Sun weaps

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
How it works as it is elemental dmg does it better dmg then other 100% qual weap or will 100% qual weap do same/more dmg if i have 51 slash/thrust/crush?

Outlander

Part of the furniture
if I understand what your saying, then it does the same damage as a normal weapon of the same speed/quality not talking into account of ToA % bonuses. The elemental damage refers only to the proc debuff on the weapon and not the actual melee damage. afaik. someone else maybe explain better.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
I understand it =) thx for info

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I understand it, it does energy damage, and not thrust/crush/slash. The debuff on it makes the target weaker vs. your damage-type. It'll still be a crush/thrust/slash weapon, but that only refers to what attack styles you can use with them ( with a Belt of Sun slash version, you'd do energy damage with a slashing weapon, using slash styles )

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
In simple english:

1) All the sun weapons do energy based damage
2) The debuff is an energy debuff, which will make you hit closer to cap! (woot)
3) your weapon skill is based on which weapon type it is. I.E a one handed slash sun weapon takes the WS from the combination of strenght and slash spec!

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
SoulFly said:
In simple english:

1) All the sun weapons do energy based damage
2) The debuff is an energy debuff, which will make you hit closer to cap! (woot)
3) your weapon skill is based on which weapon type it is. I.E a one handed slash sun weapon takes the WS from the combination of strenght and slash spec!
But i want to know about the 2Handers not 1Handers. With 2Handers it normally says slash/thrust/crush damage but its energy dmg so what is the dmg based on?

Bowmaden

Fledgling Freddie
Its worked out the same way as soulfly says

Even a 2h weapon the damage stats are the same as a normal 2h weapon. (for instance a 2h Slasher LW your damage is based on your Str/2h/Slash.)

The only difference with a LW is that it deals Energy damage instead of Crush/Thrust/Slash

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Bowmaden said:
Its worked out the same way as soulfly says

Even a 2h weapon the damage stats are the same as a normal 2h weapon. (for instance a 2h Slasher LW your damage is based on your Str/2h/Slash.)

The only difference with a LW is that it deals Energy damage instead of Crush/Thrust/Slash
Err... and how i know what dmg type it is??? as its only saying its energy dmg :eek7:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Damage type is ENERGY (as previous said twice :p)

You should know the type (ie 2h slash/2h crush/2h thrust) by the name of the weapon.

If you can't work that out i've lost all hope for you :(

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Lets say it else i just want to know on what dmg its based (the minimum dmg) as it dont says slash/crush/thrust damage under what weapon type it is but it says energy dmg so what is the minimum dmg based on?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Rub said:
Lets say it else i just want to know on what dmg its based (the minimum dmg) as it dont says slash/crush/thrust damage under what weapon type it is but it says energy dmg so what is the minimum dmg based on?

As said above (AGAIN) they are EXACTLY like normal 2h weapons, which means the greatswords minimum damage is Slash etc.
IF its a SWORD/AXE its SLASH
IF its a Hammer/Mace its CRUSH
IF its a Warpick its THRUST

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bubble said:
As said above (AGAIN) they are EXACTLY like normal 2h weapons, which means the greatswords minimum damage is Slash etc.
IF its a SWORD/AXE its SLASH
IF its a Hammer/Mace its CRUSH
IF its a Warpick its THRUST

But whats slash/crush/thrust based on?!

;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
The weapons were fixed a few patchs ago :|

Most people just use the tiny bit of daoc knowledge they have to guess that a sword is a slash weapon :(

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
-_________________-

This must be the work of a forum troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom