Strange towers!

Calo

Part of the furniture
So in the old days when u attacked a tower with albs in it, u could hide yourself going close to the wall.

Now recently iv been to some towerraids and there were like 10 alb casters in side and they hitted me whole the time, if i ran S or W or E or N they just kept on doing damage on me, Thats really fucked up tbh.

Most of those alb casters try to lagcast even which just sucks, i mean, oke its very funny if u see a caster lagcasting and u kill him or he moves to fast and falls of the tower.

Anyone noticed or maybe albs know some tricks to kill ppl arround a tower but for me, no way im gonna join many towerfarms anymore because iits just fucked up if your not an rr6+ caster.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to happen with all realms...some wierd los stuff happening these days for a variety of reasons.

polza

Loyal Freddie
the only place where it is impossible for people in the tower to c u is against the corner, if ur agaisnt the side wall can either nuke throu the holes above ur head, dependin on where ur standin, or stand on the corner part which slighly stick out.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The murder holes spaced around the perimeter of the tower battlements can be used to get LOS, I am not sure whether this is a recent change or it was simply never exploited before...

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
if u try to go up on a tower u see near each corner there's a small tap out u can stand on, from there u can nuke ppl who is hugging the wall ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you stand out on the ledge at say the sw corner of the tower, you can see down to the se corner.

I've had some odd things happen before though with normal towers (whilst in the tower take a step forward but not into los yet still get nuked 6 times by someone ;) - this is with no more than 12 people anywhere near the tower so it's not zerg-lag) but it's very rare.

It's possible people were using some sort of lag exploit but I'd go for "nuking through a murder hole" or "nuking from the opposite corner" unless you've got some screenshots (in which case send them to RightNow and don't post em here :))

On the lag casting thing - just walking forward on a tower when there's a few enemies around will have you drop off the side then pop back briefly, if they're walking through walls to nuke you there's probably something dodgy going on mind you.

Calo

Part of the furniture
I'm not trying to accuse ppl but just recently i found towerfights very annoying because they keep hitting u.
And how should I make a screen btw, when the "char is" on the ground or?

last towerfight, there was a sorc
and he stood all the time on that edge, and after a while he suddenly was on the ground trying to kill me so I interrupted him and he was suddenly back upstairs, he tried again but now he fell off the tower so i killed him and laughed because well, that was stupid :p

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
well gtaoe can interrupt all around the tower, you cant hide.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
I'm not trying to accuse ppl but just recently i found towerfights very annoying because they keep hitting u.
And how should I make a screen btw, when the "char is" on the ground or?

last towerfight, there was a sorc
and he stood all the time on that edge, and after a while he suddenly was on the ground trying to kill me so I interrupted him and he was suddenly back upstairs, he tried again but now he fell off the tower so i killed him and laughed because well, that was stupid :p

might be he was trying to lag off or might be he just moved forward a step and faced - you always get some lag (depending on how lagged they are and how lagged you are they'll end up on the floor)

Was he up there on that ledge all the time? or did he move back and forth to get out of los? if you're moving you'll seem to lag off the wall to other people, if you're really lagged you can get client lag lagging you off the wall literally :) and if that happened I'd not be surprised if he was just lagging from the number of people around/catacombs textures/whatever.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
had it a couple times lately that im getting nuked by a mid caster with NO LOS AT ALL. and anywhere u move they keep nuking you, i dunno what the exploit is but it needs looking into. and no it isnt GTAoE :)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
had it a couple times lately that im getting nuked by a mid caster with NO LOS AT ALL. and anywhere u move they keep nuking you, i dunno what the exploit is but it needs looking into. and no it isnt GTAoE :)

Still think its lag. I think I once or twice saw a caster fall down from tower. I target and fire bolts, then he hops back up but I still got to fire the bolts, they just went up instead and prolly hit him while he was out of LoS.

So even if you are not in LoS, your "ghost" might be. then when the ghost "jumps" back the spells hit you.

Dunno if thats the case.

Config

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

It is the cast speed. Totally stupid to make castspeed as fast as it is when the infrastructure cant handle it. Maby if i sat beside the server and played it would be able to handle it, but 99% of us dont sit near the area where the server is located so kinda unlogic to make it as it is. They must have in the calculation that there will be some lag between clients and the server, there allways is when it comes to major systems like this.

I have died several times like this and seen a lot of people died like this aswell. Kinda ruins the game fun to die when your in fact are behind a wall or not in view.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Config said:
It is the cast speed. Totally stupid to make castspeed as fast as it is when the infrastructure cant handle it. Maby if i sat beside the server and played it would be able to handle it, but 99% of us dont sit near the area where the server is located so kinda unlogic to make it as it is. They must have in the calculation that there will be some lag between clients and the server, there allways is when it comes to major systems like this.

I have died several times like this and seen a lot of people died like this aswell. Kinda ruins the game fun to die when your in fact are behind a wall or not in view.

shrooms can keep hitting u for about 15 secs after they loose LoS - dont ya just luv em!

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Calaclya said:
shrooms can keep hitting u for about 15 secs after they loose LoS - dont ya just luv em!

ooooh yes! more shrooms please! :)

anyway, I thought there was two checks when people cast damagespells

1) <click castbutton> can I see target? is it in range? if yes goto 2
2) <spell about to go off> can I still see target? is it still in range? if yes - FIRE!

however.. I often find that after using vanish.. damagespells still land on me after that microsecond of überstealth is gone.. and I get unstealthed and nuked to quite, quite fast.
Same with arrows, but I have slightly more understanding for arrows already in flight than a spell that has caster has started to cast.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Fenderon said:

2) <spell about to go off> can I still see target? is it still in range? if yes - FIRE!

however.. I often find that after using vanish.. damagespells still land on me after that microsecond of überstealth is gone.. and I get unstealthed and nuked to quite, quite fast.
Same with arrows, but I have slightly more understanding for arrows already in flight than a spell that has caster has started to cast.

They just have aimbot!

u know in that new game fable , u have to aim when u shoot with a bow.

Plz implent it here, would be funny to see scouts trying to shoot us but shooting their own ppl in the head :D

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
They just have aimbot!

u know in that new game fable , u have to aim when u shoot with a bow.

Plz implent it here, would be funny to see scouts trying to shoot us but shooting their own ppl in the head :D

AH nice i havent installed Fable yet, buisy finishing Advent Rising. How is it?

Calo

Part of the furniture
Aloca said:
AH nice i havent installed Fable yet, buisy finishing Advent Rising. How is it?

its cool, nice graphics etc.

and im evil btw :(

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Fenderon said:

This surprised me when it first happened that I killed a Stealther after he used Vanish. Its basically your gonna die if unless you resist the spell after using vanish. This one is Mythics fault, or maybe they meant it to be like that.

But yes there are so LoS issues. As started at the murder holes and on the corners of towers, I normal use either of those to aoe so I interupt as many classes as possible.

But now today while defending DCrim I had a little issue that pissed me off with some Hibs around at postern door.. Killed me a few times, I was ok about that coz of their OP stun ;) but then I was on top of one of the towers and I moved from the wall (to where hibs were hiding) to the ladder to move down... When I got about half way I got nuked 3 times for around 500 dmg... NO LoS what so ever, and keep in mind I was running the opposite way from them so lag doesnt really come into it. So yes something is fucked up with LoS atm, and a few people seem to like to abuse it.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
AE DoT:ing people who lag through walls and keep doors is an age-old practice. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom