigger a false posative i should expect my account to be susspended soon then :m00:

i realy hope xfire doesnt as its a good chat program that allows you to chat to ppl in any different games without effecting the one your in with crappy pop ups like msn. I have never and would never cheat so if i do get susspended we will know the reason and prove a point then.. if i was to cheat all my charectors would be a lot higher rr then they are lol... and not 100 + days played on most of them.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
as long as the program doesn't hook into the actual process i.e. daoc program then there won't be a problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom