Stray Cats?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Right I have 4 cats of my own, however we have been feeding 2 cats that pretty much live in our hedge for about 3 months.

One of them is only about 8 months old and is very small, this weekend we discovered that it was getting a cold its right eye is closing over with gunk and it has a very nasty sneeze and heavy breathing.

Now I cant keep it in my house because it probably has not had any injections, I cannot get another cat because 4 is enough already witha babay on the way.

So who do I contact? I have tried looking for the Rspca and tbh unless I am trying to give them money there is nothing of any use I can see.

Damini

Part of the furniture
08705 555999

RSPCA

Call them ASAP - the breathing sounds very dodgy. Poor little mites.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Calaen said:
Right I have 4 cats of my own, however we have been feeding 2 cats that pretty much live in our hedge for about 3 months.

One of them is only about 8 months old and is very small, this weekend we discovered that it was getting a cold its right eye is closing over with gunk and it has a very nasty sneeze and heavy breathing.

Now I cant keep it in my house because it probably has not had any injections, I cannot get another cat because 4 is enough already witha babay on the way.

So who do I contact? I have tried looking for the Rspca and tbh unless I am trying to give them money there is nothing of any use I can see.

Yup, RSPCA, or any local pet charity. Dunno where you live, but in london i'd taken them to somewhere like the Celia Hammond Trust (where we got our little ones from..) Worth doing a search see if there is a local rescue center.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
sounds like cat flu to me, in which case don;t let it anywhere nr your other moggies as its highly infectious even with jabs. Just take it stright to ur local vets, explain its a stray, that you can;t keep it but don't want it put down unless absolutely necesary, and can they help. They should be able to direct you to nearest help. (speaking from experience as used to work in a vets.)

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Poor kitty :(

I get so sad when cats get sick or hurt, doesn't matter if they aren't mine.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
If they are friendly invite them into your house briefly. I hear that cats cooked in deep fat oil is not unlike chicken and therefore would make excellent nutritional snacks if cooked for the right amount of time. Cat has a tendency to be a little stringy but dunked in the right amount of fat for the right amount of time is a perfect meal for 3-4. Theoretically you should be able to serve cat with any generic amarican food, such as beans, chips(fries), hot potato and still enoy it alsmost as if its a vaguely normal meal
, plucking a cat is harder than a chicken but lets face it, who isnt bored of chicken so the little bit extra effort is genuinly worth it. I like cat with thin fried chips, cucumber dressing and a salad with several plum tomatoes and gallons of mayo!

Many ideas positively just out there, just use your imagination!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm not eating a stray :eek:

Only prime, free-range farm cats for me!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, who knows where it's been! :eek:

For some reason, I'm imagining that stray cat meat would be stringier than normal cat meat... :(

Calaen

Got it sorted, phoned the Rspca spent 45 minutes waiting on a premium number :-(

Scrapped that idea and phoned a local PDSA hospital, they told me that if I took it in they would give it some injections and clean its eyes out for me but I would have to take it away again with me.

So I ended up doing that and letting the little guy sleep in my living room, let him out for 10 minutes this morning and have put him back in till I get home tonight. Hopefully I will be able to find a home for him because he is so friendly.

Shame I had to skip my first night back at University since before Christmas, but I could not leave the little thing suffer.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Awww, and there was you trying to look all 'ard n stuff in the top gear thread... :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I feel that Calaen's compassion for cats will get him laid a helluvalot faster than us using cat-cuisine to woo teh females Callous :(

Damini

Part of the furniture
What's your location, Calean? Trying to find cat sanctuaries located "In Trem" has proved unproductive.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I dunno, I know some girls that love a bit of warm pussy...

:eek: (at self)

Calaen

Damini said:
What's your location, Calean? Trying to find cat sanctuaries located "In Trem" has proved unproductive.

Gateshead/Newcastle :)

Calaen

caLLous said:
Awww, and there was you trying to look all 'ard n stuff in the top gear thread... :)

Lies I am 'ard :p I just have a heart :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Who knows what sorts of wildlife you'll find 'In Trem' :(

Calaen

Damini said:
http://www.cats.org.uk/contact/findcp.asp

Okay, now you're on your own, as my geography is appalling and it took me two attempts to work out what section of the map newcastle was in.

P.S. Can we see a picture of the new cat?

Thanks for this,

I will take a picture tonight for you he's a beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom