Sub Forums in the General Forum

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Don't you think they're getting a little out of hand now? On my laptop the General threads don't even show on the screen when i open the General forum until I scroll down.

I'm sure the consoles could have entirely their own forum, as could imaging, that could even be sub subsection in Hardware, based on it's photographic starting point. It would also stand more chance of not being invaded by idiots if it was moved a little away from General.

I just feel with all the announcements, stickys and sub-forums, this is getting a little frustrating to navigate.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We could move the subforums up to the top level I guess.

Any comments anyone?

/have moved consoles to the top level.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
*votes again for photography/imaging to migrate to software/hardware forums*

heh

:D

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I think that Imaging is okay here. You'll get a broader range of feedback if it's located under the General forum.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Keep it where it is or if it has to be moved the move it up to top level.

Clown

Part of the furniture
There's still too many things at the top, the threads don't even start on my 'big' pc ;)

1024 x 768 :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What about moving Films, books and music into a top level forum called Entertainment? or something similar or does that sound like utter bollox?

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
What about moving Films, books and music into a top level forum called Entertainment? or something similar or does that sound like utter bollox?

Sounds like a good idea :)

Maybe have an Art one, then have Computer Generated, Photos, Drawings and Paintings etc as sub-forums (not sure how much use they'd get, but its just an idea).

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Cdr said:
Sounds like a good idea :)

Maybe have an Art one, then have Computer Generated, Photos, Drawings and Paintings etc as sub-forums (not sure how much use they'd get, but its just an idea).

You just want to show off your watercolours ;)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
How come there are no categories? Just forums with sub-forums?

Why not have an entertainment category and bung all the entertainment forums in that?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Change the freddyshouse graphic so its wider and not so tall. There are also 2x new thread buttons.

If you made the 'last post' column wider, and stopped the text from wrapping, that would free up lots of space. Also, what about moving the user cp etc line from the top, to the bottom, as its rarely used for most people?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I use the top menu bar with usercp etc quite a lot. I am sure other do as well, its a bit of an assumption to assume its rarely used.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ch3tan said:
I use the top menu bar with usercp etc quite a lot. I am sure other do as well, its a bit of an assumption to assume its rarely used.
There are a lot of assumptions flying around tbh.

/me uses the bar, doesn't understand what's general about imagery, wonders if Deebs will give him back his Mod status now the Consoles forum is back (and access :p) & why forums are springing up like weeds for subjects which seem to only have like 3 threads :/

(Note: this is not to say these things are wrong, just that I confuse easily)

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
Change the freddyshouse graphic so its wider and not so tall. There are also 2x new thread buttons.

If you made the 'last post' column wider, and stopped the text from wrapping, that would free up lots of space. Also, what about moving the user cp etc line from the top, to the bottom, as its rarely used for most people?
Aye, will sort this out sometime this week probably, do a proper one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom