Stupidly slow zoning times

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
recently upgraded my system to;

3ghz p4 prescott
1gig 233 ddr
160gb maxxtor 7200 SATA hd
radeon 9700

all other apps run fine, but daoc in duel log (using clientsleep) i experience zoning times of 5-10 minutes which is VERY annoying, my last system was a 2.8p4 and was quite smooth with 2 accs, anyone have any idea whats slowing it all down?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:

3ghz p4 prescott
1gig 233 ddr
radeon 9700

all other apps run fine, but daoc in duel log (using clientsleep) i experience zoning times of 5-10 minutes which is VERY annoying, my last system was a 2.8p4 and was quite smooth with 2 accs, anyone have any idea whats slowing it all down?

If your problem is the same as the one I had, open up your firewall for UDP to GOA's subnets. That fixed it for me. (My problem wasn't in dual log, but does yours only happen then?)

Darzil

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
aye, mines only in duel log. with a single client its smooth as anything

Himse

FH is my second home
use your old parts and build a 2nd pc? :D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:

3ghz p4 prescott
1gig 233 ddr
radeon 9700

Do you use two game folders? or one game folder for both instances of the game?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Do you use two game folders? or one game folder for both instances of the game?

yep two different folders. DR for my main acc, and toa for my bot

also, cant afford a 2nd pc :) would need new ram/gfx card and some kind of monitor :p cant afford that

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
yep two different folders. DR for my main acc, and toa for my bot

also, cant afford a 2nd pc :) would need new ram/gfx card and some kind of monitor :p cant afford that
How about Hyperthreading? do you have it turned on? If so, set one game instance to the first "cpu" and the other to the second "cpu", and don't use clientsleep then... Or Disable HT and use clientsleep background. perhaps that might make somewhat a difference

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
How about Hyperthreading? do you have it turned on? If so, set one game instance to the first "cpu" and the other to the second "cpu", and don't use clientsleep then... Or Disable HT and use clientsleep background. perhaps that might make somewhat a difference

Can you tell me how i check if HT is turned on / off, and how to turn it on / off? :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
FAM87 said:
Can you tell me how i check if HT is turned on / off, and how to turn it on / off? :)
I wish I could but I myself have an AMD and here at work I don't have the privileges to access the settings :p
I just know that in some occasions it can cause problems :)

Perhaps someone with a HT pentium can enlighten us on this?

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Oh yes, i am running a P4 2.8GHZ CPU with a mainboard that supports

Socket 478 supports Intel Pentium 4 and Celeron processors
at 800, 533 or 400 FSB
supports Hyper-Threading
supports Northwood and Prescott core
does not support Willamette (1.3~2.0 GHz, 256kB L2)

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
HT is turned on/off in your BIOS (CPU settings or st like that);
easiest way to check HT state is to CTRL+ALT+DEL to task manager and check CPU load... if you have 2 CPUs there will be 2 separated bars (ie each of them showing different load).

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
It does show two separate bars, one on the rigth, and one on the left, thanks =)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
If you want to assign a tsk to 1 processor or the other, go into Task manager right click on the program running in Ptocesses and sellect processor affinity.

BUT DONT DO THIS ON A P4ht becuase u will more than likey just crash your PC, please remember the seccond processor its a logical Processor not a real one.

altho its fine todo in a P4 D,

I have also been getting the same probelm as stoner and I havebeen getting it since 1.82 :/ cba to see whats wrong with my PC atm. to much effort.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Sorted it on my PC, my Swap file was fragmented to hell have move it to another HDD and no probelms xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom