News Surely this is too far

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yep... how long before a stressed out teacher takes his/her newly acquired legal firearm and shoots a class full of kids? or colleagues? fucking sheer stupidity if they honestly think this is going to solve shit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yep... how long before a stressed out teacher takes his/her newly acquired legal firearm and shoots a class full of kids? or colleagues? fucking sheer stupidity if they honestly think this is going to solve shit.
They will give the principal minature drone missiles incase that happens, god.

rynnor

Rockhound
There is a logic to it but I'm uncertain that the defense against statistically very rare events (school shootings) will outweigh the statistical chance of accidents/misuse of the firearms.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If the teacher wanted to murder the kidlings then the teacher would, not really an issue.
If a kid starts shooting, people will die and crossfire might kill more.

How about making sure guns can't make it to school in the first place?

Zenith

Part of the furniture
There is a logic to it but I'm uncertain that the defense against statistically very rare events (school shootings) will outweigh the statistical chance of accidents/misuse of the firearms.
Fail to see any real logic to it mate.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
inB4
"PUPIL STEALS TEACHERS GUN GOES ON RAMPAGE "
followed by
"MORE STAFF NEED GUNS TO COUNTER STOLEN ONES"

35e89g.jpg

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Yes!
because teachers are among the most emotionally stable people around!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
And on the plus side, they'll get a lot less lip from the kids.

rynnor

Rockhound
Fail to see any real logic to it mate.

Its pretty simple - if you have a problem with the bad guys having guns you arm the good guys - the problem is that in the vast majority of cases they will never need to use their guns but the presence of guns means they might accidentally discharge them etc.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
"DO YOUR FUCKING ALGEBRA OR I WILL SHOOT YOUR HEAD OFF!!" - Every math teacher in the US if this happens

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Its pretty simple - if you have a problem with the bad guys having guns you arm the good guys - the problem is that in the vast majority of cases they will never need to use their guns but the presence of guns means they might accidentally discharge them etc.
Define good? Do you really live in such a black and white world where there's "good" and "bad" guys? Jeez. Smell the coffee man, what you might consider to be a good wo/man is capable to do evil. This only ensures that more guns would be surrounding large groups of children. I hope you can make sure who's a bad and a good individual.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Well yeah, in this instance "bad" guys are the ones who shoot children in thier classrooms, and "good" guys are the ones who don't , simple really, smell the coffee man ...

rynnor

Rockhound
Zenith said:
Define good? Do you really live in such a black and white world where there's "good" and "bad" guys? Jeez. Smell the coffee man, what you might consider to be a good wo/man is capable to do evil. This only ensures that more guns would be surrounding large groups of children. I hope you can make sure who's a bad and a good individual.

I was simplifying to your level as you seemed to be struggling.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Let's not beat around the bush.

What a load of cock juggling retards. What sort of simpleton would ever think mass arming is a good id... oh, yes. Those guys.
Enough said.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well its worked just fine in evolution for 3 billipn years

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well yeah, in this instance "bad" guys are the ones who shoot children in thier classrooms, and "good" guys are the ones who don't , simple really, smell the coffee man ...

And the first time a teacher blows away a classroom, that will put paid to that idea. More likely is a spate of accidental deaths, which will end up much less reported, but kids will be just as dead.

rynnor

Rockhound
And the first time a teacher blows away a classroom, that will put paid to that idea. More likely is a spate of accidental deaths, which will end up much less reported, but kids will be just as dead.

Its the accidental deaths that would determine if its sucessfull or not - teachers are just as capable of bringing in their own guns for a spree so it wouldn't prove much if one on the program did it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If the teachers have a gun then they will be the one that is shot first and then as a bonus you have another gun to aide your killing spree.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I was simplifying to your level as you seemed to be struggling.
Oh, I see your logic fine enough, it's just that... you know... it's not logical. It's illogical. Otherwise the US would be, you know, less violent if everyone could protect themselves. So therefore I laugh at your logic sire.

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh, I see your logic fine enough, it's just that... you know... it's not logical. It's illogical. Otherwise the US would be, you know, less violent if everyone could protect themselves. So therefore I laugh at your logic sire.

That's a different arguement - presumably teachers are more stable than the average american (remembering that the average includes violent criminals and those with long histories of psychosis etc.) so you cant compare the two groups.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That's a different arguement - presumably teachers are more stable than the average american (remembering that the average includes violent criminals and those with long histories of psychosis etc.) so you cant compare the two groups.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Did you not go to school?

(In fact I seem to remember Adam Lanza's mother was a teacher and she seemed to be quite the fruitloop in her own right. )

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Where the hell do you get that information Rynnor? As a psych graduate, id love to see a real study lining up % of mental disorders by profession. To my knowledge, it doesnt exist and it's pretty clear as to why.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Same place he gets half of his information from, a made up source deep inside of his arse crack.

rynnor

Rockhound
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Did you not go to school?

(In fact I seem to remember Adam Lanza's mother was a teacher and she seemed to be quite the fruitloop in her own right. )

Did you only read the fiirst part of my sentence? The average american includes serial killers, lifetime criminals and people who have mental illnesses so bad that they cannot function in society.

Pretty much anyone in employment is going to be more stable than the average in terms of chance to commit violent crimes.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
The average american also includes primary school teachers, highschool teachers, preschool teachers. Crime and especially mental instability is NOT something exclusive of the poor. Damn man, we've been having lots of campaigns to rid the society of excactly such stigmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom