Question Stupid math....

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
... If the last number is 19 and not 29 it's possible because 18 + 12, 7 + 8 + 15 and 19 + 11 all equal 30.

I was just about to say the same thing :) If that is the typo then everything he's said just works. Even / equal result, all numbers used, just using add.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just a kids math problem? I think it means that the number in each pot has to be an even number. Not that each pot has to have the same number in it.

So one pot has all three even numbers in it. And the other two have two odd numbers in each ?

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Put the balls in the three cups. It doesn't have to be an equal amount of balls in each cup, but the sum of the balls must be the same.
You can't use decimals.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
ok that's really confusing, there has to be a mistake with one of those numbers surely?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think he meant whole numbers not even numbers (I could be wrong) but yeah we all agree that it's not possible.

edit - If the last number is 19 and not 29 it's possible because 18 + 12, 7 + 8 + 15 and 19 + 11 all equal 30.

No it's supposed to be even numbers. Which makes this even more retarded as you can not divide 100 by three and get even numbers...

Maybe but he says "the same even number" (assuming it's translated accurately)

Correct, as in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc etc.

So either this math problem is a trick question or whoever came up with it were high beyond reason...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, the other question had odd numbers. The solution I gave (assuming 29 is actually 19 or 11 is actually 1) works the same way because there's no mix of odd or even numbers in each pot. My bet is that they've made a mistake with the numbers because it sure as hell doesn't work any other way.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No it's supposed to be even numbers. Which makes this even more retarded as you can not divide 100 by three and get even numbers...

Correct, as in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc etc.

So either this math problem is a trick question or whoever came up with it were high beyond reason...
I still think my solution is correct. It didnt say the same even numbers. Just even numbers.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
doesn't say it has to be even numbers, just says it has to be the same number in all 3 cups

Also it doesn't say you have to use all the balls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom