Stormlord pve?

Should Stormlord ability's also affect mobs?

• Yes

Votes: 96 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
yes or no?

make stormlord ability's also affect mobs yes/no?:D

Himse

FH is my second home
i agree, its a very bad ability line and they should give it a boost.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
tbh all bloody master lines should be usable in pve, its basically saying you have to rvr! theres alot of people who dont like rvr but want to get there chars as good as possible.....yet they get abilities that are useless to them, its discrimination !

also give runies/elds/wizies/whoever a decent ml9 ability in convoker :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Aeris said:
tbh all bloody master lines should be usable in pve, its basically saying you have to rvr! theres alot of people who dont like rvr but want to get there chars as good as possible.....yet they get abilities that are useless to them, its discrimination !

also give runies/elds/wizies/whoever a decent ml9 ability in convoker :p
U summoned pet for non pet classes would be good, capped at grey con for interupts so as not to be OPd tho.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Hell yes it should, ML10 stormlord and didn't take that route for RvR only :) Givf stormlord PvE plz !!

still though, could you imagine couple Ml9-10's stacking energy tempests ? lol

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Aeris said:

Well said, and repped for it. Everything in this game should work in PvE as well as RvR, since it's a PvE + RvR game.

Bleh..."You must spread some reputation around etc"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aye, it amazes me that Stormlord has been allowed to go over 2 years without being 'fixed'.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
Well said, and repped for it. Everything in this game should work in PvE as well as RvR, since it's a PvE + RvR game.

You PvE so you can RvR :>

Nate

FH is my second home
i can see how it would be abused though, i think they should only be useable if the caster(of the storm) is in a certain radius of the storm / all aggro goes to the caster...but yeh sounds like a nice idea

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:

You saying bodyguard should work in pve as well?

That would just be stupid, pbaoe groups would be godmode!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Coldbeard said:
You PvE so you can RvR :>
Maybe you do. Not everybody does, by any means. At any given point, more people are PvEing than RvRing, and this has always been the case.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
Maybe you do. Not everybody does, by any means. At any given point, more people are PvEing than RvRing, and this has always been the case.

Maybe the you in that sentence was not You in particular but generally speaking. Should have pointed it out, maybe by typing One instead of you, but I figured everyone would understand anyways. More people are PvEing than RvRing, okey. Why is that? Because PvE is so much fun? Not likely.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:

Vast majority do pve just for rvr

Scroll farming for that uber artifact, gold farming for that uber mp armour, item farming for your uber template, cl farming for your cl5 weapon(for rvr ofc), powerleveling a new alt(for rvring, obviously)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Thadius said:
Vast majority do pve just for rvr
I think that's an unjustifiable generalisation. If PvE truly was something that people 'put up with' just to RvR, then they'd be in and out as fast as possible...and they're not. Sure, there are people who think like that, but they're not the 'vast majority' of the playerbase. And if the 'vast majority' found PvE so objectionable that they only did it because they were forced to, it's highly doubtful they'd choose to do a game with so much PvE content from day one.
powerleveling a new alt(for rvring, obviously)
...or because they simply fancy playing that class to see what it's like, without being Mr. Pwnzor in RvR on it ever crossing their mind.

MMORPGs are about the journey itself more than anything else - it's not like there's an end-of-DAOC boss. You think the RR grind is any different from the XP grind in game mechanic terms? It's still a character-development thing.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
I think that's an unjustifiable generalisation. If PvE truly was something that people 'put up with' just to RvR, then they'd be in and out as fast as possible...and they're not. Sure, there are people who think like that, but they're not the 'vast majority' of the playerbase. And if the 'vast majority' found PvE so objectionable that they only did it because they were forced to, it's highly doubtful they'd choose to do a game with so much PvE content from day one.

...or because they simply fancy playing that class to see what it's like, without being Mr. Pwnzor in RvR on it ever crossing their mind.

MMORPGs are about the journey itself more than anything else - it's not like there's an end-of-DAOC boss. You think the RR grind is any different from the XP grind in game mechanic terms? It's still a character-development thing.

Dont think I know anybody who powerlevels an alt just for the "experience" of that character. Only person I know who powerleveled an alt for pve was a necromancer, but that was to farm cash and powerlevel his alts on the main account

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I like PvE, and I like RvR.

Sometimes it's nice to have predictable opponents, and to be able to mow through vast numbers of mobs/deep purple ones is fun.

Sometimes it's nice to have the unpredictability of a human opponent, to match your skills(and setup, and equipment) against others out to do the same.

On-topic, they should review what ML abilities are available to use in PvE. The game's getting older, and people are getting used to their abilities, and it's frustrating to see an ability you've worked hard for attaining and using actively in one part of the game being utterly useless in the other part. Obviously, some abilities would be just plain unbalanced in PvE, but as it is today entirely too many lines are too one-sided. Stormlord being one of them.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Thadius said:
Dont think I know anybody who powerlevels an alt just for the "experience" of that character. Only person I know who powerleveled an alt for pve was a necromancer, but that was to farm cash and powerlevel his alts on the main account
If PLing is all you're doing, then you're not even playing the class anyway.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Margaret said:
I like PvE, and I like RvR.

Sometimes it's nice to have predictable opponents, and to be able to mow through vast numbers of mobs/deep purple ones is fun.

Sometimes it's nice to have the unpredictability of a human opponent, to match your skills(and setup, and equipment) against others out to do the same.

can always spam some amnesia on the mobs to spice it up :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Storms DID work in pve in the very first ToA release they were 'fixed' in the first patch. People used to use the DD storm to pull all the Salamanders at Tarts and to kill Chan and his buddies in ML9

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Storms DID work in pve in the very first ToA release they were 'fixed' in the first patch. People used to use the DD storm to pull all the Salamanders at Tarts and to kill Chan and his buddies in ML9

Sounds like an easy to code quick fix.

If it generated aggro for the caster, and also stopped having an effect when the caster logged out or is dead, they'd be far less abusable.

Darzil

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
You saying bodyguard should work in pve as well?

That would just be stupid, pbaoe groups would be godmode!

wouldent be that much worse then it is in rvr looking at all the QQ'ing ppl write about BG....

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Ctuchik said:
wouldent be that much worse then it is in rvr looking at all the QQ'ing ppl write about BG....
Grapple is much worse than BG, in terms of sheer bloody annoyance factor. Grapple needs an immunity timer and a long re-use timer.

Nate

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
Sounds like an easy to code quick fix.

If it generated aggro for the caster, and also stopped having an effect when the caster logged out or is dead, they'd be far less abusable.

Darzil

well then they'd just use a friend to put the storm down, go to zone entrance and then the other would commence farmage..

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
well then they'd just use a friend to put the storm down, go to zone entrance and then the other would commence farmage..

So it then make it either only work when caster is within a certain range, or it'd get awkward as mobs started running off to get the caster rather than hang around.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom