Str. cap

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
hello guys!

Recently activated my old accounts from waaay back, and I must say
its good to be back :)

And now my new temp ready, but with my old ras and buffs my str is pushed far beyond 400str (450 ish). And I heard that anything above 400
is a waste of points can someone experienced confirm this?

Another thing I have heard, in the good old days troll zerkers should have
as little qui as possible to hit HARD, nowadays its the opposite.. atleast what I have heard.. is this true?

Kindregards
Tiac the troll serker on ywain4 (now known as Tiax since Tiac was taken:p )

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
15str at creation and aug str4 as troll and you will end up with 450str.. It seems like quite a bit, but then again I can imagine you put down most things pretty quick

When fully buffed you should end up with 250qui to cap your swing speed

What realm rank are you?

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
So I can have 400+ str without the excess points being useless? Im guessinig there is no hardcap at 400 str then?:p Why would some tell me that, weird

Im r7 somthing :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I don't think there's a hardcap at 400, no..

aika

Can't get enough of FH
didnt see much difference between 375 str and 405 str as a champ

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
didnt see much difference between 375 str and 405 str as a champ

I think im gonna experiment alittle with this tonight, thanks for the swift replys guys. Appriciated:)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I think there is a softcap at 400 str and hardcap at 420, or so I was told not too long ago. Of course, then there's always debuffs and shears, so more is better, but is it really worth putting ra points into going above 400? Your choice I guess.

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
Did some quick tests yesterday, fully buffed I hitted my gimped buffbot with Double Frost 50 times with 411 str, and 50 times with 462 str.. just for the fun of it.

The difference wasnt that big, with 411 str my average dmg was about 280dmg(only MH) pr hit -- While with 462 str my average dmg was about 325(only MH).

45 dmg pr hit(mh) for a huge RA costs it just isnt worth it, as some ppl have allready said

So there you go, if ur interested :p

both attempts was with 250 qui btw.

dajnamajt

Fledgling Freddie
Hardcap is actually 450 Str.
After 400 str you slighly increase damage stability and few pts to base dmg.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
More strength is never bad.. Even if your damage only increases a little bit, your ws will rise. And more ws = better chance of hitting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am happy with around 400 str on my hero, went Aug str 5 once and saw little difference. The RA points can be better spent elsewhere.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
As someone else pointed out it is not just about damage but also Weaponskill, you want to have as much weaponskill as possible to make sure you actually hit in the first place.

That's not to say you should waste more RA's on it, but it's something else to consider. Personally I'm happy at 398 but have often put alot of thought into the pros and cons between going up to the next aug str tier for a bit more.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
As someone else pointed out it is not just about damage but also Weaponskill, you want to have as much weaponskill as possible to make sure you actually hit in the first place.

That's not to say you should waste more RA's on it, but it's something else to consider. Personally I'm happy at 398 but have often put alot of thought into the pros and cons between going up to the next aug str tier for a bit more.

Can't see any diff in hit % between 390 to 410 Str with Capped + Weapon at least from rr5 onwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom