Suggestions for 2nd PC

B

bigfoot

Suggestions for new PC

Had a brush with death this morning (my birthday no less) when my PC went very ill and trying to load it up came up with bluescreen and a non-helpful error message.

After six hours of fiddling (including replacing HD's to see if it was a hardware issue) I eventually tried to reinstall XP (for first time since November 2001) and that worked, fortunately I didn't lose any information, it could have been caused by one of the many high profile virus things around at the moment but I'm worried it was something more serious than that (iffy HD or mobo perhaps) so I'm looking to get a cheap and cheerful system which I can use as backup in similar situations again. I want a pre-built cos I cannae be bothered messing around with bits any more, spec of around 2.4ghz, 512mb ram, 80gb hd, gf3 or above, soundcard & network card. Not sure if one of those shuttle things from that thread below might be appropriate but if anyone can recommend a good, reliable place that can get me the above for under £600 or so would be much appreciated.

I

Insane

you could try dell but youd be dawmed to get a decent spec machine from them at that price.

Novatech have the Bravo Pro range at a decent price, the XP Pro 2500 FX comes in at a £504.07 without a monitor

or if your up for a challenge, do a blueprint PC from them.

K

kameleon

found this for you Dave. I use Europa all the time , very friendly company and no quibbles when there is a problem (which is very rare)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom