Strange LD from adsl router

M

macker

I had this problem once before but then it just stopped.

I have 2 pc's going into a Netgear DG814 ADSL router

Router is DHCP server aswell hands out 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 to main and second pc

I logged both pc's into daoc no prob but after 3-10mins my main pc will go LD but second pc stays in game with no problems . This happens all the time.

Both pc's are using Win XP pro all upto date etc

All network setups are identical plus there isnt anything i can change on them anyway lol considering router hands out the ip address's

Also when main pc goes LD I can still surf the net np

Any ideas ? i know alot of other ppl use these routers

To me it looks like daoc is booting me for some reason?

thx in advance

O

old.Kerosene

Potential utter bollocks post ahead..

I remember reading this somewhere and I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something like...

Netgear ADSL Routers tend to act as switches which is usually fine. However it could be something to do with it being a 10/100 switch. If one pc has a 10mb Network card and the other has a 100mb network card this can cause problems with the packet routing or something.

I dunno.

Short answer - Try a difference network card in the main pc.

R

rellikdragdim

i too got a Netgear router and i too got a problem with lots of LD's. and i do have two comps in the network one with a 10mb card and one with 100..
are you sure it will work if i buy a 100mbs card to the comp with 10mb the ld's will stop? :eek:

M

macker

Both using onboard network setup

Whatabout changing the networking setting where it says auto to 100 full duplex etc cant remember the name of the networking setting atm :)

M

macker

Bump am getting booted every 30mins bang on :(

any ideas anyone ?

K

Karlo

Originally posted by macker
Bump am getting booted every 30mins bang on :(

any ideas anyone ?

same things happening to me mate and I cant sort it, ive got a different router too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom