WARHAMMER Superpowers

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everyone's had a fantasy at one point or another about having a superpower or magical ability. It's part of the reason why Marvel movies and fucking Harry Potter have done so well - and I've very much enjoyed them too - despite being in full agreement with Carl Sagan's position on fantasy and magic, and a lifelong lover of hard sci-fi.

In the meantime, I can't help but want a superpower of my own and it's after long consideration (many years) that, aside from a lifelong desire for an ability to hold my hand in a fist, thumb up, look at any point on the horizon, depress my thumb and observe a very satisfying (potentially nuclear) explosion - I want this:

The ability to conjure up any weapon of choice and fire/apply them to people who do this - whilst having a unique and unassailable legal pass to do so. A "licence (and ability) to kill", if you like, in many, varied and often painful ways.

Humans who do that don't deserve continued life - and considering we are massively overpopulated I could spend many days gleefully solving two problems with one sickening shotgun shot, or railgun round, or floating magical mine.

At the seaside it would also give the seagulls something better for them to eat than ice-cream cones - so therefore I'd be performing multiple ecological services at the same time.

What joy-inducing superpower currently lies in your land of fantasy? :giggle:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Teleport. Definitely.

Partial teleport if possible. So my hand could pop to the fridge and back for a beer and my cock goes for a piss in some fuckers garden whilst my arse remains firmly nested on the sofa.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Probability manipulation; Domino's "luck" in Deadpool 2 basically, but directable.
Y'see - I've shied away from something so powerful, because it would suck all the satisfaction out of life. If luck was no longer luck then the gambles you make would no longer be gambles and where's the fun in that?

I like the character in Deadpool 2 but even then it struck me that what had to happen had to be utterly outrageous to make it amusing. The joy of that is in what chain of events can you dream up that's both ridiculous and physically possible to make it worthwhile.

If they do a Deadpool 3 then she should only appear fleetingly to "donate" her luck to Deadpool through some random improbable act that starts off with the proverbial butterfly wings on the opposite side of the planet. (Then, of course, he should turn to camera and say it's the only way they could shoehorn her in without fucking all the peril in the film).

:)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'd like so many things it's hard to choose.

I'd quite like invulnerability. So no matter what happens I'm fine. Although ideally I would also would like teleportation to go with it. And also time travel. And be super strong to be able to lift an entire skyscraper with my little finger.

And I would also like to be able to be able to fire an EMP with pinpoint accuracy so I could for example blow up someones ear buds without interfering with anything else.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Y'see - I've shied away from something so powerful, because it would suck all the satisfaction out of life. If luck was no longer luck then the gambles you make would no longer be gambles and where's the fun in that?

I like the character in Deadpool 2 but even then it struck me that what had to happen had to be utterly outrageous to make it amusing. The joy of that is in what chain of events can you dream up that's both ridiculous and physically possible to make it worthwhile.

If they do a Deadpool 3 then she should only appear fleetingly to "donate" her luck to Deadpool through some random improbable act that starts off with the proverbial butterfly wings on the opposite side of the planet. (Then, of course, he should turn to camera and say it's the only way they could shoehorn her in without fucking all the peril in the film).

:)

I'd be a fucking God; I'd have a LOT of fun.

Probably not the right kind of person to have powers like that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And I would also like to be able to be able to fire an EMP with pinpoint accuracy so I could for example blow up someones ear buds without interfering with anything else.
I like this because it's very limited in it's uses and also inherently mean :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its probably best if I never have superpowers.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Its probably best if I never have superpowers.
I think you should have a power where you can always see what Sadiq Khan is doing all the time and can never unsee him.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You dont need a superpower to see fuck all.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Instant travel. I get bored on my 10 min commute...though my current 1 min commute is also quite tedious.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Instant travel. I get bored on my 10 min commute...though my current 1 min commute is also quite tedious.
I'd have instant travel to work - but it would kill my other hobbies. Part of the achievement of getting somewhere by foot or by bike is that when you really want to quit (and would) you can't. If I had instant travel then I'd quit and there'd be no point.

To be fair, I also don't want to get to work quicker, and hadn't gone for a month before lockdown started. So that's a "don't want" from me :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Chimera - or whatever its called

mixed dna. So you could do bad things and leave dna trace and not have it linked to you. Coupled with invisibility but selective invisibility. Turn on or off kind.

lastly teleportation with infinite range

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Chimera - or whatever its called

mixed dna. So you could do bad things and leave dna trace and not have it linked to you.
What bad shit do you want to do where you're going to be leaving DNA evidence, Mr Rapey! :wij:

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I'm with @DaGaffer on this one. Probability manipulation.

Not as he describes it though. Bascially I want to be able to set the probability of something happening (Or not happening) to 100%. Want to win the lottery? Done. Want another superpower? Done. Don't want the missus to figure out you ate the last of *insert food here*? Done!

I was discussing this subject with my mates a while back and they wouldn't have it that this would be the most powerful superpower possible. One of them gave me an example. "YOu want to go into the white house, unobserved by man or machine, pick something up from the Oval Office and walk out again. Didn't seem to understand that if I set the probability of it happening to 100% I could close my eyes, start walking and it would happen.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'm with the people on teleportation, it seems super useful in both your mundane life, as your super hero alter ego world. Like that horrible movie , Jumper.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm with @DaGaffer on this one. Probability manipulation.

Not as he describes it though. Bascially I want to be able to set the probability of something happening (Or not happening) to 100%. Want to win the lottery? Done. Want another superpower? Done. Don't want the missus to figure out you ate the last of *insert food here*? Done!

I was discussing this subject with my mates a while back and they wouldn't have it that this would be the most powerful superpower possible. One of them gave me an example. "YOu want to go into the white house, unobserved by man or machine, pick something up from the Oval Office and walk out again. Didn't seem to understand that if I set the probability of it happening to 100% I could close my eyes, start walking and it would happen.

That's what I meant by "directable". Odds of a micrometeorite landing on Donald Trump's head? Billions to one. Done.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'd quite like a super power to make sure none of you sick fucks ever get super powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom