Stupid Warlock Questions

Galdora

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

Sorry if these are really thick questions, but wanna ask before I think about a template.

1. Does %casting speed or dex capping work on warlocks? Or not, as all spells are fixed at 4 secs or instant?

2. Does bonus to spell duration do any good, on say dot's for instance?

3. Apart from power pool, hp cap, and piety cap, what else is worth bothering with? Spell range and damage I guess. Anything else?

That's all folk. TIA.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Dexcap and castspeed affect all witchcraftprimers, so you should get those capped or as close as possible. I wouldnt bother with spellduration tho.

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think you have to bother so much about power pool, because most Warlock spells cost % of your power, so it dont matter if you got low power or high.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
JackHeart said:
Dont think you have to bother so much about power pool, because most Warlock spells cost % of your power, so it dont matter if you got low power or high.

They cost % of your base power, so the bigger your powerpool is, the better.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
1. What noaim said, dex and cast speed affects primers, but not when you cast normally, like start casting a dd/bolt then adding a secondary, they still take 4 sec to cast no matter how much you tweak.

2. Locks have few duration based spells (dot, pow regen and snare) so not really worth it, try getting in other things like spell dmg/cast speed etc :)

3. Personally im gonna try getting decent cast speed/spell dmg/spell range/ pie and dex cap and maybe even some con cap + shitloads of power %. As noaim said, % costs are from base power. For example, I can almost cast 5 uninterruptable casts atm, even tho the cost for that is 40%.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
here's the answer i got a few days back. asked about wc spells and dex. and Power procentage bonus

Response (CM) 04/19/2005 09:26 PM
Greetings,
Thank you for the query. Plus power items do not allow for additional casts with Witchcraft spells. The cost is a fixed percentage of your total power including all bonuses.
Dexterity and +cast time items will affect castng time for Primers but not Chambers or any Cursing spells (spec or baseline).

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
My uninteruptable primer cost 40% power. I can cast 4 of those on 1 powerbar. The European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager is wrong.

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
I also stronly recommend you go the the VN boards class specific boards if you want decent tested data.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
JackHeart said:

wrong

spells cost % of BASE power not the due to toa shit modified power

Lethul

FH is my second home
noaim said:
My uninteruptable primer cost 40% power. I can cast 4 of those on 1 powerbar. The European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager is wrong.

such a suprise that they are wrong :eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom