MSI K9n Neo F motherboard
AMD athlon 64 3400+
1gb DDR2 667mhz RAM
Geforce 7600 GT (256mb)

Running Windows XP home with Service pack 2

I am using all the latest drivers i can find

--------------

Ok the problem is this.

I can run around in DAOC for hours with NO problems whatsoever, it works perfectly. BUT the very second i try to step inside the lvl 40 champ dungeon to kill Bres so i can get my champ weapon (Looks like DF inside)

the gfx go F***** nuts!

Lines coming form peoples heads, walls drawing themselves across the entire screen etc etc.

Now, i CAN type /q and 20 seconds later, i am bac at the char select screen with no problems.

However, if i then quit the game, i go back to desktop, and the monitor constatly flickers on and of (as though i were repeatadly unpluging it from the gfx card port, and re pluging it in.)

nothing short of a powerdown can resolve this.

The ONLY other time i have encountered this is when i ramped up the resolution on NWN2... exactly the same problems occured.

any ideas?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, well I would normaly blame most graphical corruption like you describe on graphics card drivers, make sure you are using the latest unified forceware drivers from nVidia.com

You should check your memory with memtest, and make sure your card / monitor cable etc are all plugged in firmly as the stuff that happens in windows sounds less like drivers and more like faulty hardware.

dex

Fledgling Freddie
ive got the same prob on my sys,

found out the pci-e slot has a bent pin so i have to press the gfx card now and again and it goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom