Strongest grey con ever!

Afrodite

Fledgling Freddie
There was also a bug back in the old days where you could read a guild chat of a guild in an enemy realm.

Nate

FH is my second home
I liked the corpse but able to move bug, was pretty fun :D

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
or standing at mpk at hearing /s messages from apk :p

you knew who was gonna be out from all the "lfg!" ;)

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:
do I see elfsplat wajn ?!!

lol Elf allways wajn ... biggest wajner of them all! :] .. hehe but we still <3 him HOhoHOhOHO

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Sorin said:
Thats some sick stuff there..

If it wasen't because i was an editor myself i would prolly admire the guy...

But since i am, i think he's stupid as hell.

He must have hacked into the servers since the character reg is there.

Think about it... if you had the power of a god
would you use it all at the same time and get discovered right away?

Or use the power without getting noticed that much?

I mean, if a chanter or whatever does that much damage with a bow.
Everyone will know that somethings wrong.
:kissit:
If i had a bow like that, i'd go and farm the dragon few times... $$$

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
This looks like an exploit of a bug rather than a client-side hack to me. Look at the damage; 65535. Programmers ought to recognize that number, it's the end-range of an unsigned short (2 bytes). It's this in binary: 1111111111111111, which is -1 for an signed short.

In programming, -1 is usually used to specify an invalid result. (like, whatever calculates the damage, fails, and returns -1. Then it gets converted to an unsigned short and tadaa, lotsa damage. Instead, the server app should've checked if the returned value from the damage code isn't -1. Ouch.)

Either way; this shouldn't be happening and it shouldn't be abused.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The bow issue has been identified and fixed. It has nothing to do with a bug, a cheat or an exploit. It is not something that you can do, even if you tried. The bow in question was a flue item, and is not reproducable.

As for the server getting hacked and ubermobs being popped in Emain - yes to the popping, no to the hacking. Two people managed to get their paws on a set of GM tools/documents, and thus have been able to do a number of things only GMs were supposed to be able to do. One was banned and the other temp.banned and stripped for their work. The option to run GM tools outside of GOA has since been removed. :)

Happy New Year. :)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
This looks like an exploit of a bug rather than a client-side hack to me. Look at the damage; 65535. Programmers ought to recognize that number, it's the end-range of an unsigned short (2 bytes). It's this in binary: 1111111111111111, which is -1 for an signed short.

In programming, -1 is usually used to specify an invalid result. (like, whatever calculates the damage, fails, and returns -1. Then it gets converted to an unsigned short and tadaa, lotsa damage. Instead, the server app should've checked if the returned value from the damage code isn't -1. Ouch.)

Either way; this shouldn't be happening and it shouldn't be abused.
Uhm, that seems rather far-fetched. And what's up with the 90k+ dmg that someone else posted in this thread? :p

Nate

FH is my second home
somebody stayed up all night figuring it out ;o

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Congax said:
Uhm, that seems rather far-fetched. And what's up with the 90k+ dmg that someone else posted in this thread? :p

a crit on 64k damage

dex

Fledgling Freddie
could of least got the relics back, 1 shot the gates and doors
while she/he was at it

but spose that would of been against the CoC etc and GOA would of given em back to the albs on a silver plate

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
dex said:
could of least got the relics back, 1 shot the gates and doors
while she/he was at it

but spose that would of been against the CoC etc and GOA would of given em back to the albs on a silver plate

precisely, finally a hib who actually talked some sense ;)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
i have the video, but will only post it if you come back :D

I wonder what movie you are referring to ... I made one of that night as well and didn't think anyone saw or downloaded it :p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
I know Dawg :p didnt know he was doing this shit tho, so ill be sure to bring it up next time hes on (if he isnt banned lol) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom