superman

S

scooby-doo

there seems to me to be a lot of superhero type films coming out at the mo,so i was just thinking about the talk of a new superman film and who you lot think should play him..ive always thought nic cage would be good.

S

scooby-doo

i know there was definite talk of it a while ago.

S

SilverHood

cage with the cheesy accent he had in Con Air

comedy genius

:D

S

scooby-doo

yeh not one of his better performances...:)

T

Tom

It would have to be an unknown face, much like Christopher Reeves was (although hes actually been in some good films other than Superman).

H

Happy Go Lucky

Keanu Reeves did I good impression of superman in matrix reloaded :D

Nic Cage has the wrong hair colour and not very much of it,

and con air was good :p

D

dysfunction

Maybe they could use that twit from the Smallville series...

O

old.Fweddy

They should choose someone like....

wazz.JPG

H

Happy Go Lucky

Unless you want to sell one, I can't find a box big enough to package it :/

W

WPKenny

I have my doubts about Nicolas Cage. I think he's too wirey. Put him in spandex and he'll just look odd.

I can't remember right now but some film mag did a line up of possibles and there was one there that I really thought could be good at the role...right look, right build, not a terrible actor. Just can't remember who it was. :(

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by WPKenny
right look, right build, not a terrible actor. Just can't remember who it was. :(

David Boreanaz? Apparently he turned the role down...

J

Jonaldo

Brendan Fraser is the bookies favourite to play Superman at present. But why? He's the most annoying actor I've seen in years, Keanu Reeves may be a shit actor but at least he doesn't just make me cringe like Brendan Fraser does.

A man whose highlight of his career is the piss poor The Mummy (lots will probably disagree), a film of which the best performance was by the special effects crew, surely he can't land the lead role in what will surely be a huge scale movie.

(I don't like him that much, not sure if I got that message across)

Oh well as I can't come up with any other suggestions at present I'll just leave it there.

S

(Shovel)

Agreed that Reeves does pull off a pretty good "moody super hero" role, not sure that he's charismatic enough to fill a fuller part than Neo though.

I only know Brendon Fraser for George of the Jungle... oh dear.

W

WPKenny

I think brendon frasier would be great. I love the two Mummy films aswell. :)

I'm not sure he'd be the perfect choice but he's certainly got the build and could probably do "bumbling" quite well.

J

Jonaldo

Should resurrect Corey Haim or Corey Feldmans career and make one of them Superman :D Would be fun for a bit of humour and cult to be added to it. Wonder what they're up to these days?

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Should resurrect Corey Haim or Corey Feldmans career and make one of them Superman :D Would be fun for a bit of humour and cult to be added to it. Wonder what they're up to these days?

Corey Feldman -

Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger Part 4 (2000) (as Kinky Finkelstein) .... Sarah's Gynecologist

My Life as a Troll (2001)

Serial Killing 4 Dummys (1999)

He's doing shite b-movies

Corey Haim - dunno, non-descript movies most of them

D

DaGaffer

Latest rumours are that the actor will be an 'unknown' (like Christopher Reeve was), that Natalie Portman will play Lois Lane (seems a bit young to me), and most distressing, that McG is the director. (For those of you who don't know who he is, he's the muppet who made Charlies Angels: Full Throttle, and he couldn't direct traffic).

Don't really care though coz Batman's the more interesting franchise (so long as Joel Schumacher's allowed nowhere near it) and I think Christian Bale will make quite a good Bats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom