Superior hib/mid tactics

A

Arthwyr

Well let the stats speak for themselves.

1st of all the population of 50s
http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=realms&method=pop50

2nd The realm points they make
http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=realms&method=rp50

3rd the classes who make em
http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=classes&method=rp50

Well putting 1,2 and 3 together anyone who doesn't want to unsult his own logic reasoning will have to agree with what has been posted here over and over again by both hibs and mids. Alb classes are uber. The only way the vastly superior alb menace can be delt with is by superior tactics. I mean ... of the 12 classes albs have 9 are in the bottom 13 someone PLZ nerf the infil the minstrel and the scout some more before its too late !

N

Noche

Well the cabbys as the SECOND BEST last week RP owner of alb RULEZ?

And OF COURSE NSs PWNZ. Sure sure.

Any1 who says NSs > infils will got seriously flamed but well NSs got more rps than infils, that means we r better? rofl, of course we overpowered sure sure.

A

amphetamine

as an ex-alb one of the reason albs are failing so badly is that the inf is by far the best assasin class with the 2.5 spec points, with this people see assasins who are already good doing very well and then realize they have the capability to make an inf themselves.

This in turn has started to make albion the stealth realm, i have seen minstrels refuse to join guildmates in alb cause there not stealthers and will only join a stealth group for maximum rp's and the fact that there are few people making support chars. You only have to look at the amount of assasins being made in albion to see that there overall Rp's will suck, albion is kinda a victim of its own riches(in stealth classes btw), albion has great stealth classes so people make them, thus neglecting the other classes needed to make a realm successful.

Dunno what the answer is but its not just the classes that define the way albs do, as an ex-alb i saw many times why we lost, ive seen people take charge of the "zerg" or albs that are in emain in the emain cg and people just dont listen at all and run off.

Example is last day i played alb we was at DC, all of a sudden in /cg was "mids at MMG" all of a sudden the groups with a minstrel run off, the rest debate whether we should go or hold position as we knew there was ALOT of mids inc and we didnt have speed same as some others, then the thurg/sorc speed groups run off chasing the minstrels, within 5 mins we saw minstrel speed groups die, then the next lot die following up and then the rest die through everyone splitting up.

Good luck to the alb, but tbh its a battle the people who know what they are doing in emain are struggling to win.

Also in alb is the alliance problem, each of the big guilds is in an alliance with 1 or 2 other guilds, the communication is poor and many dont even talk cause of of the members from an opposite guild said something so it causes problems throughout. This also effects emain where alot of people wont invite or group with others from opposite guilds cause of one thing a person has said therefore weakening the chances of the groups survival.

Shame really but its certainly not just the class issue, outlaw, veeshan and some of the others show what good classes the sorc and thurg is, you only have to look at the rps and see albion has quite a few high people spread over a few classes so they cant be that bad.

I

N

Novamir

I agree, mids and hibs do have superior tactics and skill to albs.

F

-frostor-

1.infils have 3x spec points
2. i have never saw a minstrel rejecting to there guild to group
3.think we grow some in organisation then you were an alb but maybe not enough...

G

gunner440

@amphetamine
haha at least the albs here ur complaining about haven't jumped ship as you have ^^ the attitude of "if we cant beat them, join them" is kinda.........................................<use ur imagination now>

through the thick and the thin .. Albion forever ;)

A

Arthwyr

This in turn has started to make albion the stealth realm, i have seen minstrels refuse to join guildmates in alb cause there not stealthers and will only join a stealth group for maximum rp's and the fact that there are few people making support chars. You only have to look at the amount of assasins being made in albion to see that there overall Rp's will suck, albion is kinda a victim of its own riches(in stealth classes btw), albion has great stealth classes so people make them, thus neglecting the other classes needed to make a realm successful.

http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=classes&method=pop50

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by Gunnerr
@amphetamine
haha at least the albs here ur complaining about haven't jumped ship as you have ^^ the attitude of "if we cant beat them, join them" is kinda.........................................<use ur imagination now>

through the thick and the thin .. Albion forever ;)

i left for the fact that i wasnt happy rvring with albs, no other was i can put it tbh, i tested a friends middy acc and enjoyed it 100x more, if your wanna stay alb for ever then good luck to you, i on the other hand play this game for fun, i wasnt having fun in albion at all, i played both a support class and solo class and i enjoyed grouping in rvr alot more than soloing, if i wanted to join the winning team i would have joined hibby, with 3 relics and 1.51 coming up they will become very powerful.

A

amphetamine

How many of them are active now :)

look at your sig, frostors sig both tanks that now play infs and gunner has a scout alt :) , how many other people have a cleric/paladin/armsman who now are leveling an inf/scout or playing one :)

I think this link pretty much shows why albion is struggling in terms of RP's, it shows that active albion people tend to play inf/scout or minstrel and some active cabbies as well.

http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=classes&method=rp50

A

arcofirme

Mids and hibs havent got superior tactis , its only because albs have less mezzers than other realms. Each grp hib have a bard to mezz and run , and all they magical classes have a stun .
Each grp mid have a healer wich can mezz and insta-stun .
ALbs could be a lot of ppl but 30 albs mezzeds cant kill nothing

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by arcofirme
Mids and hibs havent got superior tactis , its only because albs have less mezzers than other realms. Each grp hib have a bard to mezz and run , and all they magical classes have a stun .

agreed but that isnt really a class problem thats a char choice problem, sorcerers are a fun good class but people choose a uber nuking fire wizzy instead usually.

People dont play bards to nuke ppl in 2 hits, they play them to support, as do healers, i do agree that albions main cc class is weaker in terms of armor and hp than the opposite realms but in terms of ability the sorc is a quality class. Veeshan is perfect example of a nuke specced sorc.

also can i just point out that the 4 albs that have posted here on why albs are suffering all play stealthr classes now :)

S

stupidshady

well, I still dont play no stealther class, and sometimes I am in VRY good/ideal grps, but still we aint a match, I hope with next patch it will help us albs a bit, bit seeing all the nerfs and albs classes aint gonna make it better I guess :((

O

old.BJ|Bored

albs are suffering as rvr is so unbalanced its sod all fun to play which is why albs make the only classes that are fun, which is assasins so makes rvr even more unbalanced ;)

Y

-yoda-

1/ those links just prove alb chars are gimped :)

2/ you state alb is teh suck cos we all play stealthers? please read the list you will see the top 6 are all stealthers and hunter is #8 . so maybe same can be said for other realms .

there is a lot of albs atm jumping ship because our chars sucks :) next patch albs is gonna get weaker because people will se just how uber hibs become and jump ship to them .
as for sorcs how many of you are going to roll a sorc for pvp ? extremely small amount i guess . they all gonan roll bards/healers instead for cc because they are x10 better , as for pointing out one person in particuler as an example of a sorc is pretty dumb . we all know before the real veeshan left she was in emain virtually 24/7 hence any monkey can get a shit load of rps and perfect using there char if they spend enough time . also veeshan tended to get into all the good groups that would protect her because she was one of the 1st "if not THE 1st" sorc to get to lvl 50 . u say nuke sorc . if somebody wanted to make a nuking caster why make a sorc when u can roll a theurg or wizzy ? so making an example of a char due to a particuler person playing it is dumb . i could prolly name or find somebody who is uber with any gimped char u name . wether is be a warrior/ cabby / spirit master / blademaster . in the right hands they can ALL be effective . but because pour chars are gimped "yes it does sound contridicting" they are tough to play to 1005 of its potential and without other chars to support . plenty of people onalb roll suport chars "mins / cleric / pbt theurg" so saying we have non again is silly :) .

i agree to a point though a lot of people are rolling stealthers but these days they are the only viable char for rvr if u in small groups . due to al the zerging going on "from all realms"

anyways ive babbled on to much and im tred so gona stop :)

B

bult

Originally posted by -frostor-
3.think we grow some in organisation then you were an alb but maybe not enough...

Infil have 2.5x specc points.

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by -yoda-
1/ those links just prove alb chars are gimped :)

2/ you state alb is teh suck cos we all play stealthers? please read the list you will see the top 6 are all stealthers and hunter is #8 . so maybe same can be said for other realms .

there is a lot of albs atm jumping ship because our chars sucks :) next patch albs is gonna get weaker because people will se just how uber hibs become and jump ship to them .
as for sorcs how many of you are going to roll a sorc for pvp ? extremely small amount i guess . they all gonan roll bards/healers instead for cc because they are x10 better , as for pointing out one person in particuler as an example of a sorc is pretty dumb . we all know before the real veeshan left she was in emain virtually 24/7 hence any monkey can get a shit load of rps and perfect using there char if they spend enough time . also veeshan tended to get into all the good groups that would protect her because she was one of the 1st "if not THE 1st" sorc to get to lvl 50 . u say nuke sorc . if somebody wanted to make a nuking caster why make a sorc when u can roll a theurg or wizzy ? so making an example of a char due to a particuler person playing it is dumb . i could prolly name or find somebody who is uber with any gimped char u name . wether is be a warrior/ cabby / spirit master / blademaster . in the right hands they can ALL be effective . but because pour chars are gimped "yes it does sound contridicting" they are tough to play to 1005 of its potential and without other chars to support . plenty of people onalb roll suport chars "mins / cleric / pbt theurg" so saying we have non again is silly :) .

i agree to a point though a lot of people are rolling stealthers but these days they are the only viable char for rvr if u in small groups . due to al the zerging going on "from all realms"

anyways ive babbled on to much and im tred so gona stop :)

1/ It proves that albs prefer to play stealthers oppose to non-stealth classes, some alb classes do suck yes but then some middy ones do, not sure about hib though there classes seem to be sweet.

2/I dont recall calling albion sucky, i said i didnt like it and i think in the same post i wished albion the best of luck.

there maybe alot of albs jumping ship so to say because of character specs but i bet an equal amount like myself left because of people in rvr. There are alot of great people in alb but also a staggering amount of arrogant kids.

You mention "why play nuke sorc when they can make fire wizzy", this is one of the "albion attitudes" im referring to, apart from nuke what can a fire wizzy do??? a sorc with 48 body 24 mind can mezz with 300 radius for around 43 seconds, baseline single target mezz,nukes a equal con yellow for 400-600, gets a green con pet to interupt casters which is very useful obviously, has a DoT, debuffs, speed. Thats why people dont make sorcerers cause people think they are gimped cause people tell new people this when they start the game, when really they offer alot.

I never said alb didnt have any support chars, i had a support char, i have said and the posts prove they are there just people prefer to play stealthers cause they make more rp's.

U say stealthers arethe only viable char now cause of all the zerging...yes you will be subjected to constant zergs in emain, but everyone making an inf/scout your not gonna compete are you.

If you look at almost if not every alb on this post they all are making stealthers, instead what do u think if you all had made lv50 sorc instead.....have a think.....im sure even if you albs on this post had lv50 sorc thngs would be better.

I know some albion classes need some work but albion still has some very nice chars that are underplayed. And that isnt mythics fault.

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by -frostor-

1.heheh soooo wrong :) try 2.5
2.i have i wont mention a name on here as its not fair but i have and it was an old guildmate
3.dont really understand this sorry :(

L

-Lonewolf-

Don't mean to be mean here, and I know I have to be impartial, but to be honest most of you are talking utter trash :)

Statistics prove what has been stated by albs over and over, hibs are the more powerful class now, and suppose they deserve it due to total crapness in 1.34 upto 1.45

As for the fact we have too few classes in specific areas, maybe, but personally I think its drivel

I grouped with a group containing 3 sorcs, what happened we ran into mids and got insta mezzed

We released returned ran into a group of hibs and got insta stunned from a mile away then mezzed by a bard

Mezz and Stun rule RvR its a plain fact

I think its hilarious that a simple mez or stun can determine an entire groups fate

But like Konah said being the weaker realm is all the more satisfying when u actually beat a group from another realm

Albion isn't gimped if anyone is gimped its the mids, Melee REALM its suppose to be

They have the worse tank, WARRIOR WTF?!?! Hes total cack

Hunters have been nerfed into oblivion need I go on

Just my 2p no offence intended just my observations from RvRing with First Cohort alot

As for 1.53 hasn't changed much trust me have a skald on Galahad and some characters on Morgan Le Fay and its the same old scenario.

Whats so ludricrous is hibs don't have to spec stun its in their base line!!!!! As for mez they have 2 classes that can stun or mez for serious durations,

Bards and of course Enchanters I believe or mentalists clarify me on that

And lets not go into the AoE dmg can anyone say 700+ per cast

On top of that they have count them 3! 3 classes that can heal!!

Warden, bard, Mentalist, on top of that the PBT can HEAL!! HAHAH
AND OMFG HE CAN FIGHT TOO!!! 2 of those can heal well

Albs problem is they have spread all the abilities out on so many characters that in a group of 8 you just can't get all the necessary skills needed to take a group down so we suffer

Listen I am not moaning that hibs are uber albs are crap, I am just trying to explain why hibs are doing so much better now, and I say good luck to them, god knows they use to get the crap kicked out of them

O

old.FIN

I agree, mids and hibs do have superior tactics and skill to albs.

Not true, Albs have superior tactics also, only prob is that no1 follows the 1's who know those tactics.

I agree that albs dont work together as good as hibs and mids!!

We have kill, we have tactics, but albs r just covered their ears and eyes , most of them just talk, and they dont act fast enough.

Mids/hibs r about 3-4 months ahead of us in organization things GOOD. Albs maybe play best PVE, but they forget all when they enter Castle Sauvage =)

O

old.Garax

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
On top of that they have count them 3! 3 classes that can heal!!

Warden, bard, Mentalist, on top of that the PBT can HEAL!! HAHAH
AND OMFG HE CAN FIGHT TOO!!! 2 of those can heal well

If my math is any good i count 4 classes in hib that can heal, you forgot the good o' druid ;)

K

Kagato.

Oh please, come on. How can you just say one realms tactics is better then another realms ? Not when your talking statistics taken from a larger pool then just Excalibur.

Most of the bloody hibs are ex albs anyway, suddenly changing where you play isn't going to mean that person is suddenly a better tacticien.

Now sure, on a single server it could well be that one realm is under performing in organisation, but if you take figures like those and spread them across the whole of the DAoC community and the same numbers repeat over all the servers then theres a far greater problem then organisation.

People don't split themselves into realms according to playing ability, they go to which realm they like the look off. Your going to get the same percentage of good players as bad players in each realm in relation to its population, so people just saying another realms players suck no matter what server there on, are being quite simply stupid.

Its just plainly obvious from statistics and and simply playing the game that mythics efforts to bring hibs up to power in rvr have been over compensated and that albs are now the underpowered ones, we only got away with it in the past due to higher population numbers and now that isn't enough to compensate for our class weaknesses, and indeed the same can be said for the mids to a lesser extent.

This will simply end up being a vicious circle, months down the road Mythic will finaly realise there mistake and over compensate again, and then it'll be the mids and hibs whining again, and they'll over compensate again and so on.

T

thebinarysurfer

Originally posted by arcofirme

Rofl have you ever played hib? Groups end up waiting sometimes for an hour @ DL for a bard. And as the previously posted links demonstrate - alb has TONS of mezzers - check the sheer number of minstrels! Whether they solo or group is irrelevant - you have tons of them - probably 1/5 of all the albs i run into in emain are minstys.

Yes all hib mage classes get a short duration mezz-stun - so do mids and so do the majority of albs classes. And hib is the 'magical realm' supposedly.

Incidentally i do believe that hibs are now learning some tactics - as were always outnumbered in emain - very rarely can we match let alone exceed alb/mid numbers.
So we either learn fast or die fast - not saying hib is tactially brilliant - we have more than our fair share of idiots - but some ppl have learned and are trying to teach others. Prehaps being the underdog for a while has done some good.

Q

Qte Eth

heh where i saw similar topic?
and yeah ns is n1 !!! rp class -best nuker in game who can stealth
and bm is 10th in that ratings-also very powerfull class one of best hib classes after ns&ment yeha!
why u all albs say u dont have enough sorcs and make whine treads instead of turning an alt sorc to show how u rock?
why hibs and albs have same bard/sorcs numbers and hibs have bards in grps and albs not?
why do u go out in emain wo messer and mids /hibs dont?
if hibs or mids didnt took bards and healers they would also make whine treads like this and say how overpowered other are
and yeah albs have lack of speed too poor boys -their minstrels like to go solo and get uber rp and dont join grps
just fun to read this crap- improve ur tactics a bit and make balanced ,not gimped grps -with mes and speed-before going to rvr and u will work better

C

Cloak_

We released returned ran into a group of hibs and got insta stunned from a mile away then mezzed by a bard

You ran into them from a mile away hmmm

Stun Costs alot of mana and is single target only,, so that grp mustve been 7Mages and 1 Bard ;)

Now Mid Healers,, Thats some serious CC :puke:

O

old.Wildfire

@thebinarysurfer

"probably 1/5 of all the albs i run into in emain are minstys"
Do you not manage to get very far from DL then? on average 1 minstrel for every 2 full groups, that's 1/16.

"Yes all hib mage classes get a short duration mezz-stun - so do mids and so do the majority of albs classes"
Welcome to dark age of camelot, have you been playing everquest or something? alb classes? stun? <blonde> like, hello? </blonde> i dont think the hib stun even needs to be discussed any more

"very rarely can we match let alone exceed alb/mid numbers"
I guess I hallucinated the 70-80-strong AMG-camping hib zergs recently then.

"Incidentally i do believe that hibs are now learning some tactics"
Oops, not zergs, "tactics" - my bad there

Come on that post is just funny :) I haven't heard these kind of claims for months, it's like I've gone back in time... weee!

F

Feldegast

Mezzers in hib are: Bards (best) Light Eld (got AoE, however crappy), Mentas (single)

The thing is with my usual RvR crew(TD) we are pretty much equal to the best RvR squads of the diffrent realms (NP, FC, BC) Its give or take who wins in a 1FG vs 1FG situation (soon we have the upper hand =)

However this shows that with the right players all realms are a good match for eachother. Personaly I think that Mids with their healers should wipe the floors with Albs and Hibs but they dont for some reason. (I hate instants and I actually dont want that 1500 range insta mezz, pbao stun/mezz would have been much better for the balancing sake tbh)

Maybe albs have thier skills a little to spread out to make general good RvR groups, but common the uber groups are out there, follow their example. Still think that hibs benefit from beeing the underdog realm for so long. Not that much has changed since then(ok group purge, but I hardly ever RvR with a druid) after 1.51 some whining are justified BUT WE ARE NOT THERE YET!

my 2 cents

bring the :flame:s on

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
@thebinarysurfer

Do you not manage to get very far from DL then? on average 1 minstrel for every 2 full groups, that's 1/16.

because they normally choose to solo/group with infs for maximum rp's this isnt a game fault its a player fault.

T

thebinarysurfer

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
@thebinarysurfer

"Yes all hib mage classes get a short duration mezz-stun - so do mids and so do the majority of albs classes"
Welcome to dark age of camelot, have you been playing everquest or something? alb classes? stun? <blonde> like, hello? </blonde> i dont think the hib stun even needs to be discussed any more

"very rarely can we match let alone exceed alb/mid numbers"
I guess I hallucinated the 70-80-strong AMG-camping hib zergs recently then.

"Incidentally i do believe that hibs are now learning some tactics"
Oops, not zergs, "tactics" - my bad there

Come on that post is just funny :) I haven't heard these kind of claims for months, it's like I've gone back in time... weee!

Lol bugger off - i meant caster classes and mezz and you know it. Ok i dont know a great deal about caster classes so i could be wrong - but i'm told they get it. If i'm wrong sue me and i'll give you all my money - oh wait you're an alb i cant trade with you - deal off :)

HOWEVER. Are you trying to tell me we reguarly outnumber you in emain? Rofl been going to emain every day now for over two weeks. We've outnumbered the albs or mids there twice - and then only until the alb zerg built up to roughly double our numbers and floored us.
Any other hibs wish to add credence to this?

Example: Today in emain - 32 listed not on anon. RL Mate of mine who plays on alb on this server who i happened to be talking to on the phone at the time i /who emain'ed quoted 76 albs in emain to me. Yeah sure we outnumber you all the time - <ducks flying pig> haven't seen one of them in a while.

<blonde> Like <blonde> pot calling kettle <blonde> hello! ;)

And no before ppl start i'm not bitching about unfair numbers - alls fair - tis an ingame war after all. If you dont like zerg'ing or being zerged go to odins or sauvage where it's difficult to hold/build/lead a zerg 'cause of the terrain.

Incidentally on the minstrels comment - fair point - slight exaggeration there on my part maybe :) However dont even try and claim theres a minstrel shortage - i see plenty every day, usually waving at me before beating the crap into me :)

Users who are viewing this thread