Summon sm question

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
In case summ sm has ml9 pet and also has jugg2, would respecing jugg2 to wild pet 3 be worth it?

Jugg2 only lasts 1 min, ml9 pet with 25% spell duration lasts 6 min, reuse time for jugg2 is 15 min, for ml9 pet its 10 min.

In hard encounters its handy ofc to pop jugg2 up, incase the ml9 wore off, but if the critical damage of pet benefit is significant is the jugg2 worth to sacrifice in hopes of getting better pet dmg output?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Depends what you are doing, personally I kept jugg2 for extended high level pet only, and on a lot of mobs like sally and the CB mobs, the pet doesnt do a lot of hitting, its the damage sheild doing most of the work, so wild minion prolly wont be as useful IMO.

Personally Id rather go MOM or serenity for longer power, but I would say wild minion is one of the last I would choose.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
Depends what you are doing, personally I kept jugg2 for extended high level pet only, and on a lot of mobs like sally and the CB mobs, the pet doesnt do a lot of hitting, its the damage sheild doing most of the work, so wild minion prolly wont be as useful IMO.

Personally Id rather go MOM or serenity for longer power, but I would say wild minion is one of the last I would choose.

Txs for comments, I however do have 69% in power pool got jacina's sash, tartaros gift and strong barrels of power at my disposal, you think I'd still need more power? just a question, no offense meant :)

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i like to have jugger2 on my summ sm, and tartaros, js, and 75 % power pool! it's also nice if you want to lvl arti's in poc :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Txs for comments, I however do have 69% in power pool got jacina's sash, tartaros gift and strong barrels of power at my disposal, you think I'd still need more power? just a question, no offense meant :)

Ra's stones come cheap, why not test it?

imo jugg lasting 1 minut aint worth 15points. thought it would been longer.

u can spend 5pt in mcl and 10pt for Wild minion 3. Depends ofcourse, so i would say go test it out

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
vavires said:
Ra's stones come cheap, why not test it?

imo jugg lasting 1 minut aint worth 15points. thought it would been longer.

u can spend 5pt in mcl and 10pt for Wild minion 3. Depends ofcourse, so i would say go test it out

Yes, ofc :) - I'll try it out, I just wanted to hear ppl's opinion after all this is discussion forum related to DAoC :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Yes, ofc :) - I'll try it out, I just wanted to hear ppl's opinion after all this is discussion forum related to DAoC :)

Ofc, and imo 1minut for jugg? is not worth it, not for pve that is

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I have choosen jugg2. Very useful as a backup.

Currently I have this I think:

Elding Vakten (R4 L9) Realm Points: 475,475
Total Points: 39 Unused Points: 1

(2) Serenity +2 pwr/tick
(2) Ethereal Bond +40 max power
(2) Mystic Crystal Lore +50 % power restored non-combat, 180s resuse
(2) Juggernaut +20 lvl increase in pet level, 60s dur, 15m RUT

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
My sum SM have this setup

(2) Serenity +2 pwr/tick
(4) Ethereal Bond +130 max power
(1) Wild Minion +3 % pet critical hit
(3) Mystic Crystal Lore +80 % power restored non-combat, 180s resuse

Ethereal Bond is nice because it adds on your base pp which means your +%pp have more power to add that percentage on :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I am coming to a conclusion that albeit the jugg2 is nice backup - if one has the ml9 pet, fine - invest the RAs to things like wild minion, ethereal bond, maybe serenity + mcl, depending ofc on few things:
-what RR is the sum sm
-do you farm with fop bot
-does summ sm has power regen arties and/or charge items, power barrels/power potions

In my case, I think I'll respec to wild minion 3, and see hows the encounter's times shorten as of result of that. Tho like mentioned here above, the dmg shield is what does the most dmg, but ofc the pet's dmg has its influence, and shouldn't be underestimated..

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
Group with a aug healer and pop celerity for added pet dmg, maybe something that you already do?

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Varg_exc said:
Group with a aug healer and pop celerity for added pet dmg, maybe something that you already do?

No, I farm solo with my bb, and haven't got the will to roll an aug healer (at this point atleast) for my 2nd account (got 2 accounts only) - and use that instead of bb.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ixoth said:
Non taken, I see where you are coming from. As I said before, depending on what you are tanking, as to how much your pet actually hits the mob with a mellee attack, from Runihara to Sally, if you watch your pet actually does very little in the way of mellee attacks, its your sheild doing the work. In order, I would say the same as xxManiacxx, keeping your power full at much as possible.

Jugg2 is handy some of the time, but not all, so it depends which way you would rather go, less mana use or the slight chance of hitting a mob, id rather go for the passive approach.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks guys and galls for the tips, this question brought up nice little discussion of the issue which imho isn't that trivial to solve, however with these tips I should figure out the optimal summ sm farmer :)

Txs again.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
does it still work fi you pop ml9 and then juggo 2, then the pet will be ml9'ed and juggo 2'ed for 6 mins?

raid

Can't get enough of FH
depends what you do ;) for many single mobs 1 ml9 is enough. but if you PL in poc or farm scrolls, imo jugger is well worth it... gives 1 extra pull, less downtime then.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Megarevs said:
does it still work fi you pop ml9 and then juggo 2, then the pet will be ml9'ed and juggo 2'ed for 6 mins?

Yeah it works - it wont do anything good tho - you get one large mother pet, but thats all benefits you get :) - and yes it looks cool to have such large pet, but looks isn't everything in this game hehe (if you cast it on troll pet) :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
If you pop jugger first, then just before the timer runs out (1min + any dur you have) pop ML9, I understand you end up with a level 70 pet for the duration of the ML9 as opposed to a level 64 pet (ML9 and jugger2 both give 20 levels on a pet and 70 is the hard cap).

Cant say I ever noticed that much difference tbh, but when juger2 was up it was nice to reduce downtime to around a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom