streaming audio avec last.fm support

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
please say it's so. the latest pms has the support removed :/ if I install the last.fm client so it sees the WMP, will that pick up on media streamed to my PS/3?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In Winglish?

The last.fm client is shit. I've been arguing this point on their forums. Needing a drive letter to support network stored music = wank.

What is PMS?

TdC

erm, it's what the playstation media server seems to be called in certain circles :)

as to the last.fm client, yes, I agree it is shit. I mean, why have a bunch of nerds code support for it into a media server, when it's not going to work for network plays.

I know it's going to throw their single-user stats off, but the point of me doing it is so I can play my flac's through the new hifi thingy and have them count on last.fm. As you can see from my stats, I've been doing a lot of that lately, and not playing through the poohtah :/

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't blame you to be honest. It's a shame you can't sync a last.fm play count with a PC library so I'm stuck with iTunes until they sort that one out.

I honestly don't know the answer to your Q though I'm afraid. I'm not sure if WMP as a server actually "plays" the track or just serves up the raw file to whatever's asking for it. I highly suspect it is the latter.

TdC

yea I guess you're right, thing is I almost thought I had one with XBMC, but that only supports -once again- tracks played directly, so if I use it to stream to the PS/3 it no workie :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom