Stuck on Read Only

ECA

I am a FH squatter
My dads PC is fubared. fresh pc about 2 weeks old and he's buggered it already :D

Apparently his folders are stuck on read only, he's googled a few solutions but nothing working so far, any ideas?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
eh? isn't that a doze 'works as designed' thing? I'm on my gf's poota atm and all her folders show up as 'read only' too while she can still write to them.

perhaps your Da has managed to turn on read only at a higher level in the computer. in that case you will have to log on as administrator or a user with admin privileges and give the folders back to him.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Him run without admin? Nevah!

Basically he can't save files etc to any folders.
Obvious options all tried none workies.

Interesting thing is when he goes to save as he isnt offered a file type, nor are any selectable from the drop down menu.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well you now have a reason for him to not run as admin :)

you could go into the top folder that belongs to his user and untick read-only and do the allow-rights-to-be-inherited thing

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
Is it Windows XP Professional or Home edition?

If the file associations are broken under the Administrator account then "oh dear" if they aren't try...

Logging on as the local Administrator and renaming his profile (in Documents and Settings) by adding .old on the end and then logging back on as his normal username and password.

Also local administrator accounts should be able to access all folders on the C drive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom