Summon spec Spiritmaster

H

Hufner

They are awsome to xp with :D
Though I've only reached 20 with my summon sm, she's been pulling orange and red with small risk of dying since level 5 :)
Actually, lower than orange con, and you bring too much downtime on yourself...

edit: After I got a shaman to buff the pet, I soloed purples easily as well ;)

Summon line gives you a nice pet-dmg shield, pet buffs (and res...)

O

Old Nicodemus

A Summoning specced SM is the games ultimate PvE char. If you go to 50 summ you can actually tackle WoW's with only a healer to help.

If you try to RvR you'll be sadly gimped.

D

Darkov

Matter Cab > Summon SM :D

I think a well spec'd Bonedancer would give a Summon SM a run for it's money too, and a Necro... maybe Enchanter too.

Simple fact is, a well spec'd pet class will own at PvE, but they tend to always be gimped in PvP because of the spec, hence why a Matter just rules, cause one spec is good for both :)

C

Carnalito

Don't think u can spec a bd to own a WoW m8.

Summoning SM = teh ultimate farming char

Seen Summoning SM do 8 wraiths at the time farming boi's etc etc :>>

F

Fex

Rild and Rarn (Cami or Smashah) depending on which alt you know do this quite alot, Rild has a full summon specced SM and of course Rarn has his healer. They can farm just about anything they want too. So summ SM seems to be the best for PvE atleast in Midgard

T

trigali

So what is the accepted spec for a summoning SM ?

Summ 50 / Sup 20 / Dark 4 ??

O

old.Bubble

Spirit Spec cabaists are very good
they are Very good pets with the Damage add, haste ,str/con and Dex/qui bonus that are in the spirit line...they also have a body 50% debuff so a spirit/body cabbie will be the hardest nuker in Albion...scary...lucky theres only one in albion(soon 2)

T

trigali

You kidding ? Suppression specced SMs not only have the best pbaoe in the game, they are debuff kings.

They rock.

The only problem is that, since a debuff is not something immediately visible to the group members, and pbaoe scares the shit out of most, they are often a misunderstood class.

Ah bah !

R

Roo Stercogburn

SMs have by far the best debuffs in Mid.

Dark gives you baseline dex and specline dex/qui debuff. Sup gives you baseline str and specline str/con debuff.
Sup spec also gives you an attack speed debuff.

Note the specline debuffs area ae and the str/con actually has a nice big radius on it (400 if I remember right, only 350 on dex/qui). Also note, the spec and baseline insta debuffs are on different timers so you can really knock those babies out in a fight.

A dark spec SM debuffs something, it isn't going to evade/block a whole lot for the next 60 seconds. Sup spec SM debuffs will almost root tanks in place because they will often encumber them so much.

However, I'd probably recommend dark as secondary line for sum spec SM, since you have your baseline nuke on this and it will help even up the damage though its a tossup, since the str/con debuff will mean you have to heal your pet less in PvE, which is the only area sum spec is really good.

There is nothing offensively useful on the summoning line for RvR to date. The only token nod was the rez added at spec 23 a few patches ago.

If Mythic change the damage shield at higher spec levels to non-focus then possibly you would have something you could do. Standing still = dead as everyone knows.

F

Fafnir

Was thinking of goin summoning to 40 the respec supp, but then again this will be my 4th try on a sm :)

S

Svartur

How about leaving summoning at 40? Have one rising in levels and I am gonna use it for PvE since hunter is neither fun nor good in pve.
But should I go all the way to 50 summoning or maybe stop at 40 and have a decent second line for some fun? ;)

P

pudzy

Originally posted by Darkov
Matter Cab > Summon SM :D

I think a well spec'd Bonedancer would give a Summon SM a run for it's money too, and a Necro... maybe Enchanter too.

Simple fact is, a well spec'd pet class will own at PvE, but they tend to always be gimped in PvP because of the spec, hence why a Matter just rules, cause one spec is good for both :)

Naw... BD vs wow = resist spam. SM damage shield hits when they get hit, doesnt resist. In a duel tho a BD would shamefully embaress the sm.

R

Roo Stercogburn

In a pet duel Sum spec SM would win faster than you can say omgnerfdamageshield, full duel Boney probably.

I say probably because SM still has some mez and root at his disposal. Mez healing pet(s) then go for it. Would be interesting fight though.

S

SilverHood

for the dmg shield to work, you actually have to hit the pet right?

D

Damon_D

Aye thats why Roo said in a PET duel..if you ignorre the pet the dmg shield can be 5000 dps and it will do the sm no good.

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by Svartur
How about leaving summoning at 40? Have one rising in levels and I am gonna use it for PvE since hunter is neither fun nor good in pve.
But should I go all the way to 50 summoning or maybe stop at 40 and have a decent second line for some fun? ;)

That sounds like a good plan Svar ;) You can get another line up to about 34/35 and still have a bit left over to stick in a third line. My Sm was Specced 42 Supp/32 dark/11 summ. Good all round spec to be useful in most places :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

I remember when SMs finally got rez, all the SMs gathered around and went Yay! then realised it was specline.

The whole point of Spirit Masters is raising souls of fallen warriors to fight again for their realm. Rez is completely in keeping with this logic, though I disagree with it having to be specced. I have the rez but that was by coincedence, I was after something else a couple of levels up from it ;)

Compare this to Hib where 3 classes (Wardens, Bards, Druids) get baseline rez and I think Alb has 3 baseline rezzes (Clerics, Friars, Paladins) as well. (I might be wrong about Alb, anyone confirm this for me?)

And for RvR purposes, an ability thats only any use after people are dead is kinda, well, a fairly small bone to throw a character class if they take that specline as their primary line. If the summoning line allowed a damage shield that was non-focus, or gave spirit pet ranged attacks or any other number of different things that would stop it being useless for RvR 90% of the time the summoning line could finally be considered fixed. Its a whole debate on its own, I don't want to hijack a thread to talk about it :)

Only 2 types of SM are likely to have rez: Darkmasters and Summoners. Sup SMs (for pbae) need to get their darkness spec up to try and balance out their ranged nuke a bit, so Sum as secondary line is usually a bad idea. Since you aren't going to see Summoners in RvR very often that leaves Darkmasters.

I can count on one hand the number of Darkmasters I know in game and of them, some have gone inactive.

So making the rez specline was really Indian Giving for Midgard.

Offtopic: I really gotta learn to do short posts. Even I'm getting annoyed with me :D

Z

zapzap

Gonna kick in a question here :)

Was dueling an other sm yesterday pet v pet, iam 49 sup+ dark+5 sum he was 44 sup 24 sum+dark.
My pet beat his pet very easy still had 65 % hp left.
So is the debuffs not worth more then the damage shield ect ?
or does it really matter what kind of pet u make ?

Careless
Zapsi
Zapsis

R

Roo Stercogburn

The weapon makes a difference: so maybe you had a thrust weapon for pet when you summoned and opponent didn't?

The bit I'm not sure of is if the debuffs would affect the damage shield in any kind of way. Attack speed debuff might, I can't see str or dex having any effect.

Also, though they are insta, if you cast debuffs it cancels your focus on the damage shield (found this out the hard way :D). Was opponent actually using damage shield? If not, the only benefit from the summoning line is extra dex and str buffs, which your debuffs would easily negate.

If you were having a pet fight and someone with high sum didn't use the damage shield, er, they might want to rethink how they play :D

Btw when I pet fight, I don't debuff or do anything that directly affects opponent. Just Junior, his standard pet buffs and the damage shield. This isn't tactic though, its principle. Never pet duelled with both sides using debuffs, it might be interesting to try :)

Users who are viewing this thread