Survey Tools

Joker Bravo

Fledgling Freddie
Hi All,
Was wondering about range settings on survey tools. I noticed when you first equip one it ask you to set the range. Can the range be changed later on for more or less? Are do you have to scrap it and get a new one to set the range higher? Which is better? I,ve been surveying and usualy run a little past the highlighted waypoint before surveying again (increasing my range that way). Also if you find a good resource point, if I set-up a waypoint marker there and come back in a few days will that same point give up any more resources?
Thnx for replies in advance!
Joker B.

rynnor

Rockhound
All survey tools can be used on 5 range settings - when you first start you can only use the shortest range one but as you go up in Survey skill you'll get the option to set your tools to a greater range.

You can change the range at any time just highlight the tool to get the radial menu - you have to wait a second or two for set range to appear though.

Its best to always survey the greatest range you can - it will help a lot in finding the best possible spots.

Not sure about your second point - if you find say copper at 70 and set a waypoint that spot will continue to have copper at 70 until that rescource shifts out (which for a copper is 5-7 days after it first appeared).

You may find that something else has spawned there once the copper shifted - or maybe not.

Happy Surveying :)

pig

Fledgling Freddie
The only other thing i can offer is to find a nice high % of any resource inside a city and survey until you hit lvl 4, once you get to this point, buy a crap load of harvesters from the market and start using them!

You will also need to purchase a few wind power generator and place those first, wait a day or two then place your mineral / gas / chemical harvesters and power them using the energy from the wind power gens.

Havesters keep gathering while you are offline, after a few days you will have plenty of materials to help you grind along the rest of artisan :)

BTW, the Mineral Survey device used to give the best XP per craft in practice mode, it requires 2 types of resources (any metal and any chemical if i remember correctly).

You can also create a (totaly legal) macro to craft at ninja speed (well as fast as you can double click on each material!)

When i get home from work ill post the macro i used to grind artisan!
You will need to play about with the numbers yourself but it could save you days worth of opening crafting tools, selecting items and clicking OK boxes :)

Spooks

Fledgling Freddie
pig said:
well as fast as you can double click on each material!

I bound my middle mouse button to double click using my mouse software. grinded the doc crafting tree in no time at all!

Kinzana

Fledgling Freddie
i am doing chef now :eek:

the crafting is a pain, but once i am master i wont drop it just be the best chef there is ;)

Joker Bravo

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the tips, right now i,m just doing a little bit of artisian, scout, marksman. Still learning alot every day. Only been on 1 week and a half. I figure messing with this guy some and start a new one to go pure Artisian after I get some more learning about the game.
I do some hunting and surveying, make some crafts to sell on the bazzar, did 2 missions for a little cash to start with. I,m not getting rich (got 4,000 credits) but hey, I'm having a ball! Living off the land is fun for right now.
I,m running out of room in my inventory though, looked on bazzar last night for a cheap backpack, there was not a single one on the entire planet! Ahazi, Tatooine.
found me some nice person to make me one though :)
Ten minutes later, a window popped up saying lost connection to server, exited out, never could get back in! unable to connect to character server...... :(
Got on early this morning, my backpack is gone!!!!, game started me off at about 45 min before the lost connection window had pooped up....Geeezzzzz..
Guess I,ll be running around tonight looking for another back-pack, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom