Subscription Problems

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If you have a problem with your subscription or your account, read this first before making a new thread.

You need a new password for either the subs page or the game
To get a new subs password go to the official site and click on the 'Subscription' button at the top, just below the banner. Click on 'Account' and then 'Password Lost'. Enter the registered email address for the account and a time limited email will be sent to you. You must click on the link in the email within one hour of recieving it or it will expire and you will need to request it again. The link will display your new subs password. To get a new game password, log into the account section and click on the 'Game Password' link on the left. Select the account you need a password from the dropdown and you will recieve a time-limited email as for the subs password.

This process should be pretty much instant. Sometimes webmail services takes a little while to refresh but mostly you should recieve the emails within minutes of requesting them.

You cannot access your registered email
If you need new passwords but your email address is no longer valid or someone has hacked your email and you need to change the email address for security, you will need to email subscription(at)goa(dot)com withthe following info:
  • Account name
  • Real name (as it appears in the registered details)
  • Real address (again as per the registered details)
  • CD-keys that you used to create the account
  • Original email address (as per registered details)
  • New email address
Clearly state the reason for needing to change the email address and be ready to answer additional questions about your ownership of the account if the subscription service need them. They will be able to change the registered email address for you and you can then request new passwords as above. Depending on their workload, they will answer within a couple of days. Do not keep reopening your query through RightNow as this will simply push it further down the queue and mean you will wait longer for an answer. If you have several sets of CD-keys and don't know which keys are for which account just send in all the ones that you have and the subscription service will be able to sort them out for you.

You've sent an email to subs or are waiting for the automatic email and had no reply
Firstly check to see that your email address is spelled correctly in the subscription pages and is a valid address. If it is wrong you will need to ask the subscription service to change it as above. Next check your junk or bulkmail folders and any filters that you or your ISP/mail host may have in place. Emails from us come from a noreply address and many mail clients or ISPs (especially webmail services such as Hotmail) will filter these automatically unless you specifically tell them not to. Make sure that the goa.com domain is added to your white lists and that there are no filters applied by your mail provider.

You cannot access Rightnow as your game login is invalid
You use your game login to access RightNow. If your game login is good for the game but invalid when trying to login to Rightnow there are two explanations for this.
1: You have more than one game account with the same email address. In this case you should be able to log in with your other account. Just be sure to clearly state the account you are having problems with if you log into RigthNow using a different account. You can fix ths problem yourself by changing the email address in your registered details so that both accounts are linked to different email addresses. You do not need to contact us to do this as long as you have access to the original email address.
2: You have changed your game password previously and RightNow has not updated with this change. In this case you should still be able to log in with your old password if you still know it. Otherwise simply send an email to the subscription service asking them to synchronise your RightNow account. Be sure to give them the correct account details.

You are getting a message that says 'Invoice in Progress' when trying to resubscribe
This means that a previous attempt to pay has failed and the system is blocking you for a period as an anti-fraud measure. Firstly, navigate away from the site and clear your browser cache to ensure that you are not seeing a cached page. To do this in Internet Explorer go to 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' and 'delete all temporary content'. In Firefox go to 'Tools' then 'Options' then 'Privacy' and 'Clear Cache'. Go back to the Subscription site, if you are still getting the message you will need to wait for it to clear. It will do this by itself after a few hours.

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
renewing account

After having problems renewing my account it seemed that I may be on the point of solving them by supplying information. UNFORTUNATELY when I go to the site provided by the link in the e.mail from GoA the support section tells me that my user id and or password is not valid. YET this is the same user id and password that allows me to enter my subscription account...so how do I now pass the information to GoA? Is there a telephone number which I can use please?

IainC

kaedrick2 said:
After having problems renewing my account it seemed that I may be on the point of solving them by supplying information. UNFORTUNATELY when I go to the site provided by the link in the e.mail from GoA the support section tells me that my user id and or password is not valid. YET this is the same user id and password that allows me to enter my subscription account...so how do I now pass the information to GoA? Is there a telephone number which I can use please?
Requiel said:
You use your game login to access RightNow.
Your subs login is only used for the subscription site. For RightNow you use your game logins. If you don't know what any of your logins are then you will need to get new ones as described in the first post.

If you don't have access to the registered email address for your account, then you need to email subscription, again as described in the first post.

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you, however it will not let me in to that site when I use my game login either. Not only that but when I ask for another password it states that my user name is not recognised. I can play the game with it so do not understand why this is happening which is very frustrating.

Wuntvor

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Requiel,

I'm trying to access my Subs account page but my old subs login and P/W don't work. I have requested a new one to be mailed to me but I am not getting the mail through. I thoroughly checked that the e-mail address was correct before hitting the button. I have checked that "noreply@goa.com" is not being filtered or blocked by my ISP/mail server (which I know it isn't because I received a subscription auto renewal mail not long ago). I have also checked that my mail address is receiving mails by sending a test mail from another email address.

I'm kinda of stuck as to what to do next........ any help would be greatly appreciated :)

IainC

Both of you will need to email the subscription service I'm afraid. There's nothing else I can suggest if the automated systems aren't working for you.

Wuntvor

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Both of you will need to email the subscription service I'm afraid. There's nothing else I can suggest if the automated systems aren't working for you.

Will do, thanks for the rapid response :cheers:

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for your help. This may be a silly question but do you have an e.mail address for the subscription service please. I ask this because, as stated in a previous post, the support service site will not accept my subscription or game login user names or passwords.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
If you need to get ahold of the subscription team but can't get into RightNow you can email subscription@goa.com be very clear with what your problem is and be patient, that department deals with all Euro subscribers.

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you, you have been very patient and very helpful, I am most grateful.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
You are getting a message that says 'Invoice in Progress' when trying to resubscribe
This means that a previous attempt to pay has failed and the system is blocking you for a period as an anti-fraud measure. Firstly, navigate away from the site and clear your browser cache to ensure that you are not seeing a cached page. To do this in Internet Explorer go to 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' and 'delete all temporary content'. In Firefox go to 'Tools' then 'Options' then 'Privacy' and 'Clear Cache'. Go back to the Subscription site, if you are still getting the message you will need to wait for it to clear. It will do this by itself after a few hours.[/QUOTE]

If you set it for 1 hour thats enough anti-fraud or not? waiting for more then 4 hours and still getting the invoice in progress msg. and that only because i did spaces between CC number

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Just got the most stupid reply of Rightnow, they send me, If you still got that problem reply us.... I replied still cant renew!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Blow said:
Just got the most stupid reply of Rightnow, they send me, If you still got that problem reply us.... I replied still cant renew!

Exactly the same I just got.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
If you have a problem with your subscription or your account, read this first before making a new thread.

You cannot access your registered email
If you need new passwords but your email address is no longer valid or someone has hacked your email and you need to change the email address for security, you will need to email subscription(at)goa(dot)com withthe following info:

• Account name
  • Real name (as it appears in the registered details)
  • Real address (again as per the registered details)
  • CD-keys that you used to create the account
  • Original email address (as per registered details)
  • New email address
Clearly state the reason for needing to change the email address and be ready to answer additional questions about your ownership of the account if the subscription service need them. They will be able to change the registered email address for you and you can then request new passwords as above. Depending on their workload, they will answer within a couple of days. Do not keep reopening your query through RightNow as this will simply push it further down the queue and mean you will wait longer for an answer. If you have several sets of CD-keys and don't know which keys are for which account just send in all the ones that you have and the subscription service will be able to sort them out for you.

Oh hell! i am unable to access the registered email for my subs, i have sent a email to the subs email, but i dont have my cd-keys, the booklets are on the other side of the world!

Please dont tell me i have lost everything.....

Khalesh

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if anyone can help me or has had a similar problem but here goes:

I have been trying to renew my 2 DAoC accounts for several weeks now. I can log into my accounts on the subscription pages but whenever i try to pay for my subscriptions i get the error message "An error has occured please try again later".

I mean i select my subscription period, click validate and always get the error message above.

I have tried at different times of the day and different days of the week but i always get the message above.

I have contacted subscription@goa.com various times but they always come back to me saying make sure you have your cookies on accept all, security low blah blah blah ..... try from a different computer.

I have told them the following:

1) I have tried from my 2 home pcs and i cant renew my accounts.
2) I have tried from 2 work pcs and nothing.
3) I have tried form a friends pc and nothing.

More importantly:

4) I have been able to renew my accounts from my home pc in the past so why cant i do it now?
5) I gave my login details to a trusted frined who was renewing his accounts. He was able to renew his accounts but he could not renew mine. I mine THIS surely must mean that there is something wrong with my accounts at goa NOT my pc settings.

I have asked goa if there is any contactnumber i can ring and speak to someone on the phone but they never came back to me on that one either.

I am at my wits end ...BLOODY GOA ...... so anyways before this deteriorates into a full blown flame/rant post can anyone suggest what i should try next?

Also does anyone have a telephone number i can ring a speak to someone?

Thanks

Heironeous

Fledgling Freddie
Khalesh, I know the feeling... I have the same problem, only I trust they'll get my account working.

I bet they will get yours up and running as well, we just need to have patience...

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I have a major problem with all this.

GOA want people to return, but turn this whole thing about returning is just a nightmare.

Obviously over time, emails addresses change/passwords get lost, yet getting a subscription@goa.com to understand that you want to change your email address, because you can't

A. Get to your old email address
B. Emails from Goa are being blocked by your internet provider. Yes this does happen, especially if GOA uses the same gateway as the rest of their wanadoo network. And at some point a machine in that network has been used for spam attacks.

Requiel I think its time you sat your people down at subscription@goa.com and made the understand, why people want to change their email addresses, because some of them really don't understand.

I have a friend who is trying to active and old account, has explained in 2 or 3 emails over the process of a week and each time they come back and say use "EMAIL PASSWORD" .... How hard is it,.

C. The "Invoice In Progress" message, it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds for this to process a credit card. If someone has got their card details wrong, get the website to come back and tell them something was wrong.

Snox

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
This means that a previous attempt to pay has failed and the system is blocking you for a period as an anti-fraud measure. Firstly, navigate away from the site and clear your browser cache to ensure that you are not seeing a cached page. To do this in Internet Explorer go to 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' and 'delete all temporary content'. In Firefox go to 'Tools' then 'Options' then 'Privacy' and 'Clear Cache'. Go back to the Subscription site, if you are still getting the message you will need to wait for it to clear. It will do this by itself after a few hours.

Been waiting 8hours now still cant resubscribe :( 8 hours just dont seem like a few hours to me ;)

Tried most thinks I can think off starting to loos hope =)

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
OMG after all these years why is GOA's subscription, rightnow and game account system fo FUBAR'd and archaic, do they want people to come back or not, cmon even Sony get this bit right:twak:

santacruz

Fledgling Freddie
I just bought ToA and Catacombs online since I wanted to start to play again but now I get the "invoice in progress"-thing even though it says that I have the Catacombs license activated, whats up with that? If my payment have failed why did it activate and why did they send the CD-keys etc? Have waited for quite a while and still can't activate my subscribtion.

J

Jharred

Same problem here, have two accounts decided to come back amd try catacombs , so downloaded client, and try to activate catacombs. On the 1 account i cant activate as it says " invoice in progress " from when i re subscribed. ( have already recieved verification e-mail, so card was accepted ) Ahh cunning plan i thought ill buy cata on my other account and use the key on the first, but no no, payed for key on the account but it automatically ties it to the account, and i cant subscribe to that account either as INVOICE IN PROGRESS from effing paying for catacombs!!! lol 2 accounts and cant play either for god knows how long. What is the real world time for verification to clear ? anyone. Baring in mind its a saturday. Such a retared method, do the even want people to come back to the game!

santacruz

Fledgling Freddie
Jharred said:
Same problem here, have two accounts decided to come back amd try catacombs , so downloaded client, and try to activate catacombs. On the 1 account i cant activate as it says " invoice in progress " from when i re subscribed. ( have already recieved verification e-mail, so card was accepted ) Ahh cunning plan i thought ill buy cata on my other account and use the key on the first, but no no, payed for key on the account but it automatically ties it to the account, and i cant subscribe to that account either as INVOICE IN PROGRESS from effing paying for catacombs!!! lol 2 accounts and cant play either for god knows how long. What is the real world time for verification to clear ? anyone. Baring in mind its a saturday. Such a retared method, do the even want people to come back to the game!

For the invoice in progress lasted for about 10 hours, when I then resubscribed I got the same invoice in progress message again, but I could still play, so hopefully you can start playing soon.

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Is there a problem with the Subs menu from the DAOC homepage. Trying to log in and getting told Page not found?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
clear your internet history/cookies etc and give it another go

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Still no joy. Gonna use my laptop later. MY IE keeps on saying page at website not found. But i am able to get into rightnow.

B

Betrayal

Read your PMs Requiel pls, waiting for an answer (hope for a solution as well).

Cecilia

Fledgling Freddie
Tried to pay my account today, got an e-mail that said "Payment failure", but the money has been drawn from my bank account and I still can´t get into daoc. What´s up with that?

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Yo there. Me still having probs getting into subs from DAOC home page. You are not the only one .

sirluke

Fledgling Freddie
i have a problem, returning after 2 years to daoc, loging in the subscription window, select to pay the account , and i get an email that says payment failure , try another time same thing!!!!, the credit card work with other MMORPG's .what gives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom